Bring the Noise

Stop charging £50 for tickets and encourage the old faces that can not afford it now to come back.

That’s the only way in my opinion.

We’ve sadly lost match goers and imagine how often we’d sell out if we got them back on a regular basis, for midweek games too.
Price has nothing to do with it. CL games are cheap as chips this year and no one wants to know. Caraboa cup on Tuesday is less than a tenner and half the ground is shut.

Sad times when fans can’t afford to go anymore - hence all the tourists. Fair enough they bring in the revenue which the club wants but they don’t add anything to the atmosphere. Enjoy the game with your dad Tuesday - special times which I miss with mine.
He’s the one who started taking me when I was 6 and we have a lot of good memories from those times from promotions to finishing 5th a few times down to our times in the third tier which, really, was still enjoyable looking back.

He took me to Hillsborough in the home end on the last day of the season once, I got a bit fidgety in my seat when Beagrie scored a cracker and my Dad put his hand on my leg to try and stop me getting too excited in case we got sussed out - we’d already been sussed right from the start haha - but the Wednesday fans around us told us we were alright there as we weren’t taking the piss and SheffU got relegated that day so we ended up shaking hands with them after the game.

A different story when he saw me coming out of the Swamp after that FA Cup game in 2004. He’d been in the Stretford End and kept a low profile all game and I’d been in our away end and was walking down Busby Way after the game singing with my mates. I thought he was the one who was going to knock me out even more than the Rags!

I reckon most of the people who moan about the atmosphere are the ones who don't contribute at all.
Would love to know why people fck off early. I mean where the fck do they need to be that's so much better than the football?
I’d say it’s more likely to be the opposite. I’d bet most of this thread are people frustrated that others don’t join in and that’s why we comment on it. I’d also bet that the people we’re trying to get our message to don’t really come into this thread so we’re probably not reaching who we want to. But it’s still worth the effort. If it gets half a dozen more people getting involved more with their contribution to games then it’s been worth it.

I think it’s fair game most of the stick we get tbh. Our home support despite being very decent in numbers is the worse in the league. Have we all gone complacent? I sit in 107 and that block has gone from being loud well supported area on the fringes of the singing corner, to being a block that can’t be arsed or half arsed to stand for a dangerous attack or a corner and this is the same faces who have been in there from the beginning so can’t blame tourists or JCLs
The shifting of the Singing Section has had a huge affect on ESL1. Back at the start of this decade we were all saying the same thing about our atmosphere but it was miles better than it is now with the songs travelling down ESL1 from the Kippax Corner.

The other week when the corner had a good day (was it the 8-0?) we all noticed how many more fans were joining in around us in 105. Then when the corner were quieter again the next game how much quieter it was along ESL1 again.

If we could convert the noise from the cunnts who constantly moan into positive chants we would have. A fantastic atmosphere. The bloke 2 seats away from me never chants, never cheers, but slags off every misplaced pass, blames Walker and Mendy every time the opposition have an attack, it’s fucking wearisome. He ain’t young either so fuck knows what he was like when we were shit

I’d say it’s more likely to be the opposite. I’d bet most of this thread are people frustrated that others don’t join in and that’s why we comment on it. I’d also bet that the people we’re trying to get our message to don’t really come into this thread so we’re probably not reaching who we want to. But it’s still worth the effort. If it gets half a dozen more people getting involved more with their contribution to games then it’s been worth it.
I stand at the back of 115 and we sing most of the game. I've no idea which songs take off because we are singing. To be honest if I supported another team I would definitely be taking the piss out of our support. It's sad really because we should be having the time of our lives supporting this team.

Makes me laugh that some on here blame a couple of thousand tourists that come to each game for the shit atmosphere......but not the 40,000 season ticket holders that sit quietly for 80 minutes then leave early !!

And as for the comment that it will be better when we are post Pep battling for 4th and 5th place !!!!! Mind boggling.

The club need to make some radical decisions that will piss some people off but this season is the worst I have ever known for atmosphere and supporters leaving early.

The club need to get some people with proper ideas involved and find solutions

If we could convert the noise from the cunnts who constantly moan into positive chants we would have. A fantastic atmosphere. The bloke 2 seats away from me never chants, never cheers, but slags off every misplaced pass, blames Walker and Mendy every time the opposition have an attack, it’s fucking wearisome. He ain’t young either so fuck knows what he was like when we were shit

unfortunately you are quite right. We have a large proportion of glass half empty people. We are scoring goals at an unprecedented rate, yet people still moan about the attack. The bloke who sits two away from you is cloned all over the ground. They go for a good old moan ,nothing will change that,

Makes me laugh that some on here blame a couple of thousand tourists that come to each game for the shit atmosphere......but not the 40,000 season ticket holders that sit quietly for 80 minutes then leave early !!

And as for the comment that it will be better when we are post Pep battling for 4th and 5th place !!!!! Mind boggling.

The club need to make some radical decisions that will piss some people off but this season is the worst I have ever known for atmosphere and supporters leaving early.

The club need to get some people with proper ideas involved and find solutions

I/We have tried. Initially the club said no, due to certain constraints and concerns from within the club. But the club eventually relented and were happy to go along with specific ideas if certain conditions and criteria were followed. I couldn’t bring myself to do that. And I made that clear. That included the reaction from the fans. Any or all of the blame can’t be attributed to the club. That isn’t fair,.

There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that never reaches the public domain. For all the clubs good will, the clubs hands are tied by rules, regulations, procedures, H&S, and the fear of something going wrong. It’s the World we currently live in.

I’m just trying to give you, the fans, an idea of how hard it is to change things, and to take ideas forward.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.