Cesc Fabregas signs for Chelsea (page 190)

Re: Cesc Fabregas

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
CityFan94 said:
I just can't see this move happening.

Fabregas has had a few interviews where he has basically slagged us off and accused us of trying to buy the league.

He wasn't very respectful in his post-match interview at the Etihad either.

I don't think he would be interested in coming here at all.

Ross Barkley is the one we should be going for.

Bad mouthed us when he suggested that we wouldn't have beaten The Arse had we had fifteen on the pitch. Not impressed by this person at all! He wouldn't buy into 'the project' when the graft had to be done. Shouldn't be courted now the donkey work is over!

Although he did apologise to us at the Brit Awards.

The_Mo said:
Arsenal have first refusal. He wont go anywhere else if he does come to the prem. If they can get a world class striker in, they will have some team.

Schezny
XXXX-Kosc-Mert-Gibbs
Fab-Wilsh
Walcott-Ozil-Ox/Caz
XXXX

Fairly sure they don't.. Hasn't that been one of the things that's come to light since this whole thing started?

Don't want him. If he's not good enough for Barcelona why should he be good enough for us. If we are going for a midfielder, I'd sooner have Ivan Rakitic. We don't need another tippy tippy player, we've got too much of those.

yellamcfc said:
Bruun said:
Rammyblues said:
So 35m for Fabregas, 16m for Fernando 30m for Benatia and 15m for back up keeper, thats 86m, minus 49m, 37m over the limit.

Gudetti 7m
Garcia 8m
Sinclair 3m
Dzeko or Milner 20m

Just about covers it. :-)

Oh and your calculation is wrong by the way, it's 96m :)

More realistic:

In:
35m for Fabregas
16m for Fernando
25m for Benatia
3-5m for backup goalkeeper
Total: 79-81m

Out:
3-5m for Guidetti
5-7m for Garcia
3m for Sinclair
15m for Dzeko/Milner
5m for Richards
3-5m for Pantilimon
Total: 34-40mLooks good to me, although Benatia would probably cost up to £30m and I'd hope we'd get 2 or 3m more for Guidetti and Garcia.

I still think we need a left sided pace man to balance out the squad/team, sell Dzeko or Negredo and use Jovetic as a 2nd/3rd striker.

We could mainly set up the team with Aguero up top, with Silva, Fabregas & Nasri behind, an awesome prospect.

We won't go into next season with only 2 strikers and Jovetic isn't an out and out striker. Also Jovetic's fitness is still unproven.

adrianr said:
The_Mo said:
Arsenal have first refusal. He wont go anywhere else if he does come to the prem. If they can get a world class striker in, they will have some team.

Schezny
XXXX-Kosc-Mert-Gibbs
Fab-Wilsh
Walcott-Ozil-Ox/Caz
XXXX

Fairly sure they don't.. Hasn't that been one of the things that's come to light since this whole thing started?

I think Arsenal have to be informed if Barcelona receive a bid and be given the chance to make an offer but after that Barca can take the highest bid .
Also not sure Arsenal can afford 35 mill in position they are very strong in. Money needs spending on Defence, Holding Mid and Striker.

blueparrot said:
yellamcfc said:
Bruun said:
Oh and your calculation is wrong by the way, it's 96m :)

More realistic:

In:
35m for Fabregas
16m for Fernando
25m for Benatia
3-5m for backup goalkeeper
Total: 79-81m

Out:
3-5m for Guidetti
5-7m for Garcia
3m for Sinclair
15m for Dzeko/Milner
5m for Richards
3-5m for Pantilimon
Total: 34-40mLooks good to me, although Benatia would probably cost up to £30m and I'd hope we'd get 2 or 3m more for Guidetti and Garcia.

I still think we need a left sided pace man to balance out the squad/team, sell Dzeko or Negredo and use Jovetic as a 2nd/3rd striker.

We could mainly set up the team with Aguero up top, with Silva, Fabregas & Nasri behind, an awesome prospect.

We won't go into next season with only 2 strikers and Jovetic isn't an out and out striker. Also Jovetic's fitness is still unproven.

We could scrap getting Fernando tho, and keep Garcia, would balance the books even more, and Garcia proved his worth as "backup".

If Fabregas is available then we need to find the funds.Some difficult decisions would need to be made in order to do so.....

The funds could be raised with the sales of Milner,Richards,Sinclair and Garcia plus what's left from the FFP compliance pot.

Worth it imo.

Telegraph: City are closely monitoring Cesc Fabregas' situation at Barcelona, along with United and Arsenal (who have a buy-back clause).

citizens_1976 said:
Don't want him. If he's not good enough for Barcelona why should he be good enough for us. If we are going for a midfielder, I'd sooner have Ivan Rakitic. We don't need another tippy tippy player, we've got too much of those.

Yaya was deemed surplus to requirements at Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.