Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

Plain Speaking said:
Impeccable said:
SWP's back said:
Yeah very true except for the fact he was on Argie radio last night and said he doesn't know what he is going to do. Taylor has confirmed that story came from Tevez's "people" (Kia).

You need to be ashamed of yourself.

Did you hear it? Kia... ha... that says it all, really.
The point is if he wanted he could just put the whole story to bed by saying "I appreciate all the club has done for me and I intend to stay to fulfill my contract"

Exactly. The fake ronaldo could have done the same thing when the Madrid rumours were dragging on and on an on, and equally tellingly he declined to put them to bed either. Tevez wants out, as he made clear in December. Trouble for him is no-one can afford him. I'd take Benzema or Shneijder, plus £20m if either Madrid or Inter wants to play ball. God forbid though that Bobby tries to swap him for that lumbering, overrated pile of horse manure, Ibrahimovic. Be afraid, be very afraid

Plain Speaking said:
Impeccable said:
SWP's back said:
Yeah very true except for the fact he was on Argie radio last night and said he doesn't know what he is going to do. Taylor has confirmed that story came from Tevez's "people" (Kia).

You need to be ashamed of yourself.

Did you hear it? Kia... ha... that says it all, really.
The point is if he wanted he could just put the whole story to bed by saying "I appreciate all the club has done for me and I intend to stay to fulfill my contract" His silence is deafening.

He doesn't have to say a thing to anyone. He has a 5-year contract. As it stands he goes nowhere unless someone who can afford him makes a serious enquiry.

Like others I am fed up of the whole Tevez saga. I am also fed up of people laying all this at his agents door, he may be a despicable character but Tevez is a man not a child. If he doesn't want the move all he has to say is no, you don't have to be a genius for that. His family situation is his own fault and let's be honest he is in a much better position than most fathers separated from their children in that he could move back to Argentina and never have to worry about money for the rest of his life. If his wife did agree to move to Europe he could be there in a couple of hours. We are a club just stepping out onto the big stage and I think now is the time to lay down the marker that we will not be messed around by players no matter how important, if we don't then what will his demands be next season or next January will we all be nervous that he will pull the same stunt again. The club needs to strike first give him a deadline and if he hasn't sorted his situation out then to bad and we move on. I am not naive enough to think it would be easy for us without him but the club has bent over backwards for him and there has to be a point were enough is enough for me the time is now.

I was one of the group who was invited to the team hotel in January the night before the Arsenal game. It was interesting to see the reaction of the players to the fans. One or two wanted nothing to do with them, some were polite but no more and a handful really lapped it up and were brilliant. One of those was Tevez.

For me if there is one player we need to 'bend over backwards' for it's Carlos Tevez.Nobody in world football aside from Messi or Ronaldo could fill his boots.
The biggest signing for us this year will be Tevez.

pride in battle said:
For me if there is one player we need to 'bend over backwards' for it's Carlos Tevez.Nobody in world football aside from Messi or Ronaldo could fill his boots.

He is signed up to a long-term contract.

pride in battle said:

I appreciate what you are saying but I just think we have bent over backwards, he is the highest paid player, captain, given time off to visit his family but we still don't know where we stand with him. What more can the club do to make him happy? I just think the time has come where Tevez has to make a decision and stick by it. All this will he, won't he in my opinion is starting to make the club look as if Tevez has them over a barrel and I don't think this is right. I am not for one minute saying I want him to go and personally I don't think we would be were we are without him but I don't think we should be hanging on waiting for him to make his mind up, we had all this in January, will we have it every transfer window? I just think the time has come for the club to say we have done all we can, there's no more, what is your decision Carlos?

monroe to angeline said:
Plain Speaking said:
City Raider said:
There are no quotes from Kia or Tevez, its rehashed crap.

Is Taylor pro or anti-City, can't remember
IMO neither, he seems to call it as he sees it and tries to be fair. He supports Notts Forest. I follow him on twitter and he is one of the better journos IMO.

I have read the Guardian for years and Daniel taylor is NOT a fair and balanced journalist. Any anti City stories he can include he does, and this goes back years. we must have really upset him.
What I'm constantly amazed by, is how willing Daniel Taylor, Neil Ashton (NOTW) and others are to run what is effectively a PR campaign for an unlicensed agent in a personal vendetta against a Premiership club.

Given Joorabchin's reputation, why don't treat all his statements with massive pinch of salt?
They must either:

a) Have no problem publishing information from a highly disreputable source.

b) Love him because he calls them up all the time with stories and 'anonymous' statements, saving them days of actual investigative work.

c) Both of the above

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
monroe to angeline said:
Plain Speaking said:
IMO neither, he seems to call it as he sees it and tries to be fair. He supports Notts Forest. I follow him on twitter and he is one of the better journos IMO.

I have read the Guardian for years and Daniel taylor is NOT a fair and balanced journalist. Any anti City stories he can include he does, and this goes back years. we must have really upset him.
What I'm constantly amazed by, is how willing Daniel Taylor, Neil Ashton (NOTW) and others are, to run what is effectively a PR campaign for an unliscenced agent in a personal vendetta against a Premiership club.

Given Joorabchin's reputation, why don't treat all his statements with massive pinch of salt?They must either:

a) Have no problem getting their stories from a highly disreputable source.

b) Love him because he calls them up all the time with new stories and statements, saving them days of actual investigative work.

c) Both of the above
To be fair to Taylor Tevez's agent is the authorised representative of Carlos Tevez. If his agent issues a statement to the journo.s are they supposed to ignore him? As the saying goes "dont shoot the messenger."
The problem is with the agent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.