Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

I'm fairly relaxed about him going. I dont dispute his contribution and that he would be a big loss but I dont like us being over reliant on one player. Causes too many problems when that player is injured. If we have to get used to life after Carlos then so be it.

It seems to me that there isn't just one single issue that's bothering him, its a combination of things. I think it really comes down to the fact that he's naturally restless, cant see him ever staying at one club for more than a couple of seasons.

The main priority for me is that the situation is sorted quickly. The worst outcome is for it to drift and for him to then demand a transfer in August.

Impeccable said:
Too many on here jumping on Tevez's back. He hasn't actually been quoted as saying anything that has been reported. Nothing about wanting to go, wanting to stay. Because it appears in print too many assume things are factual. No-one here knows the facts. Not even some seedy journo. Everything is hearsay.

Wait until the guy actually answers a direct question in an interview before slating the guy. And don't give me that 'he should come out and put the record straight' crap. He is a private person. Rarely gives interviews or talks to the gutter.

It's so easy for us lot to come on here and spout off. Thankfully, he seems a little more dignified.

Some of you need to be ashamed of yourselves.

Yeah very true except for the fact he was on Argie radio last night and said he doesn't know what he is going to do. Taylor has confirmed that story came from Tevez's "people" (Kia).

You need to be ashamed of yourself.

I dont like the idea of other players being part of a deal if he goes,invariably they (the part exchanges ) feel that they are here because their club wanted a player so they became expendable and apart from Messi there are not a lot of players worth £50 million even at our prices.I didnt like the throw away of the scarves at Wembley when everybody else was quite happy to put something on,it really did prove to me that he is not a loyal player,wonderfull and 100 percent every time he goes out but his loyalty is certainly in question.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
Why doesnt the Sheikh just lend him one of his jets for the season? Problem solved.

I was just thinking this. One practical issue may be their range. I'm not sure if their are any private jets that can get across the Atlantic to South America in one hop - thus rendering this suggestion useless.

Any plane spotters out there that can help?

Global Express, G5, G650. To name but 3.

I've never fully agreed with why Tevez gets such a good reception from our fans.

He came from Utd, he runs and works his socks off - so i guess anyone who does that will be considered great in the eyes of some City fans.

On the other hand, he's never tried to impress the fans; when he scored against Utd he didn't celebrate with the fans, he went straight to the dugout infront of Neville and Ferguson. When he scores now he turns his back or gets his shinpad out.

He's put in a transfer request, despite signing a 5 year deal, he's never come out and tried to endear himself to anyone, he moaned about wanting to see his kids more then went off with his 19 year old piece when City gave him time off, he didn't turn up to our Cup SF, and, rightly or wrongly, on and off the pitch, his main concern seems to be himself.

I guess its understandable why people want him to stay, i'm just a bit surprised, given how we've treated others who've done similar to him in the past, that we seem to support him no matter what his actions towards City are. I can't think of too many other players we'd give the same leniency to.

GStar said:
I've never fully agreed with why Tevez gets such a good reception from our fans.

He came from Utd, he runs and works his socks off - so i guess anyone who does that will be considered great in the eyes of some City fans.

On the other hand, he's never tried to impress the fans; when he scored against Utd he didn't celebrate with the fans, he went straight to the dugout infront of Neville and Ferguson. When he scores now he turns his back or gets his shinpad out.

He's put in a transfer request, despite signing a 5 year deal, he's never come out and tried to endear himself to anyone, he moaned about wanting to see his kids more then went off with his 19 year old piece when City gave him time off, he didn't turn up to our Cup SF, and, rightly or wrongly, on and off the pitch, his main concern seems to be himself.

I guess its understandable why people want him to stay, i'm just a bit surprised, given how we've treated others who've done similar to him in the past, that we seem to support him no matter what his actions towards City are. I can't think of too many other players we'd give the same leniency to.

Yes but other players dont score 52 goals in 85 games

SWP's back said:
Impeccable said:
Too many on here jumping on Tevez's back. He hasn't actually been quoted as saying anything that has been reported. Nothing about wanting to go, wanting to stay. Because it appears in print too many assume things are factual. No-one here knows the facts. Not even some seedy journo. Everything is hearsay.

Wait until the guy actually answers a direct question in an interview before slating the guy. And don't give me that 'he should come out and put the record straight' crap. He is a private person. Rarely gives interviews or talks to the gutter.

It's so easy for us lot to come on here and spout off. Thankfully, he seems a little more dignified.

Yeah very true except for the fact he was on Argie radio last night and said he doesn't know what he is going to do. Taylor has confirmed that story came from Tevez's "people" (Kia).

Did you hear it? Kia... ha... that says it all, really.

Impeccable said:
SWP's back said:
Impeccable said:

Did you hear it? Kia... ha... that says it all, really.
The point is if he wanted he could just put the whole story to bed by saying "I appreciate all the club has done for me and I intend to stay to fulfill my contract" His silence is deafening.

he doesn't speak to the English media. and who could blame him

And his attitude on the pitch is an example to all

he is a warrior, and I can't think of anyone in sport who I have more respect for. So what if he's played for a few clubs? While he's there he gives his all. He's a professional. Not a fan. If he is a fan, it's of Boca Juniors of Argentina.

Grow up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.