Champions League Final | Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Sat 1st June

It was obvious RM were hanging on against us. It was very telling that they took off their 2 main attacking threats Vinicius & Rodrygo. It looked on that evidence they were happy to play for penalties & put their trust in their main penalty takers.

They dragged City to where they wanted us with penalties, you could see that in the body language of the players in the huddles before the penalties were taken. Madrid were all high fiving each other and our lot had a look of how have we ended up here after battering them all game. It was a leveller for them and they took it, we couldn’t even ram home the advantage of them missing first.

He should enjoy it, he's getting the full Beckham 98 treatment when England go out of the Euros, I can already hear the knives being sharpened.

Nah we all know Phil will get the shit

I have no idea what Bellingham is like as I only watch City. I don't remember him playing against us, than again when watching psg play against us I forgot that Messi, Neymar and Mbappe were on the pitch.

Madrid have the know how, resilience and yes the luck to win the CL. Even from a neutral perspective I think you would be hard pushed to admit Madrid deserved to get through against City this year.

Madrid's players know City are on par with them and I just hope if our paths cross again next season and I think they will, that we come out winners.
On a par? They are not even close at the moment.....CL knockouts are same as any cup, bit of luck and you can win it....helps when 90% of your league games are training sessions, the Prem teams are lucky if they can stroll any of their league games.

Madrid were definitely better at penalties, in relation to the second leg, Madrid were hanging on the last 25 mins of the second half and City were the better side.

I don’t recall them hanging on for 25 mins mate.

We may have been the better side in that period but it’s not like we were peppering their goal for 25 mins and they were scrambling around like a bottom 3 side trying to blag a major shock.

The year before we absolutely bummed them all over the place. This year they were much, much improved.

Overall, they did enough to beat a team who were the current holders and were sitting on an historical treble from the previous season.

You have to be an incredibly impressive football team to do that.

Nah we all know Phil will get the shit

I have no idea what Bellingham is like as I only watch City. I don't remember him playing against us, than again when watching psg play against us I forgot that Messi, Neymar and Mbappe were on the pitch.

Tbf I have seen him have brilliant games for England, not been impressed at all with any of his CL knock out performances with Madrid.

What ever it is Madrid have you cannot help but admire it.

I remember reading ‘fear and loathing in la liga’ and it talked about the history of Madrid and even back in the 50/60s they had this reputation for managing to win matches and staging comebacks almost a feeling they were never going to be beaten.

Were in a very stat focused world and so although looking at possession stats, passes in the final third etc tell us many things, actually defending your goal and taking your chances is still a part of football. People, including myself, say anyone can win a cup, that its a thing of chance but Real manage to disprove that in the most coveted trophy of all. Infuriating but they deserve recognition for how incredible they are in certain facets of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.