Champions League 2019/2020 season

The perception is that the winner of the CL is the best team in Europe.
The reality is that that is a load of bollocks.
Unfortunately perception is usually the greater reality in people's minds.
Therefore it's something we need to win to get any recognition.
What I do know from our recent history is that once we win it we will go on to win it multiple times in a short period
We are building this club's capabilities up slowly but the foundations we are laying are solid.

If Liverpool win the Champions League, they probably are the best team in Europe. They've beaten Bayern and Barcelona (in quite the most dramatic fashion anyone has ever seen) and are neck and neck with City. In fact, they've only lost once all season compared to City's four times. If City win the league then they will have deserved it but in reality there's nothing to separate them. However, most neutrals believe Liverpool are the better team because they've beaten the cream of Europe whereas City have regularly fallen, year after year.

Bit of a shambles for the elite, no?

8 combined losses from 2 teams who've never won a title this century.

Champions of what exactly?

If Liverpool win the Champions League, they probably are the best team in Europe. They've beaten Bayern and Barcelona (in quite the most dramatic fashion anyone has ever seen) and are neck and neck with City. In fact, they've only lost once all season compared to City's four times. If City win the league then they will have deserved it but in reality there's nothing to separate them. However, most neutrals believe Liverpool are the better team because they've beaten the cream of Europe whereas City have regularly fallen, year after year.
If Liverpool lose the CL final in a one off game that could go either way on small margins, does that make Liverpool a lesser team than if they win it on the same criteria?

Come on. You're mincing words here. "Never won the premier league" is a common phrase in this thread. Liverpool have won the league title eighteen times, whereas City have won the league title five times. Doesn't your title from 67/68 count because it wasn't called the PL? In fact, it all smoke and mirrors. Both Liverpool and City have more points right now than any of United's title winning teams of the 90s. Leicester have won the PL. And so too have Blackburn. Pedigree? I'm not so sure.
It seems to me as if you're wumming here.
I have been going since 74 and first and foremost the title is the one I want to win, don't get me wrong I want to win everything we enter, I just see any cups as icing on the cake.

Would we get a 5th team in next years Champions League due to mickeys or spurs getting the spot?
I don't think so as both had already qualified. If Arsenal win the Europa then England will get 5 places.

Like to tell me which team they haven't beaten this season having played twice.
By your logic I know which team is therefore better.

Should have reached the final this year, real chance missed, but in the last few years have conceded to many goals, in the knockout stages particularly at home to progress. The away goal rule doesn't count next year so that should help.

I still think were young as a club and it will take a few years to win it, weve done better each season and next I feel we make the final, hopefully with a win. Liverpool, United, Chelsea have all won it because they've always been teams fighting at the top. Now weve solidified valour status in the PL I see no reason as to why we cant win it next season, PL, CL, FA Cup in that order please.

Bit of a shambles for the elite, no?

8 combined losses from 2 teams who've never won a title this century.

Champions of what exactly?

Don't think it could be seen as a shambles if Liverpool win it. Historically (cringe) seen as a European powerhouse. Lost the final last year to the biggest and best club in Europe. Either going to have the 2nd or 3rd most points in Premier league history in a few days. They've beaten Barca and Bayern along the way. They're undoubtedly a superb side just like we are.

If Spurs win it I'd agree it looks a bit of a shambles.It will hurt us in terms of we should not be losing a 2 legged match to them and we all know we're good enough to win it but it continues to allude us.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.