Central midfielder in January?

Re: Central midfielder in January !!

Blue Haze said:
NoahCity said:
Today once agains howed just how much we need reinforcements in midfield.

Yes. We took off Ferna to rest him and had no one to adequately replace him, so we went with 1 in central midfield. Garcia actually did alright but the difference between Ferna/Yaya and Garcia/Rodwell is truly frightening.

We are 1 injury away from disaster.

Yup. The most frightening part about that is that Garcia doesn't pass forward. Rodwell is quicker and more athletic but i haven't seen him make many good forward passes either. We need another energetic midfielder who is not afraid to start attacks. Basically another Fernandinho. Or we might have to overwork Ferna and Yaya.

I'd like to see Rodwell given a chance as he has showed promise when given a chance, and he is finally fit, would have been interesting to see him with Fernandinho today. I Really hope that tweet about us targeting someone for central midfield is true.

I'm still all in for Gündogan, not CL tied and young. May be one of the most expensive alternatives.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Bruun said:
I'm still all in for Gündogan, not CL tied and young. May be one of the most expensive alternatives.
I'm sure he's CL tied?

Been out injured and left out of their CL squad. Just checked Uefa.com, he's at 0 appearances.

Bruun said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Bruun said:
I'm sure he's CL tied?

Been out injured and left out of their CL squad. Just checked Uefa.com, he's at 0 appearances.
Oh, wasn't aware. Cheeky double bid for him and Hummels? Might be tempting to Klopp to reinvest the money to reinforce their squad. Both quality players, Hummels been a bit off the boil admittedly but I think it's just a phase.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Bruun said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
I'm sure he's CL tied?

Oh, wasn't aware. Cheeky double bid for him and Hummels? Might be tempting to Klopp to reinvest the money to reinforce their squad. Both quality players, Hummels been a bit off the boil admittedly but I think it's just a phase.

Those two signings would make us the best team in the world

I think it's important to remember this about Juventus when bringing up Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, etc....

Juventus' window to WIN is getting smaller & smaller. Who knows how long Buffon (36 years old in January) and Pirlo (34) are going to keep playing.

I don't see them wanting to sell any of those midfielders because they are desperately trying to win the Champions League before the end of Buffon's career.

I think it would be really tough to pull on their midfielders, ESPECIALLY Vidal & Pogba. Those guys are two of the best of the best. Not going to find better players than those two, and Juventus realizes this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.