Can we cut Edin a break?

he wasnt great today, but then again we are judging him technically alongside the likes of tevez, silva and nasri, but still some of his decisions baffle me. Needs to work harder in my opinion as well, off the ball particularly, in and out of possession

CITYROBBO said:
Dont rate him at all, he cant jump is lazy for most of game looks uninterested [flash=][/flash]and his control dont get me started.. he is the weak link upfront. Mario should always start ahead of dzeko[flash=][/flash] for me!!

So Edin looks uninterested and Mario doesnt?

Both are different types of forwards, both bring different skills and attributes, but I would say that at this stage of their careers, Edin is the better goalscorer.

Balti said:
cyprustavern said:
would be on the team before mario..my team i mean

better partner for Tevez

just better for the team...mario is a baby still.well paid baby though and talented but a baby all the same

sergio and carlos is best ..then edin

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Disagree. Given the choice, I'd play Mario over Dzeko. Anything Dzeko can do, Mario can do (and more).
Chose the wrong username there, dude.

It's the bane of my life, didn't anticipate the influx of Edin fanboys when we signed him.
I don't think anyone could have anticipated that, at the time. I chose mine the day after the semi-final. I think I chose well ;)

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
pudge said:
Some people rate him, some people don't.

When he's on the pitch he gets everyone's full support.

Why do people have to create so many threads about him?

He obviously spilts opinion but we are asking him to do things which he is not capable of. He cannot play with his back to the goal against a commanding centre half, he cannot run the channels effectively BUT he is a goalscorer and he is scoring goals when we are asking him to do the things that are not his strengths. Make him the focus of the attack when he plays and he will score a lot of goals. Mancini seems reluctant to do this and expects him to fit into a system that does not agree with him. A little more flexibility from the management would help Dzeko enormously. I dont think that will happen and he will be shipped out at the earliest opportunity.

The earliest opportunity was June 2011 and he's still here.

And I'd be absolutely furious if we built a team around Dzeko when we have Silva, Nasri, Tevez and Aguero.

You know that Dzeko is a professional football reputed to be a world class one at that? Why can't HE adapt to us?

World class? lol...I'm sorry but that's probably the biggest problem on here..and i've read this place for a long time. Most people have these unrealistic expectations and think he can have this amazing aerial ability coupled with great ground game as well. He's a good striker imo as he has more good things than bad but he's not world class.

i was born on thornton rd season (north stand) maine rd ticket from age 7 blame my grandad..behind the kippax drank at the parkside know all / most of the heads...so i aint gonna comment bad on my team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.