Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

Robbo. said:
BringBackSwales said:
Robbo. said:
Im not judging him on two games he played against us I am just stating a point. I have been keeping a close eye on him since we have been interested.

out of interest (and you may well have seen more of his full games than I have) do you really think he is worth €60M?

No if im honest, but will he improve what we have? yes! I dont think any player is worth that amount but its not really what we think he's worth, its what our owners think.

we have to be mindful of what we spend due to ffp, which as the last summer window proved is taken seriously at City, and on that basis I would rather spread the money on more players, just a personal view

A very good player but not worth the transfer fee ADL has placed on him, and this is not based on the one game. If I get lynched for my point of view then so be it.

Ray78 said:
A very good player but not worth the transfer fee ADL has placed on him, and this is not based on the one game. If I get lynched for my point of view then so be it.

Have to agree Ray, I honestly think that we have made our offer to Napoli for Cavani - and it is now up to Napoli to accept it or not.

Smithy34 said:
Ray78 said:

Have to agree Ray, I honestly think that we have made our offer to Napoli for Cavani - and it is now up to Napoli to accept it or not.

Imo the problem is that last season Mancini insisted on RVP, a very difficult transfer, & Hazard, another very difficult transfer, & we didn't seem to have a plan B, so ended up with a set of mids & defenders but no new attackers.

Cavani is not the only striker in the world & Isco is not the only creative talent. I hope that this year we have strong backup for both.

For a Cavani we could get an Isco, a Lewandowski and a Tevez for 12 months. Not saying any of those 3 players want to be here (although they could well do) but when put into that context he is vastly overpriced.

We should be talking about somewhere in the £20-30m bracket.

Cavani imo is a 40m player and my valuation is similar to City and Real else the clause would have been paid and the players move sorted. It's not and it drags on.

Just doesn't make sense for people to start changing perspectives on the player after one game. A game against the faves for WC who were better prepared for the game and have a more fluid system.

I still can't believe national team games are seen as a gauge on a player's talent too. It's an indication but not a thorough scout. Milan Baros looked like Messi ffs. You then get Wayne Rooney who looks like a fan who's managed to blag onto the pitch yet he's been a top player in the league for the last 5+ seasons. England are woeful and we have two midfielders who are incapable of playing together yet both have won the CL ffs.

Perspective and context. That's what's needed.

Anyway, back to Cavani, I hope the pad flops the whole tournament personally and we get the player for 40m. Next season people will change tunes like the fucking tide.

NipHolmes said:
Cavani imo is a 40m player and my valuation is similar to City and Real else the clause would have been paid and the players move sorted. It's not and it drags on.

Just doesn't make sense for people to start changing perspectives on the player after one game. A game against the faves for WC who were better prepared for the game and have a more fluid system.

I still can't believe national team games are seen as a gauge on a player's talent too. It's an indication but not a thorough scout. Milan Baros looked like Messi ffs. You then get Wayne Rooney who looks like a fan who's managed to blag onto the pitch yet he's been a top player in the league for the last 5+ seasons. England are woeful and we have two midfielders who are incapable of playing together yet both have won the CL ffs.

Perspective and context. That's what's needed.

Anyway, back to Cavani, I hope the pad flops the whole tournament personally and we get the player for 40m. Next season people will change tunes like the fucking tide.
OK, but when Isco plays fantastically well at U21 level, then the excited comments of fans (myself included) should also be qualified by it's just one game

I do think there is a bit of an issue with Cavani's performances for the national team. I have not seen him play as well for the national team as he has for Napoli. Therefore he maybe one of those players who excels in a very specific role and has to feel good about himself. Just wondering aloud.

The other debit side to Cavani is that if we play him down the middle, then what happens to Aguero

By the way I agreed with your view of Isco. I thought he was fantastc so I'm not being awkward - just calling it as I see it

If we don't sign Cavani and we struggle next season he will be the one that got away! I think we will be a better team next season either way. Aguero has a shocker by his standards and he will improve. The addition of Navas and Fernandinho will mean if we do keep Dzeko, his abilities will be utilised. But Cavani would no doubt make us a better side. I agree though, £40m should be the limit. He is not worth his buyout.

Marvin. Isco plays for a team that's better together than the Uruguay NT is. Isco can at least rely on his team to fight for possession and then do something with the ball. Isco has been fabulous in every game so far but also for the club for last two seasons.

You can scout a players talent, judgement and flaws in national games but club football is the gauging stick for players. National games just give us the chance to see players we don't get to see much of like Bernard, Moratta, Paulinho etc.

You make a very, very valid point about central play. This is where Cavani plays. Imo Aguero would have to be played off him or to his right. I'm not hugely comfortable with this as Balotelli was similar and he and Aguero didn't really work. However Lavezzi was incredible alongside Cavani and I hope that's what ee get in an Aguero partnership, similar link up play and goals.

----------------Cavani----------------------
------------------------------Aguero--------
Isco------------------------------------------
-----------------Silva------------------------
--------------Dinho--Yaya----------------

That would be my mid and attack. With Silva drifted to the right when Aguero drifts centrally. Isco coming in and out the flank. We need fullbacks to GRAFT to make this successful. Imo Richards suits it better than Zab.

Ideally 4-2-3-1 is played but can't see Aguero or Cavani being happy with being dropped.

I'm actually more keen to wrap up Isco at a cost rather than worry about Cavani. Isco imo gives us more of what we need and Dzeko is an alternative to Cavani we already have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.