Burnley (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Wrong day to criticise Gvardiol’s pacing as slack: made a lot of passes and had a pass completion of 96.1%, which was the best of the starting XI. The kid’s a baller.
Did you see those stats on screen, as I did? All City’s back line had really high number of passes and successful completions. In a game like that with so much easy possession there were so many sideway and backwards passes that I don’t read too much into that really. It’s when he tries to make progressive passes that I think his weakness shows (but I accept I am talking about relative weakness here, compared to the sky-high standards of those around him).

But really his lack of pace and his lack of physicality are bigger concerns for me, regardless of whether he’s playing left back or centre back, as some seem to prefer.

Training match really. Felt we never really got out of second gear, but we didn’t need to.

I thought we looked pretty toothless upfront when Kev the king went off. I also think Gvardiol looks worse at FB every time I see him play….really hope we move him to CB before we completely ruin the lad, not a FB in a million years.

Anyway, onwards blues….these skanky scousers will drop a few point before Feb is done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.