can we see some youth please

Jack Wills said:
dasblues said:
This post has made me really angry, where is the sporting merit in continuing to pump money into the first team with the intention of hoovering up trophies year after year. This is the kind of shite that the scum come out with lately now there place at the top table is being threatend, lets just spend more than everyone else to make us feel like the top dogs.

Luckily , with the evidence of massive investment in our accademy , our owners dont hold the same view.

I want to be proud of the achievments of my club , something that will be lacking if we continue down the road of a player recruitment arms race, any team can do that with the backing we have.

This post hasn't made me really angry, but I couldn't disagree more. I'm proud of my team whatever, but never more so than when we're smashing chavs & rags and winning 5-1 away at tough places like Spurs. Who gives a fuck about sporting merit if it means the rags win everything because they can sell the most Shrek duvet covers, or Chelsea because Abramovich is a gangster who leans on agents to make sure he gets £20m+ for average squad players.

Fuck them all, our owner has more money than the fucking US Govt let's fucking blow every **** away and win everything, bollocks to Platini, bollocks to the rags and massive fucking monkey bollocks to FFP.

We've been shit on and laughed at by rags long enough, why give the cunts a fair shot now we're in a position to blow them away.

Dont get me wrong , I despise those cunts as much as anyone.

We have an opportunity here to hang these cnuts by there own petard , to develop the greatest youth teams that football has ever known. We have unlimited money to do this with, money that cant be touched by FFP. Its a massive competitive advantage that no one else in football has....

as Cloughie said to Revie , I want to win it better

dasblues said:
RVZ Urmston said:
dasblues said:
This post has made me really angry, where is the sporting merit in continuing to pump money into the first team with the intention of hoovering up trophies year after year. This is the kind of shite that the scum come out with lately now there place at the top table is being threatend, lets just spend more than everyone else to make us feel like the top dogs.

Luckily , with the evidence of massive investment in our accademy , our owners dont hold the same view.

I want to be proud of the achievments of my club , something that will be lacking if we continue down the road of a player recruitment arms race, any team can do that with the backing we have.

Ah, so what you want is some kind of environmental trophy free football club where we have five or six local kids playing for the shirt coz the fans can relate to it and we win jack shit every year while other clubs "Hoover" up all the trophies, just so some fans can feel morally superior to other fans. That's all well and good if your mid table without a pot to piss in but I have some news for you friend, we've lined ourselves up with the big boys and no one at the top table pisses about with moral crusades about youth players, sorry Arsenal did and won fuck all until they decided to spend some money in quality and guess what, they start winning trophies.

So the £200m investment was just some kind of elaborate PR stunt to give off the impression that we are trying to build a self sustaining future for ourselves?

I guess you could argue that it was an FFP allowable marketing expense?

Bayern and Barca dont 'piss' about with youth development do they?

Every one of the four teams in the champions league semi finals has a youth team player in their squad that as played a significant part of their campaign this season:

Juventus
Marchisio

Barca
Messi
Iniesta
Busquets
Pique
(plus various fringe squad players)

Bayern
Lahm
Muller
Alaba

Real Madrid
Carvajal
Jese Rodriguez

So why would they do this? So they can feel morally superior to other clubs? No because it makes sense to try and develop your own players. They provide a symbol to the fans to show what this club is all about, they save the club £m's in transfer fees and they will be loyal and run through brick walls for the team.

Why is Abramovic taking a keen interest in his youth team ? They could just keep throwing money at it , becuase He's not stupid and realises the benefits

Mark my words, if we haven't shown any signs of progress in this area within the next three years there will be a lot of disillusioned fans in the Etihad on a Saturday afternoon, sucess or not

Your havin me on aren't you, so what your saying that if we win say another four trophies in three years with top class players the fans will become restless because little johnny in the EDS is not in the first team, i think you will find "our" fans will become restless if we havent won anything for three years. I think you forget what most of our fans have been through, the barren wilderness years of watching shite year on year, they wanna win trophies and shove it back those rag ***** throats, bringing a couple of players in the first team won't mean jack shit to them, they've been there done. Hit them where it hurts so they're skulking away every may when city are parading cups on an open top bus. As for the academy, it was built to produce footballers but not necessary for City. We've watched how Chelsea and how they've gone about by making money from it, the rags have been shafting other clubs for their overrated young players for years. If we just happen to produce a diamond for ourselves then I will be the first one to welcome it but not at the sacrifice our main aim which is to be a top trophy winning club. A lot has been said about these three so called young players out on loan that should be in the first team now. For Rekik is nowhere good enough, not physical enough or quick. Lopes I'm still not sure about, is he better than anything in front of him, Navas, Milner, Nasri? Seen the odd flash of him in France but nothing to really say yeah, this guy is gonna come back and rip it up next season. Denayer, now this guy has really impressed me since hes gone on loan. I know he's played in a shit pub league, but it's physical and more in line with an English type league and he's played in CL. Maybe this kid might be one that we could put in the squad. Personally I would like him for one more season be loaned to a lower prem club, maybe Bournemouth, perfect to see if he can cut it at the highest level. If he can then we might have a player.

Jack Wills said:
dasblues said:

This post hasn't made me really angry, but I couldn't disagree more. I'm proud of my team whatever, but never more so than when we're smashing chavs & rags and winning 5-1 away at tough places like Spurs. Who gives a fuck about sporting merit if it means the rags win everything because they can sell the most Shrek duvet covers, or Chelsea because Abramovich is a gangster who leans on agents to make sure he gets £20m+ for average squad players.

Fuck them all, our owner has more money than the fucking US Govt let's fucking blow every c**t away and win everything, bollocks to Platini, bollocks to the rags and massive fucking monkey bollocks to FFP.

We've been shit on and laughed at by rags long enough, why give the c**ts a fair shot now we're in a position to blow them away.

THIS + 10

RVZ Urmston said:
dasblues said:
RVZ Urmston said:
Ah, so what you want is some kind of environmental trophy free football club where we have five or six local kids playing for the shirt coz the fans can relate to it and we win jack shit every year while other clubs "Hoover" up all the trophies, just so some fans can feel morally superior to other fans. That's all well and good if your mid table without a pot to piss in but I have some news for you friend, we've lined ourselves up with the big boys and no one at the top table pisses about with moral crusades about youth players, sorry Arsenal did and won fuck all until they decided to spend some money in quality and guess what, they start winning trophies.

So the £200m investment was just some kind of elaborate PR stunt to give off the impression that we are trying to build a self sustaining future for ourselves?

I guess you could argue that it was an FFP allowable marketing expense?

Bayern and Barca dont 'piss' about with youth development do they?

Every one of the four teams in the champions league semi finals has a youth team player in their squad that as played a significant part of their campaign this season:

Juventus
Marchisio

Barca
Messi
Iniesta
Busquets
Pique

Bayern
Lahm
Muller
Alaba

Real Madrid
Carvajal
Jese Rodriguez

So why would they do this? So they can feel morally superior to other clubs? No because it makes sense to try and develop your own players. They provide a symbol to the fans to show what this club is all about, they save the club £m's in transfer fees and they will be loyal and run through brick walls for the team.

Why is Abramovic taking a keen interest in his youth team ? They could just keep throwing money at it , becuase He's not stupid and realises the benefits

Mark my words, if we haven't shown any signs of progress in this area within the next three years there will be a lot of disillusioned fans in the Etihad on a Saturday afternoon, sucess or not

Your havin me on aren't you, so what your saying that if we win say another four trophies in three years with top class players the fans will become restless because little johnny in the EDS is not in the first team, i think you will find "our" fans will become restless if we havent won anything for three years. I think you forget what most of our fans have been through, the barren wilderness years of watching shite year on year, they wanna win trophies and shove it back those rag ***** throats, bringing a couple of players in the first team won't mean jack shit to them, they've been there done. Hit them where it hurts so they're skulking away every may when city are parading cups on an open top bus. As for the academy, it was built to produce footballers but not necessary for City. We've watched how Chelsea and how they've gone about by making money from it, the rags have been shafting other clubs for their overrated young players for years. If we just happen to produce a diamond for ourselves then I will be the first one to welcome it but not at the sacrifice our main aim which is to be a top trophy winning club. A lot has been said about these three so called young players out on loan that should be in the first team now. For Rekik is nowhere good enough, not physical enough or quick. Lopes I'm still not sure about, is he better than anything in front of him, Navas, Milner, Nasri? Seen the odd flash of him in France but nothing to really say yeah, this guy is gonna come back and rip it up next season. Denayer, now this guy has really impressed me since hes gone on loan. I know he's played in a shit pub league, but it's physical and more in line with an English type league and he's played in CL. Maybe this kid might be one that we could put in the squad. Personally I would like him for one more season be loaned to a lower prem club, maybe Bournemouth, perfect to see if he can cut it at the highest level. If he can then we might have a player.

Who's talking about sacrificing success ? You seem to think that youth development = no trophies but the teams I mentioned above are the biggest clubs in Europe . The players above are also key players in each team , which I'm not proposing either.

I'm just calling for sensible and managed youth development by introducing 2 or 3 players at a time if they have justified it. The players you mentioned above would fit the bill next season , they have 2 or three seasons to break into the team then you move to the next 2 or 3

Some of our fan base need to have a little patience when they aren't immediately the next x y or z

Also , I don't need to be told about what cunts those red bastards are, I grew in in Salford in the 80's so had a front row seat to their ensuing success

Jack Wills said:
dasblues said:

Fuck them all, our owner has more money than the fucking US Govt let's fucking blow every **** away and win everything, bollocks to Platini, bollocks to the rags and massive fucking monkey bollocks to FFP.

We've been shit on and laughed at by rags long enough, why give the cunts a fair shot now we're in a position to blow them away.

City earns the majority of its money from an invite only UEFA competition. The idea that we're going to ignore them and still attract star players is, frankly, ludicrous.

the great alan Hansen said you don't win anything with kids

how wrong was he united had that bunch of kids from 1992 or whatever year
they had big money signings but needed something else that money just can't buy youth players who are hungry and have no fear and will run and run all day

the thing about that youth team was they only had 2 very good players in my book beckham and scholes I don't count giggs he was not there youth player he was nicked from us the rest was a team of good players and over rated because of who they was playing for would gary and phil Neville got as many England caps playing for another club nick butt did he have a England cap after leaving
united ???????????????????

you don't have to be world class or messi that's never going to happen at man city but just have some youth around our first team squad it will bring them on if you put me or you in that team city team we have you would look like world beaters

Homegrown players are a must, if we are to become a club like Barca, they give a shit about the shirt and fans are willing to go the extra mile

Lots of pros and cons as to using youth going forward and the amount of debate on here suggests it's not an easy call.

IMO

1. watching a 18/19 year old dominate amongst other 18/19 year olds does not automatically mean he is good enough, although many on here seem to challenge that.
2. we should not introduce youths in PL games. The league has become too competitive at the top and one or two losses could mean the difference of winning the league these days.
3. having youth on the bench seems to be a favourite on here and bring them on when were coasting to victory. To me, that would tell us nothing about their ability.
4. If we are to use youth, then we only do it in the COC and be prepared to sacrifice that tournament to blood the kids.
5. Bottom line is, whilst many on here think certain players are ready, only those associated with their development know for sure and we need to be patient and let them decide when the time is right.

spanishblue said:
Homegrown players are a must, if we are to become a club like Barca, they give a shit about the shirt and fans are willing to go the extra mile

A little flawed in that they may be able to run all day and give a shit, but if they don't have the necessary skills, it will lead to nothing

spanishblue said:
But it's only because they're good enough. We shouldn't start giving token squad places to players just because they happen to have been scouted by us at an early age. Just because they play(ed) for our youth team doesn't mean they have any more right than any other players from any other youth team or first team in the world to get into our first team. Squad places should be merited on actual talent and whether their talent will make us a better football team, no matter where they have played previously (our youth team, another youth team or another first team anywhere).n If there's a lad in Norwich's Academy (just picked a random EDS side that's above us in the U21 table) who is better than all our EDS players, i'd rather sign him than bring through someone not as good.

Now i'd like nothing more in football than to see six Mancunian City fans in our first team helping us lift trophies...Christ, even one would be nice...but only if they're good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.