Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

taconinja said:
adorado30 said:
taconinja said:
Dzeko's service was light years ahead of what Uruguay was providing yesterday. I get there's this knee-jerk reaction to absolve Dzeko of anything and everything as well as blame the manager, other players, God, Satan, The New York Stock Exchange, Osama Bin Laden, the Easter Bunny, global warming, and Japanese whaling ventures for any goof he makes on the pitch, but let's not compare City's attack to Uruguay's especially when it's against the Spanish national team.

Cavani's record for the National Team is 13 career goals in 3300+ minutes. He's a great stiker, but you see two different tales of a player, in Napoli where he has no competition up top and where everything is build around him to make him succeed, and in the National Team where he's sharing the load with other world great/world-class striker.
That really has nothing to do with what I said.

Well, Uruguay doesn't play Spain every game and the service he gets isn't shit every game now is it ?

adorado30 said:
taconinja said:
adorado30 said:
Cavani's record for the National Team is 13 career goals in 3300+ minutes. He's a great stiker, but you see two different tales of a player, in Napoli where he has no competition up top and where everything is build around him to make him succeed, and in the National Team where he's sharing the load with other world great/world-class striker.

Well, Uruguay doesn't play Spain every game and the service he gets isn't shit every game now is it ?
No, but Messi traditionally doesn't do well in the national team either. I think even Ronaldo had periods where he looked a completely different player too.

Uruguay isn't a good team. If this is some lopsided argument that Dzeko is better then it's foolish. I'll reiterate that I would give up a kidney for Bosnia to have been facing Spain in this tournament because the litany of excuses and scramble to blame every single person on the face of the Earth not named Edin Dzeko would have been hilarious.

There is not much difference with the service between Napoli or Uruguay imo. Óscar Tabárez has a experience in coaching in Serie A, and like Walter Mazzarri has his side playing on the counter attack.

I am assuming that nothing has really changed since yesterday except a few more outlets or press or stating the supposed deal of cash + Dzeko for Cavani. May be varying amounts but the essence of it hasn't changed and it may be we need to persuade Dzeko it is in his interests to go there which may hamper this deal. If it does I suspect we go back to paying them cash and offloading Dzeko to Germany.

taconinja said:
adorado30 said:
taconinja said:

No, but Messi traditionally doesn't do well in the national team either. I think even Ronaldo had periods where he looked a completely different player too.

Uruguay isn't a good team. If this is some lopsided argument that Dzeko is better then it's foolish. I'll reiterate that I would give up a kidney for Bosnia to have been facing Spain in this tournament because the litany of excuses and scramble to blame every single person on the face of the Earth not named Edin Dzeko would have been hilarious.

Why are you bringing Dzeko into this, seems like alot of posters are obsessed with Dzeko these days. I tought this is Cavani's thread where we discuss him only.
Uruguay is quite good team, who regularly plays in the World cup and does quite well. If you wanna discuss why he's been poor for his national side "besides Uruguay isn't a good team" and why's he's been superb for Napoli would be a good start.

Rammyblues said:
I am assuming that nothing has really changed since yesterday except a few more outlets or press or stating the supposed deal of cash + Dzeko for Cavani. May be varying amounts but the essence of it hasn't changed and it may be we need to persuade Dzeko it is in his interests to go there which may hamper this deal. If it does I suspect we go back to paying them cash and offloading Dzeko to Germany.

Who is going to buy Dzeko in Germany? Dortmund are keeping Lewandowski now and will just let him run his contract down.

Guardiola won't buy Edin, not his style of player.

If City say to Edin we are looking to replace you, Italy will probably be his destination.

Napoli are a top side in Italy and have a good manager in Bentiez to guide them forward, it's not a bad move for him if you ask me.

taconinja said:

Messi has scored 35 goals in 82 internationals compared to 215 goals in 246 games for Barca.

Ronaldo has scored 39 goals in 104 internationals compared to 230 goals in 331 games for United and Real.

Van Persie has scored 35 goals in 76 internationals compared to 122 goals in 232 games for Arsenal and United.

Aguero has scored 18 goals in 45 internationals compared to 110 goals in 239 games for Atletico and City.

All four inferior for country than club.

Then you have...

David Healy has scored 36 goals in 94 games for Northern Ireland compared to 13 goals in 98 games for Fulham/Sunderland/Ipswich/Doncaster/Bury.

Judging a player on international football is a bit like judging a player on a pre-season friendly... it's a completely different environment really, you aren't around the players every week and that's why so many international teams don't seem to play with the same coherency as clubs.

Huntelaar has a better goals-to-games rate for Holland than Van Persie. Higuain has a better goals-to-games rate for Argentina than Messi. I think I know which of those choices people would rather have in their club side...

adorado30 said:
taconinja said:
adorado30 said:

Why are you bringing Dzeko into this, seems like alot of posters are obsessed with Dzeko these days. I tought this is Cavani's thread where we discuss him only.
Uruguay is quite good team, who regularly plays in the World cup and does quite well. If you wanna discuss why he's been poor for his national side "besides Uruguay isn't a good team" and why's he's been superb for Napoli would be a good start.
I didn't bring Dzeko into it. The poster I quoted brought Dzeko into it. It's pretty obvious that he did since he typed the player's name and all.

The Serie A could appeal to Dzeko as his boyhood idol was Shevchenko. Even though it isn't AC Milan, Napoli is still a very good choice to be successful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.