CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

EVERY debate and argument should result in this statement: "MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES"

That's all we need to know. CAS aren't gonna put that in bold letters at the top of the initial statement if it wasn't true. I believe it was an attempt to stop the rumours that we got off on a "technicality" or whatever bitter, jealous, desperate rival fans and biased sports journos will predictably claim.
"Oh....but the fine...you still did something wrong for there to be a fine"
I look at it like this: A man get's acquitted of some offence but still get's a fine for resisting arrest. Nothing to even debate there.

"MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS "

EVERY debate and argument should result in this statement: "MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES"

That's all we need to know. CAS aren't gonna put that in bold letters at the top of the initial statement if it wasn't true. I believe it was an attempt to stop the rumours that we got off on a "technicality" or whatever bitter, jealous, desperate rival fans and biased sports journos will predictably claim.
"Oh....but the fine...you still did something wrong for there to be a fine"
I look at it like this: A man get's acquitted of some offence but still get's a fine for resisting arrest. Nothing to even debate there.

"MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS "
To steal someone else’s analogy. It’s like being acquitted of murder but being found guilty of refusing to help the policeman that was trying to fabricate evidence against you.

What do you mean ? What was funny or ridiculous about the post ?
Do you really think that dirty tricks by other clubs formed part of our appeal at CAS?
In the highly unlikely event that the tricks were entered into our appeal, do you really think that Uefa would expose themselves to the ridicule the poster suggested?
On what grounds do you think an appeal to the Swiss court would be mounted?
What chance do you think such an appeal has of succeeding? (95% of appeals from CAS to the court fail).
I was not referring just to his last post, he has produced a string of outlandish ideas, including regular calls for us to sue everybody in sight till they run out of money.
Pure fantasy, man.

Last edited:
To steal someone else’s analogy. It’s like being acquitted of murder but being found guilty of refusing to help the policeman that was trying to fabricate evidence against you.
Yeah, that's more of an accurate analogy.
Football experts in the future, looking back on these times, WON'T have that bias and will talk about how they tried to stop City with dirty tricks, but good won over evil in the end. Truth will win over their lies eventually.

Good God, it was in danger of slipping off the 1st page!

What happened to the 'former UEFA employee' who could hardly string together two readable sentences on here? Did he get bounced? Sorry, can't remember the muppets name.

Edit: never mind, found him. @mancitymax still spouting shite in the transfer forum now.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.