British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

Chickens coming home roost re.James Horwill getting away with stamping.
IRB are having the matter before the judiciary again with a Canadian presiding,everyone I spoke to at the airport on Sunday swore blind he'd get off even though it was obvious.
He won't play on Saturday if he's found guilty.

waterloo blue said:
IRB are having the matter before the judiciary again with a Canadian presiding,everyone I spoke to at the airport on Sunday swore blind he'd get off even though it was obvious.

Thats good to hear, it was a stonewall stamping and everyone knows it, even the assholes on the panel that found him innocent, absolute joke.. With or without him though I expect the Lions to come through and make history

big gaz said:
I have no problem with Tommy Bowe, but Alex Cuthbert must be thinking wtf scores a cracker in the test and Bowe not played for 3 weeks.
Must try to get 80 min out of Adam Jones ( haha yer I know), but without him our scrum went to shit.
With Youngs starting at 9 I would expect things to quicken up and the ball to move wider, if thats the plan then Tipuric should be flanker for his pace around the meadow.

He just needs to saty on untill the Aussies switch their front row if they think it's him holding it together. I'm a little worrries it's Vunipola that's the weak link at scrum time, Dan Cole is a very good scrummager.

Bowe shouldnt of made the tour to be honest. Saying that him starting isnt a surprise decent under a high ball and pressure and adds to the experience needed in the test. Its a good mix. Glad to see Sean O Brien on the bench he should be starting he is by the far the best forward we have in the loose and his work around the ruck is solid can do it all. I think that the Lions will again have too much. I guess this time the Lions to win by 5 to 10 points.

waterloo blue said:

He is playing Saturday as the appeal is next week but will miss the third test if found guilty.

oman0115 said:
foetus said:
citykev28 said:
I never knew any of that, thanks. A really interesting post and has intrigued me. When is the State of Origin match, is it on Sky and is there any reason why I might want to support one team over the other?

Game 2 is next Wednesday night (aus time). Support the blues! (nsw).

nsw=man city
qld=man utd
(bit of bias seeing as im from nsw haha)

Very bias!

NSW ( Man Utd ) Have a swagger, look down their noses @ QLD
QLD ( City ) Historical underdogs, overcoming arrogant neighbours

Go Maroons :)

lol QLD are the worst winners....players like thurston, hodges etc have so much arrogance. Also their whinging after the fight in game 1 ruined the spectical in game 2. 4 sin bins for nothing. It's origin, not a tea party!

Since this is a rugby thread I'll make this my last origin post (until game 3 haha)

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
waterloo blue said:

He is playing Saturday as the appeal is next week but will miss the third test if found guilty.

All the "experts" over here are still trying to justify the let off, his defence was that he was off balance, well have you tried to keep your balance by crossing over your legs in the opposite direction to the way you want to keep balance. The Aussie are so bias and blindly believe this is an injustice.

It really is another example of a huge problem with the game in general, violence is accepted to a point as part of the game and even justified at times, well if violence is a part of any game it has huge problems and when there is ambiguity as to the laws and punishment then one must question the whole ethos of this sport.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
needed Manu on the bench, dunno why Croft was dropped either.
I think Croft was only taken out of the starting team because O'Connell is out and Parling in. He offers less bulk so Lydiate is in to make it up

foetus said:
oman0115 said:
foetus said:
Game 2 is next Wednesday night (aus time). Support the blues! (nsw).

nsw=man city
qld=man utd
(bit of bias seeing as im from nsw haha)

Very bias!

NSW ( Man Utd ) Have a swagger, look down their noses @ QLD
QLD ( City ) Historical underdogs, overcoming arrogant neighbours

Go Maroons :)

lol QLD are the worst winners....players like thurston, hodges etc have so much arrogance. Also their whinging after the fight in game 1 ruined the spectical in game 2. 4 sin bins for nothing. It's origin, not a tea party!

Since this is a rugby thread I'll make this my last origin post (until game 3 haha)

There is a state of origin thread you know ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.