Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

fbloke said:
I am breaking a promise to myself here but I cannot let this one pass by.

Mancini and Tevez (with Cook and Kia in the background) are playing one hand of cards here.

They will part on the very best of terms, chummy, pally and with no ill feeling.

IMHO.

Truth is I think it's a little shitty towards us supporters if everything's already been decided and this game of charades is still going to continue. I'd prefer we dealt with this in the manner in which Ronaldo's sale to Madrid was done. Quickly, little fuss, and very soon after the season finishes...

we`ll soo find out what carlos is made of, if he stays, or if he goes to spain or italy with his kids. even if carlos goes i hope we dont replace him with another boat rocker.

great player that he is he`s not irreplaceable.

Eastlands90 said:
YourBirdCanSing22 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Maybe Mancini is cleverer than some of you think...

He wants to get busy and the game of bluff and counter began with the final whistle at Wembley.

I will be sad to see Carlos go, but it's £50m big ones and a team that can continue to thrive with or without him.

He is not getting any younger and is a depreciating asset with too many side-issues.

Hmm ... Maybe. It's forced Kia into media overdrive that's for sure. But as much as we hate to admit it, we need a Tevez-like player. If there was any doubting that, then Tuesday proved it for sure.

So if Mancini's confident he's got a like-for-like replacement ready, then this was a brilliant plan: Force Kia into a corner, wait for a few rounds of media bullshit, and if there's no offer from Spain or Italy on the table, make Kia a 'take it or leave it' offer.

If we have a replacement ready, then this is a brilliant plan. I'm not so sure yet...

Would Fabregas be a good replacement?

Errr no... totally different player for starters. Fabregas is a midfielder who creates chances, Tevez is a striker who scores goals ergo Fabregas would not be a replacement at all.

Also if Fabregas were to move it would almost certainly be to Barcelona and not us... we would be seen at best as a sideways move and Fabregas doesn't strike me as the type to move soley for a bigger pay packet.

Yes we're in the champions league and yes we won a trophy this season but we are not yet consistent top 4 finishers in the way Arsenal are. As such I think we need to be realistic about attracting the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas or Ronaldo because we could end up like Spurs this season. I have no doubt we will end up as regular top 4 finishers eventually but we are still something of a gamble compared to Real, Barca, Inter, Chelsea, the Scum and to a lesser extent Arsenal.

fbloke said:

Mancini and Tevez (with Cook and Kia in the background) are playing one hand of cards here.

They will part on the very best of terms, chummy, pally and with no ill feeling.

IMHO.

its always the same old game when an expensive player want out. the club (and the manager) have to keep high the price while the player (and his agent) have to low the price creating fractures with the hambient . a very old game.

BillyShears said:
fbloke said:

IMHO.

Truth is I think it's a little shitty towards us supporters if everything's already been decided and this game of charades is still going to continue. I'd prefer we dealt with this in the manner in which Ronaldo's sale to Madrid was done. Quickly, little fuss, and very soon after the season finishes...

I agree with you it treats fans as fools but......they also need to play the media and agents as well of course.

Out of Tevez and Mancini which is more likely to be at City next season and now ask how you get the fans on the side of that person?

I love Tevez but if he wants to go then just go and be done with.
That whole situation of him taking off the city scarves as he was walking up the stairs to lift the FA Cup really fucked me off. (Why couldn't he of just worn one for the fans?) And then him lifting the cup with that argentina flag around his neck really pissed me off aswell. City are an English club and the FA Cup is an English cup. We all know he's fucking aregentinian.
I personally wish Kompany lifted the cup. Someone who actually cares and respects Manchester City as a football club. Fucking love Kompany!

The problem is that Tevez really suits the style of football that we play...we are a hugely better team to watch when he plays and are a lot more dynamic going forward with him int he team......neither balo aor dzeko provide this and neither will int he future (they jsut arent that sort of player)

If we sell tevez we will not only have to replace him but also change the way we play...maybe RM has it ni mind how he wants o play wihtout tevez int he team but it will need reorganising as there arent many plaers int he world who can give a team what tevez does

There are players of different stlyes and you could argue for instance that balo is technically better than tevez but as the focal poin of an attack he isnt ready.....and dzeko cannot play that role at all<br /><br />-- Fri May 20, 2011 1:25 pm --<br /><br />
Mancio said:
fbloke said:

IMHO.

its always the same old game when an expensive player want out. the club (and the manager) have to keep high the price while the player (and his agent) have to low the price creating fractures with the hambient . a very old game.

at least you will get what you have wanted since you started supporting city and joined this board eh!!

Stay or go. I'm not really arsed. We've got to where we want to be and are on the up with or without him.

What needs to happen though is to get it sorted by the end of May. Last thing we want is 'begging' him to stay for him to leg it in August.

fbloke said:
BillyShears said:
fbloke said:

IMHO.

I agree with you it treats fans as fools but......they also need to play the media and agents as well of course.

Out of Tevez and Mancini which is more likely to be at City next season and now ask how you get the fans on the side of that person?

Like I said - look at the way the rags sold Ronaldo. It should be done in a similar manner. We don't need to play games - everyone knows his asking price - either meet it or kindly fuck off...as for the player...same again...if someone comes in with the right offer he can go...otherwise he can't. To be honest, I'm fucking over it already and the season hasn't even ended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.