can we see some youth please

Aston Villa were interested in signing Sinclair on loan and the Palace game was one of a few occasions where we could give him some minutes to speed up that transfer.

Ray78 said:
Aston Villa were interested in signing Sinclair on loan and the Palace game was one of a few occasions where we could give him some minutes to speed up that transfer.
How did giving him 7 minutes of playing time speed up a transfer that happened 3 days before the deadline?

I'm still at a loss as to the relevance of that HG spot reference.

It's fine arguing whether Ambrose or Pozo should have got 10 minutes here and there and I'd probably say they should. That said in the big scheme of things it makes no difference to their development. Very few if any young players will be good enough to go straight into our fist team and get enough playing time to develop or prove themselves.
They will all have to go from the EDS out on loan.
They or the club won't learn a lot from 10 minutes when we are 3_0 up or from a couple of league cup games, their time is better spent playing with the EDS or out on loan. Use Rosler talking before last weeks final said the gap from youth team to first team was too big for clubs like us and Chelsea and a way needed to be found for them to bridge that gap.

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
How did giving him 7 minutes of playing time speed up a transfer that happened 3 days before the deadline?

We signed Sinclair to meet the 2012/13 HG quota rules. We had to find an effective way to get him off our books.

Damocles said:
bellsouth said:
So, again serious question, if you could sit down for a chat with Vieira, you think he would honestly say that none of his EDS squad are good enough to play for the first team?

No, mainly because some of them ARE good enough for our squad.

Our squad this season includes Dedryck Boyata, Richard Wright, Scott Sinclair, and John Guidetti as part of our registered 25.

Last season I seem to think we even put Alex Nimley in there.

The idea that "there's no room" or that "they aren't good enough to replace members of the current squad" is asinine.

I think he would say a couple will be good enough but they are not ready yet and would benefit from a season out on loan! I think you will see that next season with denyer and lopes! I really like the look of garcia I think a season out on loan at a top championship side that plays good football would have him spot on for coming back to us the season after a getting ready to be silva's successor! But he's the only 1 I can really see at the moment breaking through with possibly cellina and pozo!

ancoats said:
johnnytapia said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
How in any way would playing someone like barker for ten minutes at the end of game we are winning 3-0 fuck up the season hahaha

right then no young player will ever be good enough, we may swell scrap the academy now. No one including me has said anywhere in any posts lets risk the premier league or the fa cup just so we can play a youngster, but maybe we could put one on the bench of play just one in a cup game.

We get luton in the cup play a full strength side and bring on angelino for twenty minutes, wheres the risk in that.

Okay, one last time: they are not good enough. As in, they……..are…..not….good…..enough.

If you think we should play Barker for ten mins when we’re 3 up, fine, go for it, keep banging that drum. I’ll stick to the tried and tested formula that’s seen us win pot after pot in the last four years. I’m sure the club would be delighted to hear from you if you’ve a list of undiscovered geniuses that have hitherto gone unnoticed by the world’s elite managers...

so why build a fucking youth campus and bring in top football coaches with the best facilities if your saying just spend very big money on players and winning silverware each season its just not Manchester city

I would not let my son go anywhere near the campus if your saying crap like that and why would the best young player want to come to Manchester city if you not going to be given a chance at first team football how can you sell it to the mums and dads and say look your son will get a chance

its not all about winning silverware its about manchester city football club it will still be here well after all the money runs out then what back to the banks with cap in hands so we can spend daft money on somebody else who come from another youth setup

“It’s not all about winning silverware” - hate to break it to you, but it is. If it weren’t, we could do away with leagues, cups and just all have a spiffing time watching local lads play against local lads in friendlies.

You need to take a dose of reality salts. City are in this to win things. The campus has been set up to produce players that could form part of a team that does that. But they’re not going to jeopardise that by taking a shot on some kid who’s ripping up (small) trees against other kids. They’ll go on loan. Then, if they’re deemed good enough they’ll come back and get their chance. And at the moment, we have enough first team players who are significantly better than the youth team so we won’t be seeing Ambrose, Barker etc anywhere near the first team. Let’s not hark back to the days of Redmond, Brightwell and all that atavistic, sanctimonious bollocks that we had brilliant youth players who would go on and set the footballing world on fire - they all went on to win the square root of fuck all.

As I’ve said, you’re entitled to your view. If you have a lad that you think is perhaps good enough to break into City’s first team, I’m sure the scouts will do their job. He. like any other young lad from Manchester has about a million in one chance of making it; of cutting it with the future Silvas, Agueros etc. And if that’s the message emanating from the club and it’s one you don’t like, there’ll be other clubs. In the meantime, I’ll be happy my team are doing the business where it matters: on the pitch, in the league and in the cups. Winning silverware.

Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:

We signed Sinclair to meet the 2012/13 HG quota rules. We were finding a way to get him off our books.
Like Nastasic? When he was given the cold shoulder and never played but flogged to Schalke?

Or Jovetic now? When he's not even getting in the matchday squad?

Sinclair's cameo was in no way a means to sell him; not in any way, shape or form. The club are able to flog players like Nastasic, Rodwell and Richards despite zero game time. How in the name of fuck is 7 minutes going to convince Villa "Yep, get him signed".

[bigimg]http://media.giphy.com/media/Ve9pOjJRxkW2c/giphy.gif[/bigimg]

For a youngster to come and and prove he is good enough, it has to be when we are either drawing or losing. Bringing them on for a cameo when were romping a game will prove nothing of their ability to grind a result out.

I cannot ever see this happen though, so as indicated earlier, they will have to go out on loan and get some proper experience against professionals, not other youngsters.

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
pudge said:

We signed Sinclair to meet the 2012/13 HG quota rules. We were finding a way to get him off our books.
Like Nastasic? When he was given the cold shoulder and never played but flogged to Schalke?

Sinclair's cameo was in no way a means to sell him; not in any way, shape or form. The club are able to flog players like Nastasic, Rodwell and Richards despite zero game time. How in the name of fuck is 7 minutes going to convince Villa "Yep, get him signed".

Or Hart (if he didn't get his act together).

Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:

Damocles drop it.
I doubt he would take kindly to your assumption we're one and the same

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.