By-Elections

All of the 10 most stable states in the world (according to the fragile state index) and the vast majority of other strong performers use some form of PR. So it really shouldn't be an issue but as you say it'll be attacked like crazy because it's an existential threat to the Tories and whilst they are shit at everything else they (or their backers) know how to campaign and have a loaded media dice at their disposal. The more fundamental issue is I don't see Labour changing its tune on this at the moment.
That’s why the parties should continue to dead bat all questions on their non-aggression pact and have the flimsiest of manifestos at the next General Election. They don’t need to mention changing the voting system and can do that if they need to share power.

The best thing starmer can do is keep out of the limelight this morning . It's not his win and people don't need reminding he's the alternative.

I suspect he will not be seen that much apart from at pre-arranged gatherings.

He pretty much had to turn up early to raise the arm of his candidate, thank those that need thanking, but I agree he should then move on to whatever else he's got planned.

I suspect he will not be seen that much apart from at pre-arranged gatherings.

He pretty much had to turn up early to raise the arm of his candidate, thank those that need thanking, but I agree he should then move on to whatever else he's got planned.
I've just been watching mick lynch talking about the tory corruption, he hits the nail in the head so much more than kier.

Nope, you've lost me.

There was a 30% swing to the LDs in Honiton hence the jubilation. The win in Wakefield, although by a huge 12% swing, was not on the same scale as Honiton and was largely expected.

The Wakefield margin isn't bad either - the mid 2010 elections only saw majorities of about 2000 - it's not somewhere that expects a huge majority (1997 it was, but that was the only time with over 10k margin).

Perhaps, but as I’ve pointed out before, the people that are in the Cabinet would not be where they are without him and they know it, which is why there will be no stalking horse from there. There isn’t one that you could point to and say they are leadership material and could galvanise the party, and there are too many MPs on the right to allow a Centrist or Wet to lead. You’re stuck with them until the English electorate decides otherwise.

It's a game of chess. They will not care that they are there because of Boris. Their loyalty is simply because there's no benefit in speaking against him at the moment. It will force them to the backbenches in a reshuffle. They need to wait until the majority show discontent and then make their move. Someone will be brave/stupid and go first and then someone else will quietly rally support and challenge them and then all the games and infighting will begin. But the electorate need to remember that anyone currently aligned with Boris is just as bad as he is. I would never vote for the Tories anyway, but I hope voters out there recognise that they're all as bad as each other and only those brave enough to resign are worthy of leading the party/country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.