can we see some youth please

Bluewonder said:
I hope not... Half of this lot won't make it as professional footballers.

I disagree they might not make it with City but they still have chance to carve themselves a decent career.

BigOscar said:
This thread seem a bit vague and pointless, unless we've signed a new player called "Some Youth". There seems to be a lot of theoretical arguaments about the benefits of playing "some youth", along with posturing that young players from other clubs wouldn't get any game time for us, but to me it all seems a bit irrelevant without talking about the specific players instead of this vague "play someone young" thing.

When you get to the specifics, there really aren't a whole lot of even decent candidates for game time, yet alone any obvious candidates. Our best candidates are all out on loan, leaving mainly very young, not yet physically developed players, most of whom aren't anywhere near ready. For me, there aren't a whole lot of obvious options. Barker would probably be the closest, but he's not been at his best in the second half of the season, so do you really want to throw in a player when they aren't at their best? Maybe he's tired after a long hard season, I don't know, but he hasn't looked as dominant as he was earlier in the year.

Angelino and Maffeo look like real prospects, but Angelino is still a work in progress defensively, while Maffeo has never even played RB above U18 level as he's been playing CB for the EDS (where he obviously can't play for the first team, given that he's a midget). I wouldn't really want to throw a young defender into our already shaky defence anyway, it doesn't strike me as a particular helpful environment at the moment.

Ambrose could have been useful, but has been struggling to get fit for any stretch of time since injuring himself and I believe he's now out for the season? Pozo has now pretty much had his confidence destroyed by his first team outings, so I'm not really sure he should be anywhere near the squad at the moment untill he can regain his confidence (which is also a good example of the potential harm of throwing players in before they are ready, although playing him out of position didn't help)

Midfield wise, it's hard to say any of them look ready for consideration.

That's just my opinion though, I'm sure people who watch them more might have more insight into the individuals who could be ready to gain something useful from a chance in the first team.

Frankly this thread would not even exist if the PL players had been performing to a standard that they are supposed to have.

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Like Nastasic? When he was given the cold shoulder and never played but flogged to Schalke?

Or Jovetic now? When he's not even getting in the matchday squad?

Sinclair's cameo was in no way a means to sell him; not in any way, shape or form. The club are able to flog players like Nastasic, Rodwell and Richards despite zero game time. How in the name of fuck is 7 minutes going to convince Villa "Yep, get him signed".

[bigimg]http://media.giphy.com/media/Ve9pOjJRxkW2c/giphy.gif[/bigimg]

Damocles drop it.
I doubt he would take kindly to your assumption we're one and the same

Hahahahaha, there's some incredibly strange people on Bluemoon there really is

Rather than start another Thread - Mods you decide.

How can we fit these young players into one team?.
I am sure that IF Denayer , Rekik , Lopes etc...can form the basis of a "Reserve" team along with any "stars" of the EDS and the Barkers, Angelino 's of the youth team, incl. Ineacheo(Nigerian - player of the African U-18's tournament) . we should move forward. See link below from MEN.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/manchester-city-decide-futures-youngsters-9135660" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... rs-9135660</a>

Can the players that have been out on loan now play for the EDS (our reserve team)........?. I can see that if they did then up and coming players might not "progress".
Worth a discussion?.

More about fitting them into the squad then the team.

Lopes for Jovetic, Denayer for Boyata, Rekik for a spare place we have. You wouldn't necessarily play them all in one game together.

Damocles said:
More about fitting them into the squad then the team.

Lopes for Jovetic, Denayer for Boyata, Rekik for a spare place we have. You wouldn't necessarily play them all in one game together.

I can see your point - trying to integrate them into the squad - but they would not get much game time. A game here - a game there.
So I suppose farming them out on a short term loan seems to be the answer.

Do we have any blog which specifically follows our youth teams and provides stats,insights and match reports after each youth match ..

Maybe have a word with the City fan Bournemouth chairman and send Lopes & Denayer to them on loan. They play good football, need some new players and our lads get premier league experience. That would be more beneficial than just being squad players for us.

Ray78 said:
Bluewonder said:
I hope not... Half of this lot won't make it as professional footballers.

I disagree they might not make it with City but they still have chance to carve themselves a decent career.
watched bebe the other day if he can make it the pie seller at oldham can. and she is eighty. but seriously one of the main factors of any lad joining city is barring injury a professional career

With top 4 virtually guaranteed , its about time MP put some youngsters on the bench for the last 4 games , Barker,Angelino,Maffeo,Nemane all look capable , and we can still start with a strong eleven because we need to finish in the top 3 if possible , (because you can guarantee if we have a champs league play-off , the team we will play will be from either spain,italy or germany)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.