CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Not long to go before we play Real Madrid in Champions League. Then we will see whether UEFA want to start playing fair with us or not. I am just not sure that UEFA will play fair with Manchester City when this game takes place next Friday.

I just hope that UEFA want to start playing fair with Manchester City, then maybe we'll stop booing that UEFA anthem. Some how I can't see that that will be happening any time soon.

Right...I think I've figured out what all these delays are about. The final report is absolutely devastating to UEFA; it exposes the whole filthy conspiracy against the club; the reputations of the IC and the AC are blown out of the water; certain high-ranking officials are named and shamed, their football careers effectively over. City has UEFA by the balls, we know it and they know it.
So high-level negotiations are taking place even as I write this. And the eventual outcome? Mark my words, you read it here first folks...the report never sees the light of day and City win the CL this year! I only hope that none of these negotiations are happening by email! ;-)
I hope you are wrong about us winning the Cup because of negotiations as it makes us no better than the G14. Imho.

I hope you are wrong about us winning the Cup because of negotiations as it makes us no better than the G14. Imho.
But is that not what we have always wanted though to be accepted into the gang ? You can only win the chumps league if you are in the gang .

But is that not what we have always wanted though to be accepted into the gang ? You can only win the chumps league if you are in the gang .

Time to break the mould and win it fair and square. We don't want there to be 'a gang'

Time to break the mould and win it fair and square. We don't want there to be 'a gang'
Nothing i would like better than to win it fair and square, but as it stands that is not going to happen, it will be interesting to see how we are reffed against Madrid though because that could give us a clue as to how things are between us and uefa .

Not for me. The bit I wanted to see is the bit that’s out. It made no difference to how we are perceived with the media and other fans and I didn’t expect it to. A more detailed report will make no difference either. Most intelligent rival fans don’t even understand the basics and the media choose to not understand.

City won’t object to the full report being published but I don’t think they will push for it either. The important thing is we won and going over the fine detail of how we won will do as much harm as good imho.

I can understand us City fans being interested out of curiosity but not us expecting it to make a difference in other people’s eyes. People believe what they want to believe rather than what actually happened. When social media and tribal rivalry are thrown into the mix there is no chance of anyone changing their minds let alone apologising (other than the odd person who has already done so)

If City had worked out it would be beneficial to the club to take on a governing body a second time or another club they would do it. They have taken on UEFA at CAS and won and I don’t think there is much appetite to shine a light on UEFA as they have already said they would prefer to work with them hence the subsequent reported calls between them.

As much as City fans would relish the opportunity to smash home our victory in practical terms it doesn’t work like that.

If the full report is published then the media and rival fans will pore over it looking for the bits that cast City in a bad light and ignore the 90% of it that exonerates us, just as they have with the initial statement. To expect some sort of 'road to Damascus' conversion by all the haters is fanciful. So, given that it is unlikely to make any difference to the court of public opinion why not, as other have suggested, use it for some political advantage with UEFA?

I don't know if you saw his post, but Tolmie said the upper management are all on holiday this week and presumably not expecting anything important, so this week seems unlikely for the CAS report.

I'm not sure what in the judgement will be that awful, as we already know that a number of points were time-barred, and the other significant ones were unsupported. That all but tells us that they had no evidence of note, but proceeded anyway.

I would think that CAS would only comment on the charges, and whether the CFCB had abided by their rules. Unless a witness was presented who was laughable, I don't really see why they would make any mention of individuals.

I'm not sure what in the judgement will be that awful, as we already know that a number of points were time-barred, and the other significant ones were unsupported. That all but tells us that they had no evidence of note, but proceeded anyway.

I would think that CAS would only comment on the charges, and whether the CFCB had abided by their rules. Unless a witness was presented who was laughable, I don't really see why they would make any mention of individuals.
We could well have named Parry as the source of the leaks and our reason for non-cooperation.

We could well have named Parry as the source of the leaks and our reason for non-cooperation.

Ah, naming the leak source - whoever it is - that may make sense.

I'm just not sure why it would come up in the appeal, unless they had something which clearly indicated clearly prejudicial action by the CFCB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.