Cardiff (H) Post match Thread

See I don't really get this attitude.

Empty seats on tv can not be seen as positive in any way.

Not for the Club or owners and investors.
Top flight football relies on huge sponsors, partner investmentsite etc. You need this to compete at the top.

Etihad should be full every week it really should. I suspect this is a reason why Family stand expansion seems to be on hold.

It's not just about match day tickets sales income, the big money is from sponsors and a full stadium is more attractive

As for leaving early, WTF is that about really.

Going to the match is not a chore or like work to bunk off early, savour every minute.

If the club are unhappy with a few empty seats being shown on TV then maybe they should look at themselves as to why this may be instead of expecting normal fans with normal lives to keep spending and spending for a shitty “experience” they keep trying to force on everyone.

When you see empty seats tonight, it’s not embarrassing unless you are precious enough to care what someone on twitter says about it. What it is, is a sign of reality within an already stretched normal fan base.

You know what the club will do to solve this in a few weeks time? Increase ticket prices once again!

That is why there is apathy from some fans to attend games and why nights like tonight DO. feel like a chore.

To all who attended tonight and/or attend on Saturday, your support is amazing!

The Rags and Dippers built their support over 30 to 40 years of success , anyone expecting our support to double from our Maine Rd days of 30k in just 15 years are slightly optimistic , our support will grow steadily as we attract more gloryhunters , so to all the supporters who are embarrassed about our following have a little patience , and invest in half and half scarves , its the future :)
And a tragedy each to use as a marketing tool

Did you not notice the guy wearing number 3 tonight who played LB after Zinc went off and never put a foot wrong all night? I'd start Danilo at RB even if Walker is fit but with Zinc out it's obvious that Danilo should start at LB now.

I've been calling for Danilo to play ahead of Walker for months. Complete agreement with that, but whilst he's perfectly adequate at left back it's very clear hes playijg on the wrong side both defensively and offensively and will be targeted when playing against better opposition. Look how effective he looked on the right before having to switch.

The Rags and Dippers built their support over 30 to 40 years of success , anyone expecting our support to double from our Maine Rd days of 30k in just 15 years are slightly optimistic , our support will grow steadily as we attract more gloryhunters , so to all the supporters who are embarrassed about our following have a little patience , and invest in half and half scarves , its the future :)

We averaged 46,245 for the first season at the Etihad 2003/04 so the support has always been there.

oh boy I love City, two great goals tonight, crowd so so but people have to work like myself so couldn't go, im at Wembley on Saturday with 4 other blues, I hear on here ticket sales have picked up and weve sold nearly 30k, lets sing the team to victory Cmon City!

We were totally dominant in a one-sided game and returned to the top of the league yet the matchday thread was plagued with mourners, bemoaning the quality of our players and demanding they be replaced. I looked at some posts with utter dismay, believing they were posted by people who have no understanding of the game whatsoever.

I'll tell you what bloody annoys me - Jesus's absolute disregard for offsides. The chance where he got slightly ahead of the ball from Kev was off and there was no need to be - a bit more composure and he's in the correct position and also onside.

I don't think he played badly at all tonight otherwise.

There was another occasion too where I noticed he was going too forward, which meant the through ball/pass was not ON. He really needs to work on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.