Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

glen quagmire said:
Forzacitizens said:
unfortunately i can see this going on all summer, i can't see a club actually paying 50 mil for tevez, or matching his wages. This has only just begun in my opinion

I disagree mate, i believe we will ship him out quickly, and get his replacement in sharpish.

I agree fella, said the other day that Carlos' happy face makes me believe his future is already pretty much sorted.

If he wants to leave, than just leave. Could use the money to fund another big signing, e.g. Ronaldo.

Im a big fan of Ronaldo :)

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Tevez, great player and has been immense for City on the pitch however he annoyed me last Saturday, waving off the City scarves and donning that Argentina flag on his way to collect the FA Cup...errr Carlos, it was actually City who won the FA Cup mate, on our biggest day for 35 years he has to disrespect us all a bit by making some sort of selfish personal statement...how much would it have hurt him to don a City scarf for 5 mins? Did Kompany or Silva see the need to sport Belgian or Spanish flags walking up the steps to collect the cup?
I'm sick of all this nonsense with Tevez, for me he shows little respect for the club and fans off the pitch, we seem to be constantly pussy footing around him, trying not to upset the poor wee soul, hoping that he will continue to bless us all with his godliness.
Fact is, he has a 5 year contract and it is City who will decide if and when he leaves, where he goes and when it suits us best. I hope the City executives stay strong on this one and make a point, to show other players we won't be arsed around.

To be fair a few players were wearing flags of the country - im sure Dzeko was one of them but in general I agree with you.
I thought it was a bit poor him taking the scalves off and its getting a bit boring all this with Tevez now.

I want him to stay dont get me wrong but he either finds a buy for AT LEAST £50 mill or shuts up and plays. End of.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Maybe Mancini is cleverer than some of you think...

He wants to get busy and the game of bluff and counter began with the final whistle at Wembley.

I will be sad to see Carlos go, but it's £50m big ones and a team that can continue to thrive with or without him.

He is not getting any younger and is a depreciating asset with too many side-issues.

Hmm ... Maybe. It's forced Kia into media overdrive that's for sure. But as much as we hate to admit it, we need a Tevez-like player. If there was any doubting that, then Tuesday proved it for sure.

So if Mancini's confident he's got a like-for-like replacement ready, then this was a brilliant plan: Force Kia into a corner, wait for a few rounds of media bullshit, and if there's no offer from Spain or Italy on the table, tell Kia to put up or shut up.

If we have a replacement ready, then this is a brilliant plan. I'm not so sure yet...

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

He wants to get busy and the game of bluff and counter began with the final whistle at Wembley.

I will be sad to see Carlos go, but it's £50m big ones and a team that can continue to thrive with or without him.

He is not getting any younger and is a depreciating asset with too many side-issues.

Hmm ... Maybe. It's forced Kia into media overdrive that's for sure. But as much as we hate to admit it, we need a Tevez-like player. If there was any doubting that, then Tuesday proved it for sure.

So if Mancini's confident he's got a like-for-like replacement ready, then this was a brilliant plan: Force Kia into a corner, wait for a few rounds of media bullshit, and if there's no offer from Spain or Italy on the table, make Kia a 'take it or leave it' offer.

If we have a replacement ready, then this is a brilliant plan. I'm not so sure yet...

Why? We would've won at least 1-0 with joleon's header!

YourBirdCanSing22 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

So if Mancini's confident he's got a like-for-like replacement ready, then this was a brilliant plan: Force Kia into a corner, wait for a few rounds of media bullshit, and if there's no offer from Spain or Italy on the table, make Kia a 'take it or leave it' offer.

Would Fabregas be a good replacement?

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Tevez, great player and has been immense for City on the pitch however he annoyed me last Saturday, waving off the City scarves and donning that Argentina flag on his way to collect the FA Cup...errr Carlos, it was actually City who won the FA Cup mate, on our biggest day for 35 years he has to disrespect us all a bit by making some sort of selfish personal statement...how much would it have hurt him to don a City scarf for 5 mins? Did Kompany or Silva see the need to sport Belgian or Spanish flags walking up the steps to collect the cup?
I'm sick of all this nonsense with Tevez, for me he shows little respect for the club and fans off the pitch, we seem to be constantly pussy footing around him, trying not to upset the poor wee soul, hoping that he will continue to bless us all with his godliness.
Fact is, he has a 5 year contract and it is City who will decide if and when he leaves, where he goes and when it suits us best. I hope the City executives stay strong on this one and make a point, to show other players we won't be arsed around.
Wow, your words made me changed my stance and wish Tevez would leave for the good the club. TBH the scarves bit really bothered me and somehow I don't feel his commitment to the club.

I am breaking a promise to myself here but I cannot let this one pass by.

Mancini and Tevez (with Cook and Kia in the background) are playing one hand of cards here.

They will part on the very best of terms, chummy, pally and with no ill feeling.

IMHO.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Forzacitizens said:
how come everyone thinks we will get 50 million for him?

Because this is the price Joorbachian and Madrid were made aware of back in December.

and also something to do with the fact that he's joint leading scorer in the EPL and the free kick Tuesday was sublime........ Winker went for £80 mill, we offered £100 mill for Kaka (allegedly) so I would value Carlos at £75 (million).....

Caroll went for £35mill FFS

If he is gonna leave, somebody will have to pay big bucks.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.