Champions League Final | Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Sat 1st June

I don’t think birbingum did him many favours when they retired his shirt - at the age of 16. That’s never really left his rep.

Nah. Foden will outshine him completely. Just depends on Southgate playing him correctly, which I think he will. I can’t wait for the euros to end to be honest though.
I hope you're right, but think Phil will be told to stay wide on the left, with Bellingham playing centrally behind Kane in the #10 role.
Phil's influence is greater in the #10 role, but think Southgate will choose Bellingham ahead of him.
The only way Phil will be "allowed" to come off the wing is if Southgate only plays 1 holding midfielder (Rice) - and that won't happen...

I don’t recall them hanging on for 25 mins mate.

We may have been the better side in that period but it’s not like we were peppering their goal for 25 mins and they were scrambling around like a bottom 3 side trying to blag a major shock.

The year before we absolutely bummed them all over the place. This year they were much, much improved.

Overall, they did enough to beat a team who were the current holders and were sitting on an historical treble from the previous season.

You have to be an incredibly impressive football team to do that.
Hanging on perhaps was a slight exaggeration mate, but we were the most dominant team and Madrid seemed quite happy to let the game go into extra time. At the end of the day when it came to penalties they held their nerve and got the job done, but the teams over the 2 legs were very evenly matched.

I don’t recall them hanging on for 25 mins mate.

We may have been the better side in that period but it’s not like we were peppering their goal for 25 mins and they were scrambling around like a bottom 3 side trying to blag a major shock.

The year before we absolutely bummed them all over the place. This year they were much, much improved.

Overall, they did enough to beat a team who were the current holders and were sitting on an historical treble from the previous season.

You have to be an incredibly impressive football team to do that.
They hung on for 70 mins at our place and that's for sure.

Mbappe will undoubtedly weaken Madrid like Bellingham has. Combine that with their past-it contingent (Kroos, Modric etc) and i truly think we've seen the last of them. It was a disgrace that Vinicius wasn't dismissed last night but given then patriarchal Francophile leanings of UEFA you can see why.

Let's let them have their European Cup and all the Bellendham hype!. Not one of their teams in a single season will ever be as great as Man City 2022-23.

We tore their Franco-Facist arses a new one back then, and it will always make me smile with total glee and smugness.

City till I fucking die, and indeed.... before the internet, how many of us pretended to be one of their players on a school playground?.... That's right... None!!. Many of us preteneded to be Beckenbauer and Pele, but none of that fascist lot after Puskas etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.