Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

NipHolmes said:
I can't believe how narrowminded some people are who base an opinion of Cavani on last night's performance. Humidity of 80+, monsoon rain and the best team of all time passing the ball and moving it around for the whole game. Basically last night is the kind of game scouts write off.

I hope Madrid are as fickle too, that way we get a clear run for the player.

Can't believe what I've read I really can't.
The advantage of last night is that if Real Madrid are in two minds , they might look at Suarez or alternatives.

Are we not allowed to comment on his game? It was poor. And not only because he was starved of the ball. Suarez did well.

This is not the first time he has struggled for Uruguay.

His performances for Napoli have been outstanding. But we was poor last night.

Very poor last night couldnt pass, control, make space. On that evidence its a no from me, but his club record is second to none so its a yes. 10 mil + Dzeko

Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
I can't believe how narrowminded some people are who base an opinion of Cavani on last night's performance. Humidity of 80+, monsoon rain and the best team of all time passing the ball and moving it around for the whole game. Basically last night is the kind of game scouts write off.

I hope Madrid are as fickle too, that way we get a clear run for the player.

Can't believe what I've read I really can't.
The advantage of last night is that if Real Madrid are in two minds , they might look at Suarez or alternatives.

Are we not allowed to comment on his game? It was poor. And not only because he was starved of the ball. Suarez did well.

This is not the first time he has struggled for Uruguay.

His performances for Napoli have been outstanding. But we was poor last night.

Of course you can comment.

He was part if a team that looked terrible full stop but that was down to Spain bring immense rather than Uruguay being terrible.

Let's put into perspective, they didn't have a pre game training session, had bad journey to stadium anyway, played in horrendous conditions and against the best side in the world that's dominated world football.

I have absolutely no stock in any opinions on the player from last night. It's ridiculous to be honest and I'm laughing that people are so dense as to base a whole opinion on last night. It's like basing a judgement of City based on Southampton for instance.

There's good reason Real, Chelsea, PSG and us are linked with him and its not because of last bloody night. More to do with him being a great player.

So after last nights game he's not that good,you just couldn't make it up.

A very average side Uruguay,who only got 2 points out of there last 6 or 7 games in the World Cup qualifiers.

If you don't get the service your not going to shine.

Robbo. said:
Im wondering if many go to watch City?

Against us Cavani was brilliant, strong, powerful and scored goals. I watch the game last night against spain, yes he hardly got a say in the game, but i thought his over all contribution, his vision to bring the non existent midfielders in to play was great. He looked strong and he looked sharp at times turning spanish players only to be brought down. He almost scored with a header from a free kick, the guys looks good in a poor team.

I hate these supporters that can stay up all night exited about the prospect of signing Cavani then watch him in a below par team against the best team in the world and start calling him as hes never really had the service he deserved.

The guy would be a great signing, he ripped us apart.

they are judging him on 1 game, and you are judging that he "ripped us apart" in 2 games, in neither case is the sample that large. Personal view, based on also only seeing him a few times is that he is very good, better than last night showed in a poor team performance, but in no way would I see him as worth close to €60M

Marvin said:
Robbo. said:
Im wondering if many go to watch City?

Against us Cavani was brilliant, strong, powerful and scored goals. I watch the game last night against spain, yes he hardly got a say in the game, but i thought his over all contribution, his vision to bring the non existent midfielders in to play was great. He looked strong and he looked sharp at times turning spanish players only to be brought down. He almost scored with a header from a free kick, the guys looks good in a poor team.

I hate these supporters that can stay up all night exited about the prospect of signing Cavani then watch him in a below par team against the best team in the world and start calling him as hes never really had the service he deserved.

The guy would be a great signing, he ripped us apart.
I'm wondering if you watched that game. His overall contribution and his vision to bring the non existent midfielders into play was no-existent.

Commentator described him as disappointing. For a player who is supposedly worth £50 plus million it was a very poor performance.

I know he played very well against us twice, and his record in Serie A is amazing, but last night he was very poor. Yes he didn't get the ball much, but when he did get it his touch, control and use of the ball was poor

Thats the problem right there, you may wanna watch the game instead of listerning to the commentators. You are looking for reasons not to buy him rather than reasons to buy him. The guy was in a shabby team last night, did you watch him when he came to the etihad?

and by the way I did watch the game.

Either way you both seem to be judging a player on 1 game? Surely this is nearly as dangerous as judging based on you tube clips?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.