Bring the Noise

Does anyone else wonder what Danny Wilson and the other club directors think when they read this thread? It’s a great snap shot of how frustrated we have become at the worsening atmosphere at the Etihad, and the inability of the club and the fans to improve the atmosphere.

They probably don’t give a shit as long as crowds and money in holds up

Palace Ultras fell out with the club and stopped going, as Palace wouldn’t relocate them to a block behind the goal, as other Palace fans In that area of the stand would have had to be relocated elsewhere in the stand. Don’t know what the outcome was.

Crystal Palace ‘ultras’: How Holmesdale Fanatics’ bid to make themselves heard has left Selhurst Park quieter than ever

Last season the HF met the club on several occasions to discuss a switch from their position in block B of the Holmesdale Stand’s lower tier to the more central block E behind the goal, from where they hoped to generate an even louder noise and swell into the largest singing section in English football. Palace initially agreed but after the plans were leaked, some long-time fans already based in block E railed against the threat of eviction from their familiar seats, and the club stalled.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...e-fanatics-ultras-selhurst-park-a8534371.html

Indeed mate but when you look at their ‘end’ they already have a large number of allocated seats of like minded individuals. As you point out now they have the same issues as us in that we are not really able to allocate seats without upsetting others.

Indeed mate but when you look at their ‘end’ they already have a large number of allocated seats of like minded individuals. As you point out now they have the same issues as us in that we are not really able to allocate seats without upsetting others.

Difference is City have probably moved most of City's season ticket holders at least 13 times.

They probably don’t give a shit as long as crowds and money in holds up

Between me and you the club are trying. They are very active in trying to improve the atmosphere. They have been working with 1894 for many years. They are receptive to ideas, but they are mindful of the rules and regulations that govern modern day football. To an extent their hands are tied. They are very proactive on safe standing, are supportive of a new singing section in the NS, if and when that is expanded, and they are committed to improving the atmosphere long-term. They help out financially if necessary with the big displays, etc. They also take the wider fan base in to consideration when ideas about improving the atmosphere are discussed at 1894 and Director level. I will probably get shot for posting that, but I’m trying to give a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. City have a team who work with 1894, and work within the club to improve the matchday atmosphere. The team take their jobs very seriously, and are very dedicated. They deserve plenty of credit. Unfortunately most City fans don’t know what goes on behind the scenes as regards improving the atmosphere. The club and 1894 can only do so much. In the end it’s up to the fans to step up and to create a better atmosphere at the Etihad.

Last edited:

The report states 180 Ultras, if true? We,1894, struggle to get 30, 40, or 50 City fans to relocate to the front rows in 115 on a CL night. 1894 are always looking for City fans to relocate for 1 match, to join in the singing, and to help with the displays if possible, but there aren’t many takers, even on BM when we post a thread.

The report states 180 Ultras, if true? We,1894, struggle to get 30, 40, or 50 City fans to relocate to the front rows in 115 on a CL night. 1894 are always looking for City fans to relocate for 1 match, to join in the singing, and to help with the displays if possible, but there aren’t many takers, even on BM when we post a thread.

I think from viewing the footage of them and this reports suggests much more than that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...-park-fans-supporters-group-a9164761.html?amp

Not sure how many blocks that would be in level 1 but as you have highlighted we seem a long way from that and if we did have the numbers it would mean upsetting quite a few fans.

Between me and you the club are trying. They are very active in trying to improve the atmosphere. They have been working with 1894 for many years. They are receptive to ideas, but they are mindful of the rules and regulations that govern modern day football. To an extent their hands are tied. They are very proactive on safe standing, are supportive of a new singing section in the NS, if and when that is expanded, and they are committed to improving the atmosphere long-term. They help out financially if necessary with the big displays, etc. They also take the wider fan base in to consideration when ideas about improving the atmosphere are discussed at 1894 and Director level. I will probably get shot for posting that, but I’m trying to give a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes. City have a team who work with 1894, and work within the club to improve the matchday atmosphere. The team take their jobs very seriously, and are very dedicated. They deserve plenty of credit. Unfortunately most City fans don’t know what goes on behind the scenes as regards improving the atmosphere. The club and 1894 can only do so much. In the end it’s up to the fans to step up and to create a better atmosphere at the Etihad.

It’s great to hear the club doing things and caring about the atmosphere, but it means nothing if they price out the people that make the atmosphere.

I’d also suggest if they really do care why al the cheesey, corporate shite- a band playing the other night.

I think from viewing the footage of them and this reports suggests much more than that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/crystal-palace-ultras-holmesdale-fanatics-selhurst-park-fans-supporters-group-a9164761.html?amp

Not sure how many blocks that would be in level 1 but as you have highlighted we seem a long way from that and if we did have the numbers it would mean upsetting quite a few fans.

1894 would like a more central position in block 115 for CL matches, but many of the seats are already sold, so we get the front rows, which allows us to all stand together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.