Bruno Guimaraes

Watch a lot of Newcastle TV games, as now live in the North East.
Think Bruno is a player who does a few really good things that people notice i.e. Match of the Day moments.
Don't think he is anywhere near to being consistent enough for City or a top level team.
He also is a clumsy tackler and can easily get wound-up.
Not a Pep player...
We want top class cover for Rodders to not lose every single match without him bossing our epicentre.

Who is that available 'Pep player' we should go for instead?

Definitely agree about Kovacic.
Think he really changed the flow of the game against Forest.
Missed the BHA game, but heard he was excellent.
Rodri definitely seems more like himself when Kovacic plays alongside him.
£25 million isn't a bad price for an experienced old-head who can play the defensive midfield role if Rodri is injured or suspended ?
Kovacic money wasn't wasted, hes been a good addition for the price. Nunes we don't know yet.

We want top class cover for Rodders to not lose every single match without him bossing our epicentre.

I'm not an expert on who City should sign as "cover" for Rodri. But, I would imagine it would be someone younger than Bruno ?
But, having watched him (albeit on TV) over 12 times this season, I don't think he has the consistent quality or discipline for that role at City.
Would Bruno be prepared to be a squad player at City, as you are suggesting ?

If he is good enough to cover Rodri without any drop off, he'll want regular game time alongside Rodri in a midfield 3,not just when Rodri is rested. I don't know who but don't think that player is Guimaraes.
For me Kimmich is a far better fit because he can play as an inverted right back with Walker needing replacing.

I'm not an expert on who City should sign as "cover" for Rodri. But, I would imagine it would be someone younger than Bruno ?
But, having watched him (albeit on TV) over 12 times this season, I don't think he has the consistent quality or discipline for that role at City.
I don't. Pep will have an idea how to play them all. Why did you think were we going for Rice? For the bench?

If he is good enough to cover Rodri without any drop off, he'll want regular game time alongside Rodri in a midfield 3,not just when Rodri is rested. I don't know who but don't think that player is Guimaraes.
For me Kimmich is a far better fit because he can play as an inverted right back with Walker needing replacing.
Bruno is too old (he is in the perfect age for midfielders in terms of experience and physicality) and you suggest Kimmich. Strange.

I look at Real Madrid last night and know they have Mbappe coming and others, too. Unless there is someone of proven physicality alongside Rodri, with the lungs to match, then Real's attackers will be through at our last line, and at that point it's a lottery. Some we'll keep out, some we won't. I love Neves, but I don't know if he would already be trusted in such a game next season; Guimaraes would.

We need to be able to rest Rodri, and others, far more if we are to arrive fresh in April, so everyone is going to have to curtail their expectations in regards minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.