Carlos Tevez Must Stay

CARLOS TEVEZ is happy to see out the last year of his Manchester City deal.

And the in-form Argentine striker would give serious thought to extending his stay at the Etihad if a new deal was put on the table.

The ex-skipper, 29, along with Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry, is going into the final year of his current contract and formal talks have yet to start.

But Tevez said: “I have a year left and I will respect that. I’ll think about whether to sign a new one.

“It’s not the same as last season when I wanted to leave as soon as possible.

“I’m going through a different time. The club is treating me really well and that’s so important for me.”

But his team-mate SCOTT SINCLAIR could be off to West Brom.

Baggies boss Steve Clarke is chasing the ex-Swansea winger, 23, who has failed to make an impact since his £6.2million move last August.

But Albion may struggle to match his wages and face competition from Everton and Aston Villa.

Great news him staying next season

BillyShears said:
blueyorkie said:
Its not just about the goals he scores its the drive and inspiration he gives to the team, the closing down of opponents and the tone he sets. In my view City tend to play well when they pass at a high tempo, there is no one better at setting that tempo than Carlos.

Bang on mate. I've do find it funny that he's judged primarily on the goals he's scored when as a footballer he offers so much more to the team. I think he's almost certain to get a new contract at City, and even if he doesn't, I think City will be happy to have him for the final 12 months of his contract as he's such a valuable player to have in your squad.

Have to give credit to Mancini for reintegrating him into the squad and credit to Carlos for going from 4th choice striker to arguably 1st/2nd choice with the performances he has given.

Agree. It woudl be easy to hold a grudge for sure.

I actually think Dzeko has taken it wrong though, he probably sees his team-mate swan off and return and then thinks 'wtf is going on here? he's ahead of me after all what he's done' etc.

NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
blueyorkie said:
Its not just about the goals he scores its the drive and inspiration he gives to the team, the closing down of opponents and the tone he sets. In my view City tend to play well when they pass at a high tempo, there is no one better at setting that tempo than Carlos.

Bang on mate. I've do find it funny that he's judged primarily on the goals he's scored when as a footballer he offers so much more to the team. I think he's almost certain to get a new contract at City, and even if he doesn't, I think City will be happy to have him for the final 12 months of his contract as he's such a valuable player to have in your squad.

Have to give credit to Mancini for reintegrating him into the squad and credit to Carlos for going from 4th choice striker to arguably 1st/2nd choice with the performances he has given.

I actually think Dzeko has taken it wrong though, he probably sees his team-mate swan off and return and then thinks 'wtf is going on here? he's ahead of me after all what he's done' etc.

do see the bayen striker last night got into the same positions as Dzeko does in the box but managed to turn round and not lose the ball then scored that's what Dzeko could have done all year to get to number one

johnbmcr said:
NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:

do see the bayen striker last night got into the same positions as Dzeko does in the box but managed to turn round and not lose the ball then scored that's what Dzeko could have done all year to get to number one

Dzeko's close control is poor but his shooting is as good if not better.

We are all raving about what Bayern did to Barca.They based that performance on incredibly high intensity pressing by the whole team. Dropping back to defend only when they were ready to do so.Tevez is easily the best we have at this pressing game, only Aguerro comes close, the rest nowhere. He has to stay.Dortmund,Ajax and even lowly Southampton did this to us and look what happened.

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
Must he indeed. His lack of goals is one of the main reasons we're not in the title race.
Just his??

Bit unfair that, being the highest goal scorer in the team
I would say Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero (injuries though), Dzeko, Mario(when here) should have all scored a few more along with not having jolo around for corners anymore
Tevez, 11 goals in 1994 minutes = 181 minutes per goal
Aguero, 10 goals in 1669 minutes = 166.9 minutes per goal
Dzeko, 12 goals in 1431 minutes = 123.4 minutes per goal

Tevez has not had a great season by any stretch or bounds of the imagination and yet we must keep him apparently.

The problem isn't so much Tevez as the Tevez-Aguero partnership. Aguero was far more prolific when he played alongside Balotelli and Dzeko last season.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Just his??

Bit unfair that, being the highest goal scorer in the team
I would say Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero (injuries though), Dzeko, Mario(when here) should have all scored a few more along with not having jolo around for corners anymore

Tevez has not had a great season by any stretch or bounds of the imagination and yet we must keep him apparently.

The problem isn't so much Tevez as the Tevez-Aguero partnership. Aguero was far more prolific when he played alongside Balotelli and Dzeko last season.

It isn't that easy to judge. For starters, there is a chemistry between Tevez and Aguero and results where the two have started together prove it. Then there is the situation of last season where Tevez was missing so it may have 'appeared' that Aguero was more prolific when playing with the other two. And also, don't forget that in the current season, Aguero has had a fragmented time of it due to his recurring injury problems.

In these circumstances, if Tevez really wants to stay, I would have no problem in extending his contract although it would have to fall into our new regime's idea of £140k per week maximum, plus bonus payments. Then he would be under an obligation to earn his corn.

I'm no cynic said:
City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Skashion said:

It isn't that easy to judge. For starters, there is a chemistry between Tevez and Aguero and results where the two have started together prove it. Then there is the situation of last season where Tevez was missing so it may have 'appeared' that Aguero was more prolific when playing with the other two. And also, don't forget that in the current season, Aguero has had a fragmented time of it due to his recurring injury problems.

In these circumstances, if Tevez really wants to stay, I would have no problem in extending his contract although it would have to fall into our new regime's idea of £140k per week maximum, plus bonus payments. Then he would be under an obligation to earn his corn.

There might be a personal chemistry between Tevex and Aguero, but the footballing partnership, in terms of goals, is overrated.
Both of them score the occasional brilliant dribble, but that's about it.
Too many City fans are trying too hard to convince themselves that the partnership works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.