Cardiff (FA Cup 4th Rd ) Post Match Thread

easy as you like, despite the random act of thuggery.

the sooner VAR is the norm the better, two shocking decisions against us, it was obvious the lino guessed for Bernardo's non goal

Re VAR - firstly how can it be used in some games and not others as it means the competition has different rules at different times. A bit like saying away goals will count double in games where clubs are 150 miles apart to avoid a replay but for other games a replay will suffice. Secondly it should be used for actual facts, as a Shearer said, where there is no dispute . I.e. Offsides. Red card challenges can sometimes be open to debate although the one on sane warranted two reds. How the game went on for so long without a card is beyond explanation other than the obvious one

So the Wigan player who spat at an opponent will get a six game ban, quite rightly, yet Bennett the thug yesterday got a yellow card so effectively nothing Total bollocks

So Mr Warnock when the boots on the other foot! You not realise you are playing in England?

Having slept on it, the most positive thing that I want to save from that match: it's definitely not my imagination, Gundy and Bernardo are becoming more and more of a presence, starting to really show their class. What a fine midfield we have.

West Ham player gets rightly condemned by everybody (players, media, fans, management, clubs) for spitting & will end up with a lengthy ban. The Sunday league player who attempted to break Sane's left leg gets a pat on the back from his manager & will likely escape any further punishment. Defies belief really. Can't fathom how that lot are 3rd in the Championship.

Really doubtful about accepting Bennett's “apology”. He says he mistimed his tackle. It didn't look like that at all to me. He knew exactly what he was doing. The ball was long gone. Leroy was through and away. It was probably going to be a goal, or it was going to require something special from their keeper.

I have read all the tweets and not one could be classed as vile. Certainly not as vile as his two tackles or his vile manager's excuses.

The same could not be said of the comments accompanying the article....

In reference to City...

"your team is full of immigrants. go away."

"you have a great team. your team today did not come to play football, they came to keep possession"

"Here we go again, people talking about a bad tackle in a totally over the top way. It’s a contact sport, played at high speed, people will get hurt and mistakes will be made. If you are offended so much as to call is vile then football isn’t for you."

" yes the tackle was a nasty one but i cant see how it was meant. eyes on the ball the whole time. man city werent angels either. as for pep saying the refs need to protect his players more....how about stay on your feet when the wind blows and you might get a bit of fair treatment cheating fu**s"

"good tackle. unlucky to get yellowed for that. soft."

"Seen worse tackles"

"shut up boys... what a tackle"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.