can we see some youth please

mosssideblue said:
For a youngster to come and and prove he is good enough, it has to be when we are either drawing or losing. Bringing them on for a cameo when were romping a game will prove nothing of their ability to grind a result out.

I cannot ever see this happen though, so as indicated earlier, they will have to go out on loan and get some proper experience against professionals, not other youngsters.

I agree entirely.

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Like Nastasic? When he was given the cold shoulder and never played but flogged to Schalke?

Or Jovetic now? When he's not even getting in the matchday squad?

Sinclair's cameo was in no way a means to sell him; not in any way, shape or form. The club are able to flog players like Nastasic, Rodwell and Richards despite zero game time. How in the name of fuck is 7 minutes going to convince Villa "Yep, get him signed".

[bigimg]http://media.giphy.com/media/Ve9pOjJRxkW2c/giphy.gif[/bigimg]

Damocles drop it.
I doubt he would take kindly to your assumption we're one and the same

If you aren't him then what is your problem with me?

This thread seem a bit vague and pointless, unless we've signed a new player called "Some Youth". There seems to be a lot of theoretical arguaments about the benefits of playing "some youth", along with posturing that young players from other clubs wouldn't get any game time for us, but to me it all seems a bit irrelevant without talking about the specific players instead of this vague "play someone young" thing.

When you get to the specifics, there really aren't a whole lot of even decent candidates for game time, yet alone any obvious candidates. Our best candidates are all out on loan, leaving mainly very young, not yet physically developed players, most of whom aren't anywhere near ready. For me, there aren't a whole lot of obvious options. Barker would probably be the closest, but he's not been at his best in the second half of the season, so do you really want to throw in a player when they aren't at their best? Maybe he's tired after a long hard season, I don't know, but he hasn't looked as dominant as he was earlier in the year.

Angelino and Maffeo look like real prospects, but Angelino is still a work in progress defensively, while Maffeo has never even played RB above U18 level as he's been playing CB for the EDS (where he obviously can't play for the first team, given that he's a midget). I wouldn't really want to throw a young defender into our already shaky defence anyway, it doesn't strike me as a particular helpful environment at the moment.

Ambrose could have been useful, but has been struggling to get fit for any stretch of time since injuring himself and I believe he's now out for the season? Pozo has now pretty much had his confidence destroyed by his first team outings, so I'm not really sure he should be anywhere near the squad at the moment untill he can regain his confidence (which is also a good example of the potential harm of throwing players in before they are ready, although playing him out of position didn't help)

Midfield wise, it's hard to say any of them look ready for consideration.

That's just my opinion though, I'm sure people who watch them more might have more insight into the individuals who could be ready to gain something useful from a chance in the first team.

BigOscar said:
This thread seem a bit vague and pointless, unless we've signed a new player called "Some Youth". There seems to be a lot of theoretical arguaments about the benefits of playing "some youth", along with posturing that young players from other clubs wouldn't get any game time for us, but to me it all seems a bit irrelevant without talking about the specific players instead of this vague "play someone young" thing.

When you get to the specifics, there really aren't a whole lot of even decent candidates for game time, yet alone any obvious candidates. Our best candidates are all out on loan, leaving mainly very young, not yet physically developed players, most of whom aren't anywhere near ready. For me, there aren't a whole lot of obvious options. Barker would probably be the closest, but he's not been at his best in the second half of the season, so do you really want to throw in a player when they aren't at their best? Maybe he's tired after a long hard season, I don't know, but he hasn't looked as dominant as he was earlier in the year.

Angelino and Maffeo look like real prospects, but Angelino is still a work in progress defensively, while Maffeo has never even played RB above U18 level as he's been playing CB for the EDS (where he obviously can't play for the first team, given that he's a midget). I wouldn't really want to throw a young defender into our already shaky defence anyway, it doesn't strike me as a particular helpful environment at the moment.

Ambrose could have been useful, but has been struggling to get fit for any stretch of time since injuring himself and I believe he's now out for the season? Pozo has now pretty much had his confidence destroyed by his first team outings, so I'm not really sure he should be anywhere near the squad at the moment untill he can regain his confidence (which is also a good example of the potential harm of throwing players in before they are ready, although playing him out of position didn't help)

Midfield wise, it's hard to say any of them look ready for consideration.

That's just my opinion though, I'm sure people who watch them more might have more insight into the individuals who could be ready to gain something useful from a chance in the first team.

A well reasoned post. I think a lot of those who are for starting youth are basing it on ability whilst playing amongst other youths. Put a young lad on and ask him to take care of Costa or A&E is a totally different ball game (excuse pun)

bellsouth said:
So, again serious question, if you could sit down for a chat with Vieira, you think he would honestly say that none of his EDS squad are good enough to play for the first team?

Vieira would say a lot of them

how many of the united players like brown o'shea make it into the starting line they are not world beaters but when in a team of world class players they look the part and can fill a hole yes we knocked them but its a great way of keeping the squad fresh

are we that daft to believe the manager that's there nothing coming he is working the chairman into buying big money players and make his job easy but it can also backfire and lazy players are just going to get him the sack if he can not move them on

there is players ready for first team football in the youth setup they are not world class but have a heart of a lion and would die for the club run all day and make the so called superstars players look daft maybe that why there are not in the first team

This thread is brilliant...

2rc0oif.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.