Category one tickets sold out

totallywired said:
Why does everybody want Cat 1 tickets? As long as i`m in the ground and as far away from the lifeless twats in the corpo as possible i will be happy.
Cos if you're spending approx £75 travelling down, £10 or so difference on ticket costs is less important. I'm hoping to get £50 tickets behind the goal

danebanksheik said:
kippaxkid74 said:
But even others who did get cat 1, they seem to only have row 10 and below.
What happened to row 11 to 40 then? City kept them all for corporate and family? B'stards eh :(

So you own a football club and your regular customers pay you up to £500 a year to watch your games and then some right utter bastard comes along and gives you £40,000 for him and a few mates to sit in your best seats and at every game he spends £100 or more on drinks or a meal and then he comes along, and can you fuckin believe the cheek, asks you for a decent ticket for a cup semi final. What a c*nt, so you tell him to do one.
Question : How many boxes are filled next season?

Bollocks. The stadium holds 47,000. - avg 3-5 thousand away tickets depending on the game.

Gives you say avg 43 thousand home fans. Of those 35,000 buy season tickets between £200-£600 so say avg £400. 35,000 x 400 = 14,000,000. Then there are say another 7 thousand who fill the rest of the stadium and pay alot more than most season ticket holders so avg 30 a game. So not including cup competitions 30 x 19 = 570 x 7000 = 3,990,000

Then on top of the 17,990,000 made from the gate you have the beer and food people buy at matches so if each of the 47,000 spends on avg £20 each game. 47,000 x 20 = 940.000 x 19 = 17,860,000.

Now on top of that add the shirts, scarfs, gloves, footballs, teddies, car stickers, programmes, jeans, jackets, shirt printing, iphone apps and the countless other shit the fans buy and tell me it makes business sense to look after the 15 guys who pay 40,000 for a box and just so your aware you get your food and drink included in a box and other corp packages so theres no extra 100 a match like it would even matter.

Marvin said:
totallywired said:
Why does everybody want Cat 1 tickets? As long as i`m in the ground and as far away from the lifeless twats in the corpo as possible i will be happy.
Cos if you're spending approx £75 travelling down, £10 or so difference on ticket costs is less important. I'm hoping to get £50 tickets behind the goal
Are they Cat 1 ?

We got at Cat1 ticket for each of our corporate seats (8 in total). We were never asked if we wanted Cat2/Cat3, but we'd have had them if there hadn't have been any Cat1's - likelihood is that we'll be close to the dividing line with Utd fans.

Ashton287 said:
Bollocks. The stadium holds 47,000. - avg 3-5 thousand away tickets depending on the game.

Gives you say avg 43 thousand home fans. Of those 35,000 buy season tickets between £200-£600 so say avg £400. 35,000 x 400 = 14,000,000. Then there are say another 7 thousand who fill the rest of the stadium and pay alot more than most season ticket holders so avg 30 a game. So not including cup competitions 30 x 19 = 570 x 7000 = 3,990,000
Sorry I'm not sure what you are comparing your figures with? at most the regular fan pays 570 a season whilst the corporate man pays 5000 a season?

Ashton287 said:
Then on top of the 17,990,000 made from the gate you have the beer and food people buy at matches so if each of the 47,000 spends on avg £20 each game. 47,000 x 20 = 940.000 x 19 = 17,860,000.
Really? 47,000 people spend £20 each at every game?

Ashton287 said:
Now on top of that add the shirts, scarfs, gloves, footballs, teddies, car stickers, programmes, jeans, jackets, shirt printing, iphone apps and the countless other shit the fans buy and tell me it makes business sense to look after the 15 guys who pay 40,000 for a box and just so your aware you get your food and drink included in a box and other corp packages so theres no extra 100 a match like it would even matter.
40k is for the box wihout food and drink

kippaxkid74 said:
^ i posted this in another thread

reposted below, inc what i quoted to reply from -

kbb said:
All gone (the £60 ones)

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Travel/2011/March/FA-Cup-semi-final-ticket-news-reminder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Tickets-and-Trav ... s-reminder</a>

complete swizz!

stoke and bolton had 3900 ish of those, so we must have had similar.. notice how we never released numbers like the other clubs did.

Name me one person who got to buy a cat 1 ticket above row 10 today? Anyone? People first in the queue? I was served at the window at 9.45 and if you read previous posts you know how that went! Only a maximum of 342 tickets (if everyone bought 6) could have been bought before i got to the window (not inc phones, but still, the phones can't have sold that many in 45 minutes!)
But even others who did get cat 1, they seem to only have row 10 and below.
What happened to row 11 to 40 then? City kept them all for corporate and family? B'stards eh :(

I got a Cat1 at about 4pm on Saturday. A single, for me, on me own, CDS! I don't know anyone at the club. I just thought it was a good price for one of those smokey blue seats.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
My concern is that as many City fans as possible get to attend this game and that it is determined in the fairest way possible.

Now, it seems your opinion is that it only concerns you that a decent chunk of City fans get to go but then you aren't bothered that a large chunk of tickets then get distributed, some free of charge to as many freeloaders and hangers on as possible.

Let me repeat, businesses rarely 'reward' their staff at the expense of access to the product for their loyal, paying customer.

So when you have a limited product, yeah, I don't want someone who may or may not be a City fan, or may call themselves a City fan purely because they have a bit of affinity to their workplace, getting to jump the queue ahead of a proper fan.

I also find it a bit strange that you also seem to think that someone who has a season ticket with a low amount of points is worthy of your disparaging attempts to criticise their loyalty and worthiness of attending, yet you are quite happy to stand up for the right of some steward or ticket office employee, who may or may not be a City fan, who may or may not have a real interest in football, who may or may not have been interested in going if it meant sorting themselves out, in their place.

Strange choices of which one to defend and which one to attack.

You can also cut out the "here's your day out, hope you realise the passion we have for the club" rhetoric, as if it is some sort of Road to Damacus crusade with tear jerking music when some free loader decides that they might actually become a proper fan as Howard Webb blows the full time whistle. If you have to stoop to that to justify it then you know you are struggling.

And if you think that the club are going to hold a ballot for stewards, draw out a winner, it happen to be a rag and then take the ticket off him then you must be mental. There would be uproar. And rightly so.

So, to summarise, I want the season ticket holder who is next in line, who will be missing out on this game, say with 2500 points, to get the opportunity to go to this game.

You, on the other hand want him to miss out and, in his place, a random employee (AND THEIR GUEST), regardless of whether they are a fan or have an interest in football or not, to go. Oh, and for free.

So, when you start banging on about there being a points system in place and defending people missing out because they don't have enough points, think about how stupid that sounds when you want them to miss out for people with zero points (AND THEIR GUESTS).

(PS: why do I get the impression you have a vested interest in this?)

sorry, had to go out so couldnt reply earlier. I can assure you I dont have a vested interest. I queued up yesterday for mine. No one i know works for the club in any capacity.
I am not banging on about anything, you chose to make a point and I responded why I had no problem with the club allocating tickets to staff. If you only wanted people to reply who agreed with you then you should have said so.

You asked that I imagine someone who has been coming for years but doesn't have many points, I cant see that this is a real person because if they are a season ticket holder and therefore entitled to a semi ticket, they would surely have sufficient points if they have been coming for years. If they are not a season ticket holder then they will only get a ticket if there are a lot of season ticket holders dont go but then if they dont have a lot of points they are unlikely to get a ticket anyway so I dont see why you feel they should get a ticket.
Now I note you throw in the scenario of a season ticket holder with 2500 points, this is entirely different. If you must have my opinion I think that they will get the opportunity to buy a ticket.

Ashton287 said:
danebanksheik said:
So you own a football club and your regular customers pay you up to £500 a year to watch your games and then some right utter bastard comes along and gives you £40,000 for him and a few mates to sit in your best seats and at every game he spends £100 or more on drinks or a meal and then he comes along, and can you fuckin believe the cheek, asks you for a decent ticket for a cup semi final. What a c*nt, so you tell him to do one.
Question : How many boxes are filled next season?

fcukin hell its rain man :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.