Burnley Vs City Post Match Thread

blueplan said:
Bentheblue said:
Most of our games are lost by the odd goal and we have also drawn a few.
Very small margins determine many results.
Just 3 goals from corners in three of our drawn games would have produced 6 points and we would still be talking about winning the league.
But hey, why bother with minor details.
I wonder what PSG's take is on corners!!

Something Stinks.

We outplayed, outhustled, outpossessed, outshot, outrun (2nd in distance covered for a PL team) !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ealed-the-Premier-Leagues-fittest-player.html

So we can't blame the tactics, the efforts of most of the players or the Manager.

Why the 'odd goal' that we can't stop or prevent?'

Every shot (rare and limited) that is on target by our opponent we end up dreading with a sense of deja vu.

wow, that is very suprising !

Goater=Legend said:
CAE7CJeWUAAmIbe.jpg:large

This picture just highlights the problem we have.

How on earth can you have a midfield two who BOTH run to the ball in either an advanced position or covering on the wing, which just leads to a space in the centre of midfield for someone to run into.

How can Burnley (who play a midfield two btw) manage to suss out the problem AND STILL have one of their players running through.

It'd been happening all season and the defence is just left to try and sort it out, you would of thought after the shambles at Anfield with Coutinho having the freedom of Liverpool and Mascherano and Pique just running through as if nobodies around, someone would of highlighted this and sorted it out.

The problem with this team atm what pisses me off is the fact it doesn't look like they work on the mistakes in training trying to rectify the problem, it's like they've got in watched the video of the past game before training (whether they watch it or not who knows) and then just carry on with the same training methods that clearly don't work and just dismiss everything that happened.

That space is exactly where De Jong/Garcia would be - and presumably where Fernando should be. Yet he persists with 2 up top instead.

The worry for me is the lack of perceived effort, slow and inaccurate passing and the lack of ideas recently. No idea what he can do other than change to 1 up top. Very concerned for the top 4 and I am not knee jerking here, we have been bang average for a long time now

quiet_riot said:
Goater=Legend said:
CAE7CJeWUAAmIbe.jpg:large

This picture just highlights the problem we have.

How on earth can you have a midfield two who BOTH run to the ball in either an advanced position or covering on the wing, which just leads to a space in the centre of midfield for someone to run into.

How can Burnley (who play a midfield two btw) manage to suss out the problem AND STILL have one of their players running through.

It'd been happening all season and the defence is just left to try and sort it out, you would of thought after the shambles at Anfield with Coutinho having the freedom of Liverpool and Mascherano and Pique just running through as if nobodies around, someone would of highlighted this and sorted it out.

The problem with this team atm what pisses me off is the fact it doesn't look like they work on the mistakes in training trying to rectify the problem, it's like they've got in watched the video of the past game before training (whether they watch it or not who knows) and then just carry on with the same training methods that clearly don't work and just dismiss everything that happened.

That space is exactly where De Jong/Garcia would be - and presumably where Fernando should be. Yet he persists with 2 up top instead.

No the space is there because of the tactics of pressing play! Our players were pressing but a side step either Side of one of our players then that's when you get that space! Happened to Spurs yesterday there midfield was pressing and it was a ball over the top to bogbrush or down the line to Young! If all players don't do the pressing at the right time that's what happens it's so easy to counteract and quite a few managers now are setting up to counteract it..

With the exception of the Barca and Bayern games, I'm pretty sure you'll find that you'll find that in every single game we've lost this season we've marginally or largely dominated possession (as I remember the BBC stats, that was even the case for the Liverpool game, surprisingly) and had more corners (an index of possession) than the opposition. What is now glaringly visible is that our possession is sterile. In the last third of the pitch we're not getting through. Opposing sides are happy to concede possession. The weaker sides have got us sussed. We've got to change pace, we've got to press much harder, and we've got to rethink tactics completely, because this will just go on next season, otherwise.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
With the exception of the Barca and Bayern games, I'm pretty sure you'll find that you'll find that in every single game we've lost this season we've marginally or largely dominated possession (as I remember the BBC stats, that was even the case for the Liverpool game, surprisingly) and had more corners (an index of possession) than the opposition. What is now glaringly visible is that our possession is sterile. In the last third of the pitch we're not getting through. Opposing sides are happy to concede possession. The weaker sides have got us sussed. We've got to change pace, we've got to press much harder, and we've got to rethink tactics completely, because this will just go on next season, otherwise.

Our "pressing" doesn't really exist as such, we do a very poor impersonation of a pressing team. As a result we allow the opposition space to counter time and again.

71% possession and we lost. And we didn't score.

Has there ever been a team which is so poor at turning possession into points and goals as City's current one?

Do City actually have goalposts set up on their training pitches or do they just have training matches between 2 teams with the winner decided on possession?

Damocles said:
LoveCity said:
Because there is very little care and attention to details and tactics now with City.

There's entire departments that pay care and attention to details and tactics at City.

And nobody at all on here with the qualification or experience to judge their effectiveness. What you mean, like exactly what everybody means when they criticise tactics, is that our form isn't very good.
Id be embarrassed if I was in charge of tactics and in game detail at City.
Throw ins, wherever they're deep in our own half, around half way or deep in the opposition half are a joke. We pick the ball up, hold onto it long enough for whoever we're playing to get themselves set up defensively then a half hearted punt up the line which gifts the ball away. It happens time and time again. We are so static, no movement, no arching runs, just 3/4 players standing around with their hands on their hips.

Corners, less said the better as there's currently a 60+ page thread discussing them.

Set pieces, both attacking and defending are poor, there doesn't look like any cohesion between the players, often coming across as if they're making it up on the spot - Unless it's in YaYa range when I at least shift a couple of inches off my seat. All other times I fully expect us to have lost possesion within a minute or so.

if there are indeed entire departments who deal with this kind of thing they are stealing a living.
Saying we can't judge them because we don't have the qualifications is a nonsense. Never has the phrase "Football is a simple game made complicated by idiots" been more apt.

Damocles said:
LoveCity said:
Because there is very little care and attention to details and tactics now with City.

There's entire departments that pay care and attention to details and tactics at City.

And nobody at all on here with the qualification or experience to judge their effectiveness. What you mean, like exactly what everybody means when they criticise tactics, is that our form isn't very good.

Must be great working for those departments.

"Pass it about a bit and hope one of our forwards does something"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.