Cavani Speculation/News 3 (or 4)

kp789 said:
LoveCity said:
taconinja said:
That's sort of scary to be honest.

Some on here think that'll be enough to compete on all fronts... Aguero is 100% nailed on to regain his best form (and stay fit... after 3 separate injuries this season), Pellegrini will transform Dzeko into the best target man in the world (despite fundamental problems in Dzeko's game such as low compatibility with our brand of football),
This wont be an issue as I believe our brand of football will change under Pellegrini and as a result Dzeko will thrive under it. With wingers and him as a poaching target man it could be perfect.

Very true that was the role he played in Germany and was the reason we bought him. Get him back in this role and give him a chance to shine.

I think a bigger problem than the transfer fee is Cavani's apparent attitude. Do we really want a player who thinks he's doing us a favour by playing for us - as opposed to Fernandinho and Navas who seem genuinely excited about the prospect of pulling on a City shirt.

Jc3065 said:
kp789 said:
LoveCity said:
Some on here think that'll be enough to compete on all fronts... Aguero is 100% nailed on to regain his best form (and stay fit... after 3 separate injuries this season), Pellegrini will transform Dzeko into the best target man in the world (despite fundamental problems in Dzeko's game such as low compatibility with our brand of football),
This wont be an issue as I believe our brand of football will change under Pellegrini and as a result Dzeko will thrive under it. With wingers and him as a poaching target man it could be perfect.

Very true that was the role he played in Germany and was the reason we bought him. Get him back in this role and give him a chance to shine.
What makes you think we will play with wingers? Navas may be used as a Plan B.

If there's any radical change to City's style of play, and I don't think there will be, we could have a season of transition.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 am --<br /><br />
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
I think a bigger problem than the transfer fee is Cavani's apparent attitude. Do we really want a player who thinks he's doing us a favour by playing for us - as opposed to Fernandinho and Navas who seem genuinely excited about the prospect of pulling on a City shirt.
What is he supposed to do? He hasn't bad-mouthed the club, in fact he has been very complimentary.

your mothers lover said:
Forget about "biding wars"
The simple fact of the matter is
this: Cavani has a contract with
Napoli. One of the clauses in
that contract is that any club
that offers €63m will have their
offer accepted by Napoli and
may negotiate personal terms
with the player. Until such time
as a club offer €63m, Napoli
don't have to do anything unless
they wish to accept a lower
offer. If someone offers €63m
then Napoli are duty bound to
accept that offer.

Not entirely correct, City have spoken to Cavani & wages agreed etc yet no fee with Napoli is agreed. It's been publicly stated that this is true so what you are saying is slightly flawed.
They will sell for less than the buyout, if not they miss out on their own targets & buying clubs know this. It's why we won't see any club paying the €63m, we know it & they know it. They're trying it on in the hope they get a bidding war but it won't happen.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:

I agree, if it is true, can never be too sure with the papers. Also the buy out clause fee is way too high IMO

not my fault! said:
your mothers lover said:
Forget about "biding wars"
The simple fact of the matter is
this: Cavani has a contract with
Napoli. One of the clauses in
that contract is that any club
that offers €63m will have their
offer accepted by Napoli and
may negotiate personal terms
with the player. Until such time
as a club offer €63m, Napoli
don't have to do anything unless
they wish to accept a lower
offer. If someone offers €63m
then Napoli are duty bound to
accept that offer.

Not entirely correct, City have spoken to Cavani & wages agreed etc yet no fee with Napoli is agreed. It's been publicly stated that this is true so what you are saying is slightly flawed.
They will sell for less than the buyout, if not they miss out on their own targets & buying clubs know this. It's why we won't see any club paying the €63m, we know it & they know it. They're trying it on in the hope they get a bidding war but it won't happen.

and where have you read that?
Either you have inside info or you are just like those itk's who pretend to know stuff.

The best you can do is just wait and see. No point in giving false hopes to the lads in here. Chelsea looks closer to get him than us and real at the moment thb

Many on here didnt want Van Persie...result - loss of league IMO
Cavani is expensive but all footballers are fucking overpriced. I hope city pay the release clause because this boy will guarantee us goals and in my opinion the best chance of winning the league back

Ther bigger picture is that if we can - somehow - manage to recruit Isco, Navas & Fernandinho for the same 50ish million as Chelsea (or Real) spend on Cavani, then I'll be more than pleased.

Fuck De Laurentiis. Fuck Napoli & Fuck Cavani.

I really think that a choice of Aguero, Dzeko & Tevez is more than good enough to go into the season with, and if we were looking at spending 50m on a 23/24 year old then different matter, but Cavani is one decent contract off his 30th birthday.

If Tevez goes we should look to re-invest in someone who represents the same skill but is a much better investment, like a 24 year old Lewandowski.

Drive up the price and let Chelsea or Real pay it, IMO.

The thing everyone is forgetting about Cavani's or in fact any players buyout clause, is the fact they are stupidly high for a reason!
No club wants to lose their top player so as a deterrent to would be buyers they make the buyout so high that its worth their while to lose the player if it's activated. In Cavani's case they know he's not worth €63m but why sell him for his worth? Clubs are in this to make money as a business & it's that, that people are forgetting in these deals. Messi for example has a €200m buyout, ok he's the worlds best but even he isn't truly worth €200m, no one is. But it's so high that if it's activated they have more than enough to justify the sale.
Now we come to the buying club, in this case us. We know we'll get him for less than the reported €63m but a game of cat & mouse has to be played to get there. If Napoli think 3 clubs are interested they'll hold out for more until 2 parties back out!
I mentioned Barça, I can bet you that if we offered €150m + for Messi they'd listen! Same with Cavani, he'll be sold for much closer to €45m IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.