Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercrystal7 said:
Bayern rested half their team and still looked so strong. Such an amazing squad. The race for fourth looking like it could be over soon. It looks like the same four as last year. Wolfsburg with the money they have will probably take Gladbach's place. Dortmund killed Frankfurt on the counter. If they make the cup final, the CL quarters and get top 3 then Klopp has worked wonders considering the injury crisis.

A lot of people are wondering if the injuries are down to the training, they have had so many it can hardly be just bad luck.

bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Bayern rested half their team and still looked so strong. Such an amazing squad. The race for fourth looking like it could be over soon. It looks like the same four as last year. Wolfsburg with the money they have will probably take Gladbach's place. Dortmund killed Frankfurt on the counter. If they make the cup final, the CL quarters and get top 3 then Klopp has worked wonders considering the injury crisis.

A lot of people are wondering if the injuries are down to the training, they have had so many it can hardly be just bad luck.
I don't think it's the training necessarily, but a combination of the high energy pressing, the small squad, the lack of rotation and competing on all fronts. Klopp rarely changes his team and they have had the misfortune of having very difficult CL games. When all these things are put together then players are going to get injured.

BayernMan said:
Maldeika said:
Tbilisi said:
Been twice to Hamburg and have to say unlike other German fans they are an unfriendly lot.St Pauli the same.

It always depends on which fans you meet - it like everywhere - there is assholes in every crowd.

But yes - there is a mentality difference in Germany between North and South and West and East. But that is another story of a lot of stereotypes.
I find it funny how whenever i meet people from different regions in Germany the other has some "interesting" things to say about the other...

Probably just ran into the wrong people in Hamburg but on the train in we got chatting to an old German lady.I asked her if she liked English people and she was quite honest and said no....this was due to a firestorm that killed 40,000 people in one night after an allied bombing...I was quite shocked and thought this may have been passed down to the younger generation.

Tbilisi said:
BayernMan said:
Maldeika said:
It always depends on which fans you meet - it like everywhere - there is assholes in every crowd.

But yes - there is a mentality difference in Germany between North and South and West and East. But that is another story of a lot of stereotypes.
I find it funny how whenever i meet people from different regions in Germany the other has some "interesting" things to say about the other...

Probably just ran into the wrong people in Hamburg but on the train in we got chatting to an old German lady.I asked her if she liked English people and she was quite honest and said no....this was due to a firestorm that killed 40,000 people in one night after an allied bombing...I was quite shocked and thought this may have been passed down to the younger generation.

Well I guess the older generation still has those sentiments against each other and I would assume its not any different amongst the older English folks (or French, Dutch, Polish whatever people).

I doubt that the younger generation has a problem with English people and to be honest I always found the English media/press trying to keep the "hatred alive". Just have a look at whats happening in the English press when we play each other in football....

For us a match against England is special as you are still a respected team and you invented this wonderful sport after all. But other than that that´s it from a German point of view, while I feel in England there is more to it than just a game of football.

Germany vs. Netherlands or Austria is much more tense than England - Germany.

Of course we like to make fun of you (believe it or not...we sometimes like to have a laugh, but only when no one else is around to witness it and spread the word) and while you call us Krauts we call you "Insel Affen" (roughly translated to Island Apes), but that´s just banter. :)

I agree with most of yours, Bembeltown. People in germany are always a bit embarassed about that british press stuff, mostly about the war language, which is a taboo in germany.

Hamburg is generally seen as the most "british" city in germany, regarding the "understatement" and "coolness" or "stiffness" of the people (at least the upper class).

bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:

To be honest you can say the same thing about us and Schalke. Not entirely sure if it's because of his training regimes. He hasn't really had that much opportunity to rotate, like crystal mentioned, their CL group really didn't allow it as well.

Bembeltown said:
Tbilisi said:
BayernMan said:

Well I guess the older generation still has those sentiments against each other and I would assume its not any different amongst the older English folks (or French, Dutch, Polish whatever people).

I doubt that the younger generation has a problem with English people and to be honest I always found the English media/press trying to keep the "hatred alive". Just have a look at whats happening in the English press when we play each other in football....

For us a match against England is special as you are still a respected team and you invented this wonderful sport after all. But other than that that´s it from a German point of view, while I feel in England there is more to it than just a game of football.

Germany vs. Netherlands or Austria is much more tense than England - Germany.

Of course we like to make fun of you (believe it or not...we sometimes like to have a laugh, but only when no one else is around to witness it and spread the word) and while you call us Krauts we call you "Insel Affen" (roughly translated to Island Apes), but that´s just banter. :)

I love German people so friendly whenever I have been,apart from Hamburg.

Why Island Apes?......on second thoughts don't explain it!

Tbilisi said:

This is an attitude that you can understandably find among older people who lived through the bombing in cities like Hamburg and Dresden, not so much in towns less heavily bombed. You don't generally hear it from younger people.
When I watch Bayern in Hamburg I stay in a hotel in Hammerbrook. Walking the streets of this once working class district you see no houses, no pubs or bars, no old buildings at all. Everything is gone, totally destroyed now it is largely an industrial estate.
Walking the streets late at night after a game, searching for an off license, I tried to imagine the walls of fire roaring down the street at hurricane speed but of course you can't.
It wasn't in one night btw, Operation Gomorrah took place over a week with repeated attacks including on residential areas. Whichever side you are on you can certainly understand the feelings of those on the receiving end. Hamburg is very interesting for anyone interested in WWII, there is much to see. The famous battleship Bismarck was built at Blohm and Voss shipworks and they still have unused belt armour plating from her on display.

Right that's today's history lesson, now back to the football !

Another word about the War thing. I guess a lot of the view here in Germany does not have to do with the war but with the time afterwards - and maybe in which region you grew up. I am born in the South of Germany - here there for sure has always been some American influence because of the US Army that was stationed here for a very long time. I guess all of us have relatives in the US or know people that have relatives in the US. I do not know how it is in the other parts of Germany where the British Forces were stationed.

It took until the 90s to rebuild a lot of the buildings that were bombed during World War II. I grew up partly in Würzburg where the whole city center was made to ashes and during my childhood I often heard stories - but the "survivors" get less. My father is born D-day, when everything was starting to end - and gets 70 in March. That just shows how "far" back this war is.

-------------

Back to football...

First interview of Magath at Fulham

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq9AkQfWw3Q[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.