Burnley (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

IMG-20240131-WA0015.jpg

I'll let us off conceding a late goal, but only because it's Vinny!

We've coped without him for most of the season, but tonight King Kev showed EXACTLY what he brings to City & what we're missing without him. What a pass for Julian's second!

KDB's vision & one touch football is unparalleled in world football & now he's deservedly bearing down on Fabregas for the second most assists in PL history, in far far fewer games.

Happy 24th birthday to Julian! I'm seriously made up for him scoring two superb goals & holding his own in Haaland's absence.

Nunes gave a far better showing tonight, & he supplied a brilliant cross for Julian's first. He made several dangerous driving runs, but just seems to lack that extra special something to create opportunities when he reaches his destination, as we've come to expect from our midfielders.

It was good to see John making his return. He looked a little rusty, but he's back at the time of the season where he'll get enough game time to play himself into form.

Doku had a far better game today, & you can visibly see he put in a lot more all round effort, & contributed far more toward our defensive display.

Foden & Rodders kept things ticking over beautifully, & what a quick fire second half goal from the big fella! It was reminiscent of his Champions League winner.

It was great to see the return of the Viking who looked effervescent & desperate to score. Hopefully Pep will keep his crease quiet so he can ease himself back in & not pick-up a secondary injury as he gets up to speed.

Burnley came & tried to play us, instead of playing for points. It'll probably get Vinny's lot relegated, but at least he'll go down playing football the right way. If Burnley's owners stick with him & allow him to develop their squad, they'll be better off for it in the long run.

Fofana looked VERY good for Burnley. He was only on for a short time, but he made me sit up & take notice. It didn't surprise me that he provided the assist for their consolation goal.

We did what we needed to do & barely got out of second gear to be honest, but we can only play what's in front of us.

Roll on Brentford who I imagine will give us a far stiffer test.

Other teams have to step up though mate.
They always do against us.
Dont think others have stepped up against us much.Our defence and finishing have cost us huge amount of points rather than others playing well.most of the teams are crap against us.

Played well. No injuries. Impressive stuff. Business end of the season. The fact that we're in it still is just fucking brilliant.

Never had to get out of 1st gear, we knew it, they knew it and their fans knew it.
Bit sloppy and not sharp enough with the killer ball tonght or that could have been a right royal bumming.

I'm going to say we deliberately took it easy on Vinny!

Next, on to Brentford and we owe Mr Frank and big Ivan a doing for last season.

Other teams have to step up though mate.
They always do against us.
The poorer teams often play well against the better teams.
liverpool and arsenal have often lost games that I thought they would win easily.
When arsenal started losing a few games in a row it was bottling.
Liverpool only drew with Luton and Crystanbul will never be forgotten
Some of the games we lost or drew this season we played poorly enough.

The poorer teams often play well against the better teams.
liverpool and arsenal have often lost games that I thought they would win easily.
When arsenal started losing a few games in a row it was bottling.
Liverpool only drew with Luton and Crystanbul will never be forgotten
Some of the games we lost or drew this season we played poorly enough.
I know the poorer teams play well against the better teams mate.
But they give up far sooner in 90 minutes against the red tops then they do against us.
I've no doubt we are the biggest scalp but other teams need to show the same integrity.
Chelsea right now is the case in point.
Chelsea would play to the final whistle against us..
Totally give up against the dippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.