Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

guardian.co.uk, Friday 20 May 2011 15.26 BST

The Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini, is standing by his claim that Carlos Tevez will not leave the club this summer.

After Tuesday's 3-0 Premier League win over Stoke City, in which Tevez scored two goals, Mancini said that the Argentinian striker had told him he wanted to stay. Within 24 hours, Tevez's representatives were claiming in private that the striker had said nothing of the sort.

Tevez was subsequently reported to have told an Argentinian radio station that he wanted to leave and even senior figures at City now wonder if Tevez's trusted adviser, Kia Joorabchian, is trying to find a club willing to pay the vast transfer fee and wages the striker would command.

However, as he looked ahead to Sunday's match at Bolton – in which City can secure third place in the Premier League and automatic Champions League qualification, to go with last week's FA Cup final victory against Stoke – Mancini said Tevez was not about to make his final appearance for the club.

"I don't think it will be Carlos's last game," said Mancini. "On Tuesday, I told you all my opinion and I am sure about this. But I can't continue to have a press conference to answer this question. I have spoken with Carlos. I have spoken with him many times in the last weeks and I don't need to speak with him again."

Mancini is not entirely convinced about the quotes emerging from Argentina, attributed to Tevez, that indicate that the player sees his future as being elsewhere.

"I don't know if he has said these things," Mancini said. "Sometimes I have spoken to journalists in Italy and when the comments come back here, it is something completely different. I understand it can happen because of the translation. We have many important players; Carlos, Yaya Touré, David Silva, James Milner, Nigel de Jong. We want them all to stay here."

Mancini also ruled out a move for Cristiano Ronaldo this summer. After two seasons without any significant silverware at Real Madrid, it has been claimed that the Portuguese forward is ready to leave the Bernabéu. A £150m price tag is said to have been put on a player who cost Real a world record £80m when he left Manchester United after the 2009 Champions League final.

Mancini laughed at suggestions that he might be interested in signing Ronaldo. "We have signed Cristiano Ronaldo for £200m," joked the Italian. "I said after the FA Cup final, I would like to sign Ronaldo, [Lionel] Messi, [Cesc] Fábregas and [Andres] Iniesta. I don't think it is possible. I don't know why this has come out. I don't know anything about it. Cristiano Ronaldo is a fantastic player but I don't think he will leave Real Madrid."

We all know Mancini is stubborn and inflexible.

Until De Niro tells him to change of course ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXfSgaM_jepWW3HHRqm0mnuK[/youtube]

dctid said:
Impeccable said:
One simple question...

Who is going to buy him and pay his wages?

Wages are negogiable - the transfer fee is the problem but what we dont know is what deal was struck between Tevez and City for him to recind his transfer request

He has had his pay day - Inter could probably afford him although a player swap is more likely and if we get that big nosed lazy sedish twat in return i would be fookin gutted - Sneijder and some dosh may be a different issue

Ibrahimovich doesnt play for Inter any more, Mourinho fucked him off to Barce a couple of years ago and they have loaned him to ACMilan

FantasyIreland said:
guardian.co.uk, Friday 20 May 2011 15.26 BST

The Manchester City manager, Roberto Mancini, is standing by his claim that Carlos Tevez will not leave the club this summer.

After Tuesday's 3-0 Premier League win over Stoke City, in which Tevez scored two goals, Mancini said that the Argentinian striker had told him he wanted to stay. Within 24 hours, Tevez's representatives were claiming in private that the striker had said nothing of the sort.

Tevez was subsequently reported to have told an Argentinian radio station that he wanted to leave and even senior figures at City now wonder if Tevez's trusted adviser, Kia Joorabchian, is trying to find a club willing to pay the vast transfer fee and wages the striker would command.

However, as he looked ahead to Sunday's match at Bolton – in which City can secure third place in the Premier League and automatic Champions League qualification, to go with last week's FA Cup final victory against Stoke – Mancini said Tevez was not about to make his final appearance for the club.

"I don't think it will be Carlos's last game," said Mancini. "On Tuesday, I told you all my opinion and I am sure about this. But I can't continue to have a press conference to answer this question. I have spoken with Carlos. I have spoken with him many times in the last weeks and I don't need to speak with him again."

Mancini is not entirely convinced about the quotes emerging from Argentina, attributed to Tevez, that indicate that the player sees his future as being elsewhere.

"I don't know if he has said these things," Mancini said. "Sometimes I have spoken to journalists in Italy and when the comments come back here, it is something completely different. I understand it can happen because of the translation. We have many important players; Carlos, Yaya Touré, David Silva, James Milner, Nigel de Jong. We want them all to stay here."

Mancini also ruled out a move for Cristiano Ronaldo this summer. After two seasons without any significant silverware at Real Madrid, it has been claimed that the Portuguese forward is ready to leave the Bernabéu. A £150m price tag is said to have been put on a player who cost Real a world record £80m when he left Manchester United after the 2009 Champions League final.

Mancini laughed at suggestions that he might be interested in signing Ronaldo. "We have signed Cristiano Ronaldo for £200m," joked the Italian. "I said after the FA Cup final, I would like to sign Ronaldo, [Lionel] Messi, [Cesc] Fábregas and [Andres] Iniesta. I don't think it is possible. I don't know why this has come out. I don't know anything about it. Cristiano Ronaldo is a fantastic player but I don't think he will leave Real Madrid."

For the hard of reading

It is possible btw that the reason Tevez is not saying anything YET is becuase he has not decided YET. Yes he has told Bobby he WANTS to stay for football reasons, but he will also find it easier to move to Italy or Spain cos that's how he will see more of his kids, so he also WANTS to move for family reasons. I guess he will say something openly when he has actually decided.

BringBackSwales said:
It is possible btw that the reason Tevez is not saying anything YET is becuase he has not decided YET. Yes he has told Bobby he WANTS to stay for football reasons, but he will also find it easier to move to Italy or Spain cos that's how he will see more of his kids, so he also WANTS to move for family reasons. I guess he will say something openly when he has actually decided.

The Italian clubs don't have the money. Which leaves Spain. It's debatable if they can actually afford him either.

Bluemooner33 said:
Has no one worked out it's a re-hash from Jan yet????

Yes! its the media bollocks rehash! selling papers is what its all about they don't give a toss if its factual or not...........

Bluemooner33 said:
Has no one worked out it's a re-hash from Jan yet????

I am hopeful of that but why are even the broadsheets running with it? Tbh they generally have a bit more nous than that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.