Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

I reckon ADL has set a deadline and until then he will knock back bids and wait for them to go up and up... then take the best bid on that deadline. Cavani wants to leave, his mother has said it, several journalists have said it (an article yesterday I read said Cavani feels trapped by his release clause), and I reckon when he signed his new contract last year there would have been a gentleman's agreement to let him go in future at the best possible price. If Cavani stays with Napoli until the end of his long-term contract he will be 30 and will probably have wasted his career compared to his potential success. Napoli might win Serie A one year but looking at Juve and Milan, that won't be easy. They'll never win the Champions League on their budget.

LoveCity said:
bodak said:
LoveCity said:
Why not? Are you assuming we will strictly follow the 4-3-3 with one striker format? Soriano has said the first team manager will NOT be forced into any one formation and will have tactical freedom. We could easily play Aguero behind Cavani like he played behind Forlan with great success. There is no way Aguero will be benched so don't you think our pursuit of a top striker is with playing them both in mind?

I hadnt realised we no longer have Dzeko and Tevez.

Well Tevez is in serious talks with Milan and it looks more than likely he's heading to Serie A. As for Dzeko, I don't know what his future holds but Cavani is a superior footballer to Dzeko and anyone who has watched both regularly will surely agree. Napoli are the Serie A team I follow closest so have seen a lot of Cavani and there are a lot of myths about him, such as how he can only score counter attacking goals (nope). There is not one aspect Dzeko is superior to Cavani in, not even in the air despite his height.

With the correct service Dzeko will do really well (I say this even though every week I bemoan the fact his second touch is always a tackle).

We all appreciate the fact that if he leaves he will be a success elsewhere so why's that? We are now assembling the correct team around him so can this not work?

As for Tevez you obviously know more than me.

Caveman said:
zeven said:
Caveman said:
May as well get rid of Kun then? No point hindering his career with him being on our bench, is there? Because if we play Cavani, there's no place for Agüero in our team.
WTF. Pellegrini playes with two strikers.
He plays 4231.
So did we the last two season and still with two strikers

bodak said:
With the correct service Dzeko will do really well (I say this even though every week I bemoan the fact his second touch is always a tackle).

We all appreciate the fact that if he leaves he will be a success elsewhere so why's that? We are now assembling the correct team around him so can this not work?

Perhaps he might do well but we have the chance to sign someone much better who giants of European football are after, so why not pursue the chance? And if we fail and if no one else better than Dzeko is available, persist with Dzeko. But we shouldn't stand still when a clear upgrade is on the market, we should and seem to be pursuing the player. That's just what top clubs do, always look to improve in every part of the pitch.

LoveCity said:
bodak said:

Perhaps he might do well but we have the chance to sign someone much better who giants of European football are after, so why not pursue the chance? And if we fail and if no one else better than Dzeko is available, persist with Dzeko. But we shouldn't stand still when a clear upgrade is on the market, we should and seem to be pursuing the player. That's just what top clubs do, always look to improve in every part of the pitch.

Surely the fact 'the giants of european football' are after him shouldnt be the reason we go for him. Or should we just chase all players Real Madrid, Barca, PSG etc. are after just because we have money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.