BT Sport commentary v Arsenal (A)

The worst bit for me was when Jesus was held in the penalty area and the commentators said it was fine. No big inquiry afterwards about why VAR did not review it. It looked like a penalty to me. If it was an Arsenal player fouled in a similar manner would the commentators have said in was fine? Would Jake Humphrey have lead a witch hunt into VAR inconsistency?

The commentary is as much guilty of inconsistencies as VAR.

that was the evidence of the agenda today & there was an agenda. An agenda to make City out to be cheats & being favoured.

I thought Fletcher & Humphreys were the worst, their bias to see wrong when there was none was suspicious.

There was an angle that showed Ederson clearly get the ball, the pundits agreed then it stopped getting shown & it turned into a shit show. No need to replay VAR had seen Ederson get the ball.

Jesus was a penalty they agreed but then refused to mention or even talk about it at half time or any other time.

How Bernardo is questioned & then they have to make insinuations of diving was again a disgrace.

However the whole game was ruined by piss poor commentary. They know plenty of people like watching City so that’s why I believe there is an agenda of shithousery against us.

Summed it up perfectly for me when they were shouting that Laporte raised his arms to Martinelli in the second half.

Lambasting the decision for VAR to not take a look, then replay showed that there were no arms raised at all and they shut up very quickly. Bizarre.
Spot on! When they were screaming about Laportes raised arm. I thought Eric you daft bastard! Then they showed the replay and low and behold the dickheads had just made it up! Absolutely unbelievable!

PR37 got one (Norwich away ?) With far less contact than today.
No replay shown at half time, nothing.

As for BT and var, the reason var didn't ask the referee do go to the monitor for Eddie's 'foul' is because they agreed with the ref. Why BT idiots kept saying otherwise shows how biased they are
Well there were 3 TV angles of the VAR check - 2 looked like Eddie got the ball first, 1 looked like Eddie clipped his foot first, BT go with the outlier.

The worst bit for me was when Jesus was held in the penalty area and the commentators said it was fine. No big inquiry afterwards about why VAR did not review it. It looked like a penalty to me. If it was an Arsenal player fouled in a similar manner would the commentators have said in was fine? Would Jake Humphrey have lead a witch hunt into VAR inconsistency?

The commentary is as much guilty of inconsistencies as VAR.
Bang on the money. Persistent claims by the BT coverage with regard to inconsistency in the use of VAR, yet a complete lack of self awareness with regard to their own obvious bias.

Remember this is BT Sports.
When we got to the CL Semi finals v Madrid, they posted a 4 page flyer promoting BT Sports and the CL in a national campaign and featured 3 of the 4 teams in the semi finals and completely ignored us. They later claimed this was an error, yeah right as if no one noticed the 1 English team in it was left off the design,
They are all red tops so want us to lose, even in the CL they commentate on our games totally differently to the other English clubs

PR37 got one (Norwich away ?) With far less contact than today.
No replay shown at half time, nothing.

As for BT and var, the reason var didn't ask the referee do go to the monitor for Eddie's 'foul' is because they agreed with the ref. Why BT idiots kept saying otherwise shows how biased they are
Less contact and the ball 40 ft above his head. Today's ball was going straight to Jesus and it was just a rugby tackle. 100% penalty

It was shocking coverage, not just the commentary. The incident of the sending off was completely missed for example. But it was interesting as the game went on that they seemed to switch from saying VAR had been the right decision to arguing it should never have been referred to VAR. anyway, 3 points is 2 more than I was expecting. Arsenal played really well until they lost their discipline, and if they don’t learn from this they will not stay in the top 4 for long. City did well defensively, their goal was the sort it is hard to defend against. Impressed with Ake today, but even after this the only thing they could say was the Arsenal player missed an open goal, no mention at all of the goal-line clearance, which spared Laporte the same legendary hero status as Pollock.

Attachments

• 336B0469-1475-47C5-BE44-CC494DD6A0B6.jpeg
    336B0469-1475-47C5-BE44-CC494DD6A0B6.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 39
Out of interest does anyone based in the UK subscribe to a foreign football channel that can get the PL and CL coverage? Cant handle BT or SKY any longer.
Doesn't dazn have all the prem games in some countries? Might be worth looking into

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.