Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

Premier League proven.......

Stoke away......

Brazilians can't play in England......

etc. etc.

I'm glad we signed Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Nastasic, Zabaleta and Kompany instead of Premier League proven myself. :)

Caveman said:
bodak said:
Just to re-iterate a previous poster we have 3 strikers who are more than capable (and have proved so) of scoring 20 goals + in a season. We have the creativity of Silva, Navas and Nasri (I dispute the fact he is not a good player) and if we manage to get Isco as well then what a superb attacking force we'd be. So why do we actually need Cavani? If we do get him (I personally think its another Sanchez scenario - sorry to sound negative) then even better but I still think with the above and some tinkering at the back (we need another CB) then we'll be strong.

I get the feeling that every time a (supposed) world class player becomes available we should just sign him and if we dont then we've failed (and its all Marwood's fault).
I don't want him. We will be paying one up front and I want that to be Kun. We will be playing three behind a main striker and I don't want one of those three to be Kun as it's not his best position. We will have three of Nasri Navas Silva and possibly Isco to choose from and I'm certain that after a while Milner's qualities will get him games, he's too valuable a player not to be important for us. That doesn't offer a place to Cavani, for me.
no place in the city line up for Cavani ? seriously i have heard it all now.

Caveman said:
bodak said:
Just to re-iterate a previous poster we have 3 strikers who are more than capable (and have proved so) of scoring 20 goals + in a season. We have the creativity of Silva, Navas and Nasri (I dispute the fact he is not a good player) and if we manage to get Isco as well then what a superb attacking force we'd be. So why do we actually need Cavani? If we do get him (I personally think its another Sanchez scenario - sorry to sound negative) then even better but I still think with the above and some tinkering at the back (we need another CB) then we'll be strong.

I get the feeling that every time a (supposed) world class player becomes available we should just sign him and if we dont then we've failed (and its all Marwood's fault).
I don't want him. We will be paying one up front and I want that to be Kun. We will be playing three behind a main striker and I don't want one of those three to be Kun as it's not his best position. We will have three of Nasri Navas Silva and possibly Isco to choose from and I'm certain that after a while Milner's qualities will get him games, he's too valuable a player not to be important for us. That doesn't offer a place eto Cavani, for me.
Now i understand your choice of nickname. You do know that Pellegrini prefer to play with TWO strikers right?

Caveman said:
bodak said:

I don't want him. We will be paying one up front and I want that to be Kun. We will be playing three behind a main striker and I don't want one of those three to be Kun as it's not his best position. We will have three of Nasri Navas Silva and possibly Isco to choose from and I'm certain that after a while Milner's qualities will get him games, he's too valuable a player not to be important for us. That doesn't offer a place to Cavani, for me.

Lets hope Aguero doesn't get injured then eh?

ballinio said:
Caveman said:
bodak said:

May as well get rid of Kun then? No point hindering his career with him being on our bench, is there? Because if we play Cavani, there's no place for Agüero in our team.

ballinio said:
Caveman said:
bodak said:

Based on the previous post is he better then Aguero then? Obviously you know categorically that he'll simply come over, slot in and score 50 goals?

Caveman said:
ballinio said:
Caveman said:
May as well get rid of Kun then? No point hindering his career with him being on our bench, is there? Because if we play Cavani, there's no place for Agüero in our team.
WTF. Pellegrini playes with two strikers.

Caveman said:

Why not? Are you assuming we will strictly follow the 4-3-3 with one striker format? Soriano has said the first team manager will NOT be forced into any one formation and will have tactical freedom. We could easily play Aguero behind Cavani like he played behind Forlan with great success. There is no way Aguero will be benched so don't you think our pursuit of a top striker is with playing them both in mind?

In 2min 20seconds, I've seen Cavani more active than Dzeko in the last 5 games of last season... Run, track back, .... He's worth is value in my mind, no doubts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.