Celtic confirmed for August 8th friendly at COMS

hilts said:
CelticBhoyCityBlue said:
svennis pennis said:
Obviously picked as they will be goal fodder.

Honest to christ, I think we need some mature posters on this forum instead of the uneducated teenies writing absolute garbage about a club they have no knowledge of. I'm not sure how the opposition are selected and who has the final say but given the time of the year, that being it's near the end of the Scottish summer holiday and more or less the beginning of the English holidays, Celtic are one of only a handful who will bring a decent crowd. They have been awarded approximately 6,000 tickets and there is no doubt that there will be some in the home end as well. I will be in the home end through choice.

With regards to the line of pevious opposition like Valencia, Porto, Lazio, Milan etc let's examine that in more detail. Valencia have been in decline for about 4 years following their domestic and European success in the early millennium. With the exception of the last 2 seasons Porto have been pretty much the same as are Lazio who have done very little since none other than SGE won them the title in 2000. Milan can still attract bigger name players but again over the last couple of seasons have finished 4th and 5th in Serie A meaning they have been in the UEFA Cup instead of the Champions League. A common theme amongst them all is that they would bring literally a few hundred fans only. Hardly a big draw to Eastlands is it? They all have a bit of nostalgia from past glories and so do Celtic.

Scottish football is poor, however there will be a good capacity crowd at this game, and a competitive edge to it for a friendly. It is supposed to be entertaining, but what would you rather, this type of fixture or some latin types strolling around for 90 minutes with 20,000 in attendance?

good post sir, please ignore the negative comments from some fans on here (delusions of grandeur)

And if you think, as our Scotish friend does that we will get a capacity crowd for this game(assuming ticket prices are not reduced)then you too have delusions of grandeur. I still can't get over these Celtic fans than come on here and say "well we're going to bring 6,000! and somehow thats going to off set the fact that we drew 25k last year and Celtic are MUCH less of a draw than Milan.

sorry lads random as anything but what time is this apparent press conference? not got a clue and dont fancy missing it!

cheers for that...got up at half 9 thinking it was then to find out that was chelseas haha desperate times!

I think the atmosphere will depend on how many fellow Blues turn up. Me and my mates will be there as usual, and hopefully 30,000+ other Blues.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
BlueT said:
I think the atmosphere will depend on how many fellow Blues turn up. Me and my mates will be there as usual, and hopefully 30,000+ other Blues.

I would think(if Celtic can bring 6k)low to mid 30s might be possible, as a total.
Celtic will bring more than 6,000 m8.

If City sign Eto'o and Tevez they'll probley be a full house if tickets are cheapish. Celtic will bring about 10,000.

lisbon 67 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
BlueT said:

I would think(if Celtic can bring 6k)low to mid 30s might be possible, as a total.
Celtic will bring more than 6,000 m8.

I'm just going off the figures Celtic fans have been giving, the fact remains that forgetting Celtic for a second, it's unlikely City can draw more than 27k or so(and that's doubtful in the middle of holiday season), which means, unless you guys bring over 20k a full house isn't going to happen. It's as much about City, as it is an attack on Celtic. Now IF and it's a big IF the ownership reduce the ticket prices, which they didn't last year(although different owners), all bets are off. Last year was pectically bad(in terms of turn out)at least in part because our season had already started and the only new signing, we had at the time on display was Tal Ben Haim(not someone many people will rush out and buy tickets to see).

i think its a great friendly. celtic will bring zillions and fair play to them for that.i struggle to think of a team in world football who have a bigger away following than them. i never do pre season games but im going to this one,im sure it will be reduced prices. that said,i hope we smash the thistle faced fuckards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.