Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

Armaan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Salford_Blue said:
My feelings too. Dzeko is a top notch player. He is just as good as Cavani. On last season no, but one indifferent season does not a shite player make.

A new manager who will play expansive footie will suit him down to the ground and save us millions.

Why spend for the sake of it?
No he isn't, Cavani is on a different level to Dzeko. Think some people forget how bad Dzeko's overall play was at times last season.
Believe me Cavani in that same set up would be just as shit. Neither are tippy tappy backs to the goal type strikers. Look at how Cavani was yesterday was with shit service, Dzeko's been dealing with that for a very long time.

City have not been playing like Uruguay v Spain with 20% possession, chasing the ball.

We dominate possession in most games. We don't play to Dzeko's strengths but he could & should have been better. Cavani would be much better for City than for Uruguay.

Armaan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Salford_Blue said:
My feelings too. Dzeko is a top notch player. He is just as good as Cavani. On last season no, but one indifferent season does not a shite player make.

A new manager who will play expansive footie will suit him down to the ground and save us millions.

Why spend for the sake of it?
No he isn't, Cavani is on a different level to Dzeko. Think some people forget how bad Dzeko's overall play was at times last season.
Believe me Cavani in that same set up would be just as shit. Neither are tippy tappy backs to the goal type strikers. Look at how Cavani was yesterday was with shit service, Dzeko's been dealing with that for a very long time.
Dzeko's service was light years ahead of what Uruguay was providing yesterday. I get there's this knee-jerk reaction to absolve Dzeko of anything and everything as well as blame the manager, other players, God, Satan, The New York Stock Exchange, Osama Bin Laden, the Easter Bunny, global warming, and Japanese whaling ventures for any goof he makes on the pitch, but let's not compare City's attack to Uruguay's especially when it's against the Spanish national team.

avoidconfusion said:
€63m then... still WAY too much.

Get Dzeko performing like he did in Germany where the manager knew how to use him and we don't need Cavani.

If you drop Dzeko or rotate him for a minute he loses all momentum. That's the biggest flaw to his game. If he could combat that I'd agree. At his most confident Edin is unplayable. But the thing about Cavani is he gets a chance he scores his work rate is fantastic and his stamina is phenomenal.

Radio CRC,according to tuttomercato web,are saying Napoli like the offer of €40 million and dzeko.....says something about convincing the player to come to Naples......they have deffo got mertens....dzeko and mertens would be great playing together....I think we may be close to summat here....

NipHolmes said:
rastus said:
NipHolmes said:
Marvin. Isco plays for a team that's better together than the Uruguay NT is. Isco can at least rely on his team to fight for possession and then do something with the ball. Isco has been fabulous in every game so far but also for the club for last two seasons.

You can scout a players talent, judgement and flaws in national games but club football is the gauging stick for players. National games just give us the chance to see players we don't get to see much of like Bernard, Moratta, Paulinho etc.

You make a very, very valid point about central play. This is where Cavani plays. Imo Aguero would have to be played off him or to his right. I'm not hugely comfortable with this as Balotelli was similar and he and Aguero didn't really work. However Lavezzi was incredible alongside Cavani and I hope that's what ee get in an Aguero partnership, similar link up play and goals.

----------------Cavani----------------------
------------------------------Aguero--------
Isco------------------------------------------
-----------------Silva------------------------
--------------Dinho--Yaya----------------

That would be my mid and attack. With Silva drifted to the right when Aguero drifts centrally. Isco coming in and out the flank. We need fullbacks to GRAFT to make this successful. Imo Richards suits it better than Zab.

Ideally 4-2-3-1 is played but can't see Aguero or Cavani being happy with being dropped.

I'm actually more keen to wrap up Isco at a cost rather than worry about Cavani. Isco imo gives us more of what we need and Dzeko is an alternative to Cavani we already have.
And Navas? I dont think that will be the line up.

----------------Aguero---------------------
----Isco---------------------------------
------------------------------------Navas------
-----------------Silva------------------------
--------------Dinho--Yaya----------------

Where's Cavani?

In Brazil.

waspish said:
Yeah think Dzeko set his heart on going back to Germany so he would need persuading...

Maybe so but it's liklely that the offer would be made giving a cash value for Dzeko, i.e. our offer is something like €55m with say €40m cash plus an asset of €15m in Dzeko. If Dzeko won't move or can't agree terms with Napoli we pay them €55m cash.

taconinja said:
Armaan said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Dzeko's service was light years ahead of what Uruguay was providing yesterday. I get there's this knee-jerk reaction to absolve Dzeko of anything and everything as well as blame the manager, other players, God, Satan, The New York Stock Exchange, Osama Bin Laden, the Easter Bunny, global warming, and Japanese whaling ventures for any goof he makes on the pitch, but let's not compare City's attack to Uruguay's especially when it's against the Spanish national team.

Cavani's record for the National Team is 13 career goals in 3300+ minutes. He's a great stiker, but you see two different tales of a player, in Napoli where he has no competition up top and where everything is build around him to make him succeed, and in the National Team where he's sharing the load with other world great/world-class striker.

adorado30 said:
taconinja said:
Armaan said:

Cavani's record for the National Team is 13 career goals in 3300+ minutes. He's a great stiker, but you see two different tales of a player, in Napoli where he has no competition up top and where everything is build around him to make him succeed, and in the National Team where he's sharing the load with other world great/world-class striker.
That really has nothing to do with what I said.

RAI radio: From London comes significant news of an imminent meeting between Chelsea and Napoli for Cavani. At the moment the only offer Napoli have had which would be considered acceptable is the Dzeko plus 40m euros, but player is at the moment refusing to move to Italy. At this meeting, Chelsea could clinch the deal, but now, Man City offer is ahead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.