Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just makes it look worse for Bayer. You buy a player hoping he will improve, especially a young player. It's crazy to have a minimum release fee in this day and age for 1.5 million. If the played insisted then you look elsewhere.

supercrystal7 said:
Just makes it look worse for Bayer. You buy a player hoping he will improve, especially a young player. It's crazy to have a minimum release fee in this day and age for 1.5 million. If the played insisted then you look elsewhere.

Really?

They somehow bought a squad player - he was no world beater in Bundesliga 2 but a regular player. They only paid 2 millions for him. Letting him go somewhen for 1.5 millions does not mean a loss for the club especially if they save this with his wage.

Leverkusen is no club that intends to sell players again. For Sam this sum was important to make sure that - if he does not get enough match time - still finds a club willing to pay for his transfer - and he had a five year contract like this.

It is different when it means top talents.

Clubs like S04, BvB and Leverkusen seem to have learn their lessons in my opinion like Brazilian clubs. Even after selling Santana and Gotze for low release clauses they hve learnt from them and now dont put any clauses on player contracts. Schalke put a €45m one on Draxler and Bayer 04 didnt sell Schurlle for chump change and dont look like doing the same for Bender. Sadly this had to come after the likes of Vidal, Khedira, Ozil, Kagawa and Sahin had left for peanuts....

Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:

Really?

They somehow bought a squad player - he was no world beater in Bundesliga 2 but a regular player. They only paid 2 millions for him. Letting him go somewhen for 1.5 millions does not mean a loss for the club especially if they save this with his wage.

Leverkusen is no club that intends to sell players again. For Sam this sum was important to make sure that - if he does not get enough match time - still finds a club willing to pay for his transfer - and he had a five year contract like this.

It is different when it means top talents.
Yes really it's terrible. You don't have to put a minimum release clause on a player to accept transfer bids from other clubs. If he was just a lowly Bundesliga 2 player then go and find someone else if he won't sign or make a gentleman's agreement.

Good management would have taken into account what happens if Sam becomes a success? Then the club look foolish as a German international leaves for 1.5 million. There is no defence for such poor management. Leverkusen lost out on a possible 8 million at least, which could have been used to pay wages for other players, fund new signings, be kept by the club or reinvested in some other area.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:20 am --<br /><br />
BayernMan said:
Clubs like S04, BvB and Leverkusen seem to have learn their lessons in my opinion like Brazilian clubs. Even after selling Santana and Gotze for low release clauses they hve learnt from them and now dont put any clauses on player contracts. Schalke put a €45m one on Draxler and Bayer 04 didnt sell Schurlle for chump change and dont look like doing the same for Bender. Sadly this had to come after the likes of Vidal, Khedira, Ozil, Kagawa and Sahin had left for peanuts....
We will see. Schalke certainly appear to be going down the right path with Draxler. Even if they don't sell him for 45 million euros I can see him going for £30m at least.

Not sure about Dortmund though. Gundogan is another one who seems like he is going on the cheap. Really even with a year left he should go for £25m in the summer, but I doubt he will.

supercrystal7 said:
Yes really it's terrible. You don't have to put a minimum release clause on a player to accept transfer bids from other clubs. If he was just a lowly Bundesliga 2 player then go and find someone else if he won't sign or make a gentleman's agreement.

Good management would have taken into account what happens if Sam becomes a success? Then the club look foolish as a German international leaves for 1.5 million. There is no defence for such poor management. Leverkusen lost out on a possible 8 million at least, which could have been used to pay wages for other players, fund new signings, be kept by the club or reinvested in some other area.

Not buying him would have meant missing out on a few years of quality service for peanuts in wages, how is that a better decision? How do you know that the next best player who might have agreed on a contract without a release clause would have become a comparable success? In the end, they got a lot of quality for the money they spent on him over his years at Leverkusen, sounds like a good deal to me. Maybe they could have done a better deal, maybe this was the best Sam agreed on after tough negotiations, we don't know and it really doesn't matter, because overall Leverkusen definitely benefited from the deal.

JollyGood said:
supercrystal7 said:

Good management would have taken into account what happens if Sam becomes a success? Then the club look foolish as a German international leaves for 1.5 million. There is no defence for such poor management. Leverkusen lost out on a possible 8 million at least, which could have been used to pay wages for other players, fund new signings, be kept by the club or reinvested in some other area.

Not buying him would have meant missing out on a few years of quality service for peanuts in wages, how is that a better decision? How do you know that the next best player who might have agreed on a contract without a release clause would have become a comparable success? In the end, they got a lot of quality for the money they spent on him over his years at Leverkusen, sounds like a good deal to me. Maybe they could have done a better deal, maybe this was the best Sam agreed on after tough negotiations, we don't know and it really doesn't matter, because overall Leverkusen definitely benefited from the deal.

If you don't think he will ever be worth more than 1.5 million then he is not worth buying if he insist n the clause. If you think he has potential, then it's better to slightly increase his wage or offer him a gentleman's agreement like I said should things go badly.

I am really surprised that anyone is even defending such a deal. It's probably a reason why clubs in Germany have continued to make such mistakes. No club can keep finding bargains on a regular basis. This is why for smaller clubs you need to accept that they will move on and sell them for a reasonable price so you can then shop at a higher level and have a better chance of finding quality replacements.

Very talented managers like Martinez can do it for a while, but eventually you cannot keep replacing players like Baines, Valencia or Moses (a club of Wigan's stature) and you fall back.

Played/GD/Points

Bayern 16 +34 44

Leverkusen 17 +16 37

M'Gladbach 17 +16 33

Dortmund 17 +18 32

So much for the competitive league in Germany. They're pretty much the SPL now.

Castiel said:
Played/GD/Points

Bayern 16 +34 44

Leverkusen 17 +16 37

M'Gladbach 17 +16 33

Dortmund 17 +18 32

So much for the competitive league in Germany. They're pretty much the SPL now.
It's one year, but you are right. The league is over and now the fight for the top four is the most interesting thing left.

Scary that Bayern have such a young team. The majority of their team are under 25 and still improving, they are signing Lewandwoski for free in the summer and so will have tons of money to spend on any player they see fit.

Dortmund are the only team, who can even think about challenging the, but they don't have the financial muscle or the status. Next summer they are going to become even weaker when Lewandowski and Gundogan leave. Realistically they would have to spend around 50 million pounds and spend the money well unlike this year to catch Bayern. I think their best policy would be to buy the best young German talent like Werner and Meyer, whilst getting experienced Bundesliga players like Klose and Rosicky on a free.

Schalke ruined their chance by keeping a terrible manager. Wolfsburg likely to take their place.

I don't think Dortmund are even capable of spending that much. Nobody in Germany is close to Bayern at the moment and when they get Lewandowski it'll all be a foregone conclusion domestically for the foreseeable future. It's a shame considering how good that league looked only a season ago.

Castiel said:
I don't think Dortmund are even capable of spending that much. Nobody in Germany is close to Bayern at the moment and when they get Lewandowski it'll all be a foregone conclusion domestically for the foreseeable future. It's a shame considering how good that league looked only a season ago.
I think even spending 20 million on a Lewandowski replacement might be beyond them. When you look at their weak financial position it really makes the decision not to sell Lewandowski, but instead reward him with a pay rise complete insanity.

I don't think people in Germany were aware of the potential the league had. Bayern as usual destroyed the competition and consequently destroyed the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.