Cardiff (H) Post match Thread

it is embarrassing for the club and players . top of the league and 13 games away from something no team has ever done before and they are playing in front of a shit crowd who just couldnt be arsed apart from the usual south stand lot.
i sat in the east stand top tier today for the 1st time in years as i gave my 2 tickets to a friend and his lad and it was quite frankly embarrassing as there was about 10 people on the row and only 5 or 6 of us in the whole block jumped up when we scored.
complacency?
change in fan base?
or the usual cant get there coz my kids are in school tomorrow? travel to far etc etc ?
well put your tickets on the ticket exchange and see what happens...they just wont sell.
we simply arnt as big as some people think
Just a thought from a pensioner ................................
Do the empty seats have anything to do with the cost of a match day experience?. I know I couldn't afford to go to every game and still put food on the table.

See I don't really get this attitude.

Empty seats on tv can not be seen as positive in any way.

Not for the Club or owners and investors.
Top flight football relies on huge sponsors, partner investmentsite etc. You need this to compete at the top.

Etihad should be full every week it really should. I suspect this is a reason why Family stand expansion seems to be on hold.

It's not just about match day tickets sales income, the big money is from sponsors and a full stadium is more attractive

As for leaving early, WTF is that about really.

Going to the match is not a chore or like work to bunk off early, savour every minute.

There's only half a dozen games, if that, where we're guaranteed a full house.

It's not great to look at swathes of empty seats around the ground, especially when there's only 3 league home games left and we're on a title run-in.
Couldn't care less what other fans think but sometimes wonder what the players must think. Playing in an electric atmosphere must be appealing for players, but we rarely create that.

What's worse for me though is seeing fans streaming out from about 80 mins onwards....the ground is half empty by 85 mins.

Do you say the same about Aguero? He is well known for needing to get back into rhythm.
Look this is my opinion not yours mate . If you want I’ll change it to Jesus is great and he should start every game and we should drop aguero so that he can have his run of games . But as you ask about aguero being a slow starter and back in rhythm well he is a lot better than Jesus doing it

If the club are unhappy with a few empty seats being shown on TV then maybe they should look at themselves as to why this may be instead of expecting normal fans with normal lives to keep spending and spending for a shitty “experience” they keep trying to force on everyone.

When you see empty seats tonight, it’s not embarrassing unless you are precious enough to care what someone on twitter says about it. What it is, is a sign of reality within an already stretched normal fan base.

You know what the club will do to solve this in a few weeks time? Increase ticket prices once again!

That is why there is apathy from some fans to attend games and why nights like tonight DO. feel like a chore.

To all who attended tonight and/or attend on Saturday, your support is amazing!

Spot on. It's all well and good people at the club being bemused by the swathes of empty seats but they're the root of the problem. Season ticket prices have gone up on a yearly basis.

We are not Liverpool or United. We don't have a worldwide fanbase, we have a local core group of hardcore followers. We occasionally have a few day trippers now but not enough to cover 10,000 seats.

If the club are so arsed about atmosphere and empty seats then the buck stops with them. If they raise prices again you'll have more people opting out of cup schemes etc.

it is embarrassing for the club and players . top of the league and 13 games away from something no team has ever done before and they are playing in front of a shit crowd who just couldnt be arsed apart from the usual south stand lot.
i sat in the east stand top tier today for the 1st time in years as i gave my 2 tickets to a friend and his lad and it was quite frankly embarrassing as there was about 10 people on the row and only 5 or 6 of us in the whole block jumped up when we scored.
complacency?
change in fan base?
or the usual cant get there coz my kids are in school tomorrow? travel to far etc etc ?
well put your tickets on the ticket exchange and see what happens...they just wont sell.
we simply arnt as big as some people think
I put mine on yesterday morning because of illness and they sold within 4 hours. Whoever purchased them attended as well - I could see them in our seats. I looked at what was available yesterday and there was singles and a few doubles all over the stadium, however only a fraction of what we saw last night so the conclusion can only be its season ticket holders or freebee's that don't turn up and don't put their tickets on exchange. I really don't know what the answer is other than sanctions in those circumstance. 3 or 4 no shows + no use of ticket exchange = no renewal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.