Burglary in Sale / Brooklands

Just driving home today along the main route into town, some dozy sod has the box for his new 50” HD smart TV out for the bin men to collect. Clearly never lived on a council estate.

Some **** has broken in the house this morning. As it turns out, I must have disturbed them - Mrs He’d went out at 10 and I got in at 10:15 to let the tiler in and the back door had been broken

20 coppers on Shaftbury Avenue pulling vans, wagons and workmen over for HMRC, I with they’d concert on real criminals.

Anyway, they did her anything thank goodness. We’ve got speakers and an envelope of cash for a tiler which they could have had away pretty easily so they literally must have heard me and fucked straight off

So, anyone in the area, keep your eyes out in case they are still hanging around. I wish a burglary on anyone. The Old Bill don’t want to know and I’ve got a day of locksmiths, alarm fitters and general uneasy

Utter wankstains some of our coppers mate.

It's not that mate, it's simply to do with money. This country is becoming just like America. Every single decision is based on the bottom line. From the governments perspective insurance covers burglary costs. And it's too expensive for police to investigate even when there's significant evidence. It's depressing.
It's been going on for a long time though. My first burglary was in the 1980's and then at least some coppers turned up and dusted for prints and make it look like they were taking it seriously. The second time, circa 1987, they didn't even bother turning up. It was all done over the phone and they honestly had the bared faced cheek to tell me where I'd probably find my nicked stuff being sold, if I had time to go and have a look in the relevant shop windows, but that they didn't have the manpower to do that, so case closed from their perspective.

They break off the lock surround then snap the lock with mole grips. You need these https://www.multipointlocks.co.uk/cylinders/high-security-cylinders/brisant-ultion-cylinder.html
FYI, based on reading that, I went ahead yesterday and bought one of these.

Unfortunately not long after ordering it, I found out that these locks are ludicrously easy to pick! :-(

So I'll be returning it when it arrives today (too late to cancel the delivery, sadly). There's other options which are cheaper, offer just as much anti-snap protection and are much more difficult to pick. e.g. the Avocet ABS range.

Shame - I really liked the look of the Ultion - and to be fair, I am not sure many burglars do try to pick locks, but the idea of having a lock which can be picked open in around 1 minute is hardly inspiring!

Unfortunately not long after ordering it, I found out that these locks are ludicrously easy to pick! :-(

So I'll be returning it when it arrives today (too late to cancel the delivery, sadly). There's other options which are cheaper, offer just as much anti-snap protection and are much more difficult to pick. e.g. the Avocet ABS range.

Shame - I really liked the look of the Ultion - and to be fair, I am not sure many burglars do try to pick locks, but the idea of having a lock which can be picked open in around 1 minute is hardly inspiring!

Standards are definately slipping, what ever happened to the old school burglar who took pride in his vocation.

Its every ones worst nightmare. We moved out in to the country about 3 years ago. I was buying some land off a neighbour and he told me our place had been done 3 times previously. Admittedly the previous owners also had a place in Spain and America so were never here. So we have had chain link fencing installed at the back where there is a field, then covered the fence with Laurel bushes so you cannot see it. In addition there are 14 outside cameras , 5 inside ones and a monitored alarm system When we go away we get pictures from the cameras on to our phones and i pad. so I can check it over night or day. I purposely leave a £20 quid note on a side table with a hidden camera focused on it. If someone had been in the £20 quid would have disappeared so we get comfort just checking its still there. We always leave a tatty car on the drive and both of us work from home so there is always someone there in the day. Inside lights are left on in the evening and all outside lights about 20 of them also have light sensors on them. We also have special sensors that sets off an internal alarm , if anything over 3ft tall walks across the front or back gardens However with it being a bungalow we still do feel vulnerable. We have to be so careful we don't leave any windows open. Burglary to me is as bad as it gets. Perhaps if they moved some of the plod from standing around doing nothing at the football to solving crime it would help. Heard on PMQ's today that plod numbers for GMP had been reduced from over 10000 to just over 6000. Who says crime does not pay with so little chance of getting caught.

Its every ones worst nightmare. We moved out in to the country about 3 years ago. I was buying some land off a neighbour and he told me our place had been done 3 times previously. Admittedly the previous owners also had a place in Spain and America so were never here. So we have had chain link fencing installed at the back where there is a field, then covered the fence with Laurel bushes so you cannot see it. In addition there are 14 outside cameras , 5 inside ones and a monitored alarm system When we go away we get pictures from the cameras on to our phones and i pad. so I can check it over night or day. I purposely leave a £20 quid note on a side table with a hidden camera focused on it. If someone had been in the £20 quid would have disappeared so we get comfort just checking its still there. We always leave a tatty car on the drive and both of us work from home so there is always someone there in the day. Inside lights are left on in the evening and all outside lights about 20 of them also have light sensors on them. We also have special sensors that sets off an internal alarm , if anything over 3ft tall walks across the front or back gardens However with it being a bungalow we still do feel vulnerable. We have to be so careful we don't leave any windows open. Burglary to me is as bad as it gets. Perhaps if they moved some of the plod from standing around doing nothing at the football to solving crime it would help. Heard on PMQ's today that plod numbers for GMP had been reduced from over 10000 to just over 6000. Who says crime does not pay with so little chance of getting caught.
Have you ever considered digging a moat and installing a portcullis?

vddez6.jpg

Theres not a lock around that can't be picked, and the Avocet is no different.
Your bog standard theiving twat snaps the lock. Ultion have a nifty little deadlock that will jam shut if the lock is snapped, so it can't be removed from the door. Also guaranteed against snapping for £2k.

I can cut you a key for the Avocet for £2.50. The Ultion will be £15.

Keep the Ultions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.