Can we cut Edin a break?

royle said:
FantasyIreland said:
i can't help thinking had that been RVP presented with some of his opportunities.......

But he only had two real opportunities,one was a goal and the other,a scuffed shot, lead to a goal,the only other shot i remember from him was a long range effort.

Not a dig but were you at the game?

He had a few opportunities around the box that should have led to chances/shots but ultimately he miscontrolled them,he should also be creating more as Tevez and Aguero invariably do when things aren't laid on a plate.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
royle said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Made my views quite clear on Dzeko. Sick of people saying he is great blah blah blah. He has scored 2 goals this season which any body could have scored. He just is not good enough however I will always give my support whilst he is wearing the blue.

Anybody has to be in the position to score those goals,Edins positional sense is excellent which is why he is always in the right place at the right time.

Positional sense??? Next game,just watch the difference between him and Tevez. Work rate,touch. Tevez drags 2-3 players away from him creating space. Edin just does not do that. I hope we sign Falcao in Jan or next summer...

Would love Falcao,but no way we could accomodate him,Tevez and Aguero in the team at the same time and keep them happy,even Real couldn't do that.
If Tevez went at the end of the season would be great replacement but that's the only way can see it happening.

I think Dzeko's real problem is that he didn't fuck off to Argentina for six months to play golf and piss all over our team last year. I think if he had, everyone would love him.

royle said:
FantasyIreland said:
i can't help thinking had that been RVP presented with some of his opportunities.......

But he only had two real opportunities,one was a goal and the other,a scuffed shot, lead to a goal,the only other shot i remember from him was a long range effort.

That is not true.

Hi, first post here after lurking for years (fan for years honest. I was at the Gillingham play off final)

This issue has really got me confused though and prompted me to post. When Dzeko first came here there was that massive thread where everybody seemed to really love him. Slowly over the next year it's degenerated to the point where certain people are hypercritical to the point even after a decent game. This was in the period where he was having 5-10 minute cameos at the end of games. Admittedly he can have the first touch of a rapist, and blast shots wide but I've seen Aguero miss sitter after sitter as well and he never gets criticised (rightly). Dzeko is clearly a class player and without him we wouldn't be champions - the only thing I can think is people are spoilt rotten with the situation city are in now. It's ridiculous really all these comments in the vain of 'not good enough, get rid now'. What the hell are people on about i just don't understand.

Yes I'll admit I love Dzeko - I can't help it. He reminds me of a really good Goater. And then Goat is my all time favourite city player - I remember how everyone slagged him and how he turned that round to become a legend.

The main person who is cutting Edin a break is Mancini and thats all that matters.

Džeko had an all round good game yesterday. He made mistakes and isn't playing with confidence. But the biggest noises in the ground apart from the goals came when Edin miscontrolled it, which is a fucking joke for me.

Support? Yeah right! People can't wait to slate him.

Vincent hasn't played well yet this season and the way he showed Johnson inside for QPR's goal was school boy stuff, yet there weren't people slamming their seats down to make a big banging noise ("look at me i can make a loud noise at the footy") and shouting "that's fucking shit Kompany" like they do when Edin merely miscontrols the ball or stands off-side.

Get behind him for fuck's sake!

JTDL said:
Hi, first post here after lurking for years (fan for years honest. I was at the Gillingham play off final)

This issue has really got me confused though and prompted me to post. When Dzeko first came here there was that massive thread where everybody seemed to really love him. Slowly over the next year it's degenerated to the point where certain people are hypercritical to the point even after a decent game. This was in the period where he was having 5-10 minute cameos at the end of games. Admittedly he can have the first touch of a rapist, and blast shots wide but I've seen Aguero miss sitter after sitter as well and he never gets criticised (rightly). Dzeko is clearly a class player and without him we wouldn't be champions - the only thing I can think is people are spoilt rotten with the situation city are in now. It's ridiculous really all these comments in the vain of 'not good enough, get rid now'. What the hell are people on about i just don't understand.

Yes I'll admit I love Dzeko - I can't help it. He reminds me of a really good Goater. And then Goat is my all time favourite city player - I remember how everyone slagged him and how he turned that round to become a legend.
Good to have someone new.And being correct makes it even better.

With Edin its all about confidence! I actually think hes a class player. When hes good hes very very good but when hes bad.... but no one can argue with his goal ratio! im delighted he started instead of Mario yesterday and he justified his place in the team.

I wonder for how many years people will be using the 4 goals away at Tottenham as a reference point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.