Burnley Vs City Post Match Thread

Some positive things from the match:

We saw a club-grown player good enough for us (Trippier. Personally, would love him to return at City)

It is one of Fernandinho's best performances (if not the best) for City

Now I can smile and watch in the eyes of the idiots who's been backing Pellers for last 1,5 years and hasn't noticed his obvious mistakes and silly decisions

The players migh have been resting and saved power for barca

CITY FOR LIFE said:
blueman68 said:
Don't think players downed tools more likely that Wednesday playing on minds. Had a don't want to get hamstring injury type of non commitment. maybe under instruction? Could it be that 2nd in league was already accepted by club and Wednesday top priority.
Is that a serous quote, why worry about Weds we are not on the same playing field, today was about not giving a fuck.

Hehe. It's like saying you got fired from your job because you were distracted due to the fact that you played the lottery and were thinking about winning.

Its disgraceful that time and time again we allow ourselves to get mugged paying way over the odds for average players. The body language from the players was terrible and if I was the sheik Id be in that dressing room giving them a right earful. Cant see any positives for the remainder of the season. Barca are going to rip us to pieces and we'll be left with fighting to stay in the top 4.

CelesteItis said:
Fernandinho our man of the match today. We needed a couple of him to cover for Yaya's sloth and Vinnie's freak outs.

But last time he was shite.

I wonder if our midfielders take turns of shiteness
The thing is Manuel will rotate him. I wouldn't be suprised to see him dropped at Barca.

I don't mind losing if I see City playing with pride in battle, and playing with desperation and passion.

The players went through the motions tonight. I feel sorry for the travelling fans.

Pellegrini will be held accountable, but there are a few players out there who let him down badly.

I don't know what is going on with Yaya. He barely got out of a trot.

There are some EDS players who would have done far better than some of that lot tonight.

43 years I've supported City, since I was 8. Been there through all the crap times, the rollercoaster rides of relegations and promotions. I've laughed and I've cried, had season tickets at Maine Road travelling up from London and thoroughly enjoyed our recent glories. I still feel absolutely gutted when we lose; it ruins the weekend completely. It never gets an easier, ever. I love this club so much; they've been a massive part of my life and always will be. I feel hollow tonight, totally empty. Unless Chelsea totally capitulate, we're going home without a title and it seems we've got a massive job on to stay in the top 4, let alone qualify for the Champion's League. So much possession, not taking chances, indifferent performances and collective apathy on the pitch. I accept the title race is over. Let's concentrate on consolidating second place and making the changes necessary, whatever they may be, during the Summer.

Bony should have been given a full game from the off as most predicted at the time instead of bringing him on in pressure situations late on. Constant tinkering with the team and the apparent lack of motivation from the players has f@cked us. Mayb the two go hand in hand

I'm pissed, the team is shite . I hope the rags are 5th. Its the best we can hope for.

They get paid for that ? Really,I mean fucking really,spineless bunch of c**ts,and as for the manager he needs fucking off NOW,get someone in and maybe we can get the dead cat bounce and hold on to 2nd place,otherwise it's 4th for this abject failure of a season.

Anyone remember the performance against Spurs in Mancini's last season (Dzeko's performance that day was worse than any Lee Badbuy performance)? This wasn't -quite- as disgustingly pathetic but not far off.

There is a clear problem with the mentality of this set of players that is unbecoming of an elite football team. You see every team have bad patches but City have this mental weakness that sees too many days like this even in the seasons we're successful.

i♥city! said:
Well that's that. Time to look ahead , so what happens IF we miraculously defeat Barca on Tuesday? Would Pellers sins be forgiven?

Of course...he would be the best thing since sliced bread then.

What if we had beaten Burnley 5-0?

Football fans are fickle, always have been, always will be.

We will have a new manager in place in the Summer.

Fair play to Burnley, they are a good Lancashire small town club, and deserve to stay up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.