Champions League Final | Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Sat 1st June

I am sure it has been said, but this is the folly of cup football. Real Madrid are not the best team in Europe, and they know it (as Rodrygo has mentioned), yet they will be paraded as such, and Bellingham hailed as some modern messiah gracing the game with his virtuosity, as hyperbole overwhelms reality. It would not be so bad if it were not Real, but it is, and the next time that we play them we need to utterly destroy their myth.
Madrid have the know how, resilience and yes the luck to win the CL. Even from a neutral perspective I think you would be hard pushed to admit Madrid deserved to get through against City this year.

Madrid's players know City are on par with them and I just hope if our paths cross again next season and I think they will, that we come out winners.

What a fucking embarssment this thread is. Post after post slagging off Bellingham/Madrid/Dortmund and a competition for the most childish spelling of his name. Some sad bitter fuckers on here.
Indeed. Seeing stuff like "Bellendham", from grown adults no less. Makes you question why you engage with the forum at all.

I am sure it has been said, but this is the folly of cup football. Real Madrid are not the best team in Europe, and they know it (as Rodrygo has mentioned), yet they will be paraded as such, and Bellingham hailed as some modern messiah gracing the game with his virtuosity, as hyperbole overwhelms reality. It would not be so bad if it were not Real, but it is, and the next time that we play them we need to utterly destroy their myth.
We have only managed to do that once so far in four attempts although decisively on that occasion. They have been a formidable force in Europe particularly over the last decade and more often than not manage to find a way to win games. We may say they have enjoyed more than their fair share of luck but I think there has to be more to it. They have perfected the art of winning the the CL in much the same way as we have perfected the last 10 to 15 games of a title race. It won't be easy to dislodge them from the summit next year either.

I hadn’t really noticed it until the last few days. He quite deservedly got his plaudits when he made the move, and throughout the season with what he’s done, but the last few days and this very morning have been off the scale.

Should he start to fail and play extremely poor and the Madrid fans turn on him, which they can on a whim, be interesting to see if the British press do the same.
The hype about him before and during the City v Madrid Champs League games was huge.
It was as if he was carrying the hopes of English football ?
Was very surprised he won the La Liga POTY, as apparently his performances have dropped off.
My biggest gripe with him, is that he has adopted the Real Madrid malaise of diving and demanding free kicks and bookings of opponents.
No doubt any England success in the Euros will be down to Bellingham and not Foden.
Even "King Harry" seems to have dropped down the popularity rankings...

The hype about him before and during the City v Madrid Champs League games was huge.
It was as if he was carrying the hopes of English football ?
Was very surprised he won the La Liga POTY, as apparently his performances have dropped off.
My biggest gripe with him, is that he has adopted the Real Madrid malaise of diving and demanding free kicks and bookings of opponents.
No doubt any England success in the Euros will be down to Bellingham and not Foden.
Even "King Harry" seems to have dropped down the popularity rankings...
Nah. Foden will outshine him completely. Just depends on Southgate playing him correctly, which I think he will. I can’t wait for the euros to end to be honest though.

No, we were shit at taking penalties.

Also, why do the media love them winning this so much?. It's becoming a one-team competition like the Bundesliga (Bayern will get back to winning ways).

penalties are part of the game. They were better at them than us. They were the better side on the day.

Luck has literally nothing whatsoever to do with it.

penalties are part of the game. They were better at them than us. They were the better side on the day.

Madrid were definitely better at penalties, in relation to the second leg, Madrid were hanging on the last 25 mins of the second half and City were the better side.

It was obvious RM were hanging on against us. It was very telling that they took off their 2 main attacking threats Vinicius & Rodrygo. It looked on that evidence they were happy to play for penalties & put their trust in their main penalty takers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.