Burglary in Sale / Brooklands

I bought a pAtlock for our French doors. Eased the mrs concerns a bit. It stop the handles from turning and opening from the outside. It wouldn’t be any use if they throw a brick through the window but most the recent burglary’s round ours have been overnight sneaking in for car keys.

Or buy a Lhasa apso, we have one great lap dog and the fuckers yap when anyone walks past the window but would alert you as soon as anyone was fiddling with a door or window they have great senses, first used by the Tibet monks to alert them to any intruders in Buddhist monasteries!
They are a really good Idea for french doors, as are locking bolts.

Anything that slows a criminal down, or means that they would have to make a racket to get in (like bricking the window) is a solid deterrent.

I've been burgled 3 times unfortunately and the last one was really bad. The wankers trashed the place looking for whatever they could find - they even took the side off the bath FFS, lifted the carpets, overturned furniture, ripped the bottom of lamps even!, emptied every single draw, went in the loft. They must have been there for hours.

The only thankful thing I guess is that we weren't in and no-one got hurt, but the Mrs came home and found the place like that and was absolutely unconsolable. We ended up having to move house and she still worries every time we go on holiday or away for a weekend, years later. So do I, tbh. For a few years, it really spoiled our holidays.

The people who do this are scum and it makes my blood boil when I hear the pitiful sentences being handed out, bearing in mind they've probably done it 50 times previously before even being caught.

I've been burgled 3 times unfortunately and the last one was really bad. The wankers trashed the place looking for whatever they could find - they even took the side off the bath FFS, lifted the carpets, overturned furniture, ripped the bottom of lamps even!, emptied every single draw, went in the loft. They must have been there for hours.

The only thankful thing I guess is that we weren't in and no-one got hurt, but the Mrs came home and found the place like that and was absolutely unconsolable. We ended up having to move house and she still worries every time we go on holiday or away for a weekend, years later. So do I, tbh. For a few years, it really spoiled our holidays.

The people who do this are scum and it makes my blood boil when I hear the pitiful sentences being handed out, bearing in mind they've probably done it 50 times previously before even being caught.

That sounds horrendous

My mate is a barrister, he was also burgled a few months ago, but he told be some stats - the Police solve 1 in 10 burglaries and the burglar will only get a custodial sentence after his/her 3rd offence. I'm no mathematician but that looks like a crook gets to commit 30 burglaries before they get sent to prison. It is a crime without punishment

That sounds horrendous

My mate is a barrister, he was also burgled a few months ago, but he told be some stats - the Police solve 1 in 10 burglaries and the burglar will only get a custodial sentence after his/her 3rd offence. I'm no mathematician but that looks like a crook gets to commit 30 burglaries before they get sent to prison. It is a crime without punishment
Yes, it is.

And yet if you or I - law abiding citizens - were to commit the most minor offence, then we'd get done for it immediately.

It feels like the system has decided that "criminals" need to do criminal activity, so if you are professional criminal, then you're allowed to do a certain amount and that's perfectly OK.

I bought a pAtlock for our French doors. Eased the mrs concerns a bit. It stop the handles from turning and opening from the outside. It wouldn’t be any use if they throw a brick through the window but most the recent burglary’s round ours have been overnight sneaking in for car keys.

Or buy a Lhasa apso, we have one great lap dog and the fuckers yap when anyone walks past the window but would alert you as soon as anyone was fiddling with a door or window they have great senses, first used by the Tibet monks to alert them to any intruders in Buddhist monasteries!

I have a lhasa apso. She's my best mate. And yes, I'm aware of anyone walking down my road. She weighs about 16 lbs but she thinks she weighs 160. Never forgets any dog in the neighbourhood that she feels has done her wrong.

Fucking hell that sounds horrific mate. I'm similar in that when I go away, my mind often wanders to the safety and security of my house, does put a dampener on the holidays :(

I've just been speaking to a mate who lives in this area. They had their house broken in to, ransacked and everything nabbed just before christmas. A number of similar recent incidents over the last few weeks on their road alone. Most seem to be business owners who have obviously been followed home. One couple were broken in to whilst they were having sunday lunch by a gang of lads that simply smashed the back doors in (ahem...) The wife was taken upstairs whilst demands for the safe etc were made... My chap reported it on a saturday morning and received an email from the police by mid afternoon saying the case was closed... their insurers are wriggling to get out of any payments and they've had to take out a loan to buy new kit and pay staff over christmas/new year...
Little wankers...(not my freinds, they're really quite nice...)

Yes, it is.

And yet if you or I - law abiding citizens - were to commit the most minor offence, then we'd get done for it immediately.

It feels like the system has decided that "criminals" need to do criminal activity, so if you are professional criminal, then you're allowed to do a certain amount and that's perfectly OK.

It's not that mate, it's simply to do with money. This country is becoming just like America. Every single decision is based on the bottom line. From the governments perspective insurance covers burglary costs. And it's too expensive for police to investigate even when there's significant evidence. It's depressing.

It's not that mate, it's simply to do with money. This country is becoming just like America. Every single decision is based on the bottom line. From the governments perspective insurance covers burglary costs. And it's too expensive for police to investigate even when there's significant evidence. It's depressing.

It is absolutely down to money and the Government should be held to account the health service and police and fire services have been torn apart
However if there is significant evidence it will be pursued without a doubt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.