Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Given its 8pm BST kick off so 10 in Turkey it could be a 00.30 finish with a long way

It could be a late finish couldn’t it..am I correct in saying its 10pm ko local time and as its miles from the city centre I wonder about safe passage for fans back to airport/city centre.
The Uefa page said they are running buses back to the airport from the stadium. Mixed opinions on the metro - I heard it closed at 12am - but other said they will keep it open

The Uefa page said they are running buses back to the airport from the stadium. Mixed opinions on the metro - I heard it closed at 12am - but other said they will keep it open
istanbul municipal announced that metro and busses are free (fans with tickets) on matchday.
Our municipal also keeps metros/bus stations open after 00.00 on special days like important games etc. dont worry. i ll keep you informed.
cheers

hi,
city will train at Gala training grounds Florya before final. (as far as i ve heard). Florya is a alittle out of city, beautiful place, can be visited via metro. but i dont know for sure if it will be open to public. you ll know it better.
cheers.
i just remembered that thousands of turkish fans will come to florya to see city. :))) so the training will be closed 99.9999%. and the place will be so crowded. fyi.

Weird question but does Istanbul airport (the new one on the European side) accept mobile phone boarding passes? Just gone to check in for my easyjet flight home on the Monday (it's early but thought fuck it you can check in 30 days before) and it says sorry this airport does not accept mobile boarding passes. Also won't let me check in and print off and says check in at the desk on the day. Surely that can't be right? The airport is only 4 years old.
IM flying Easy jet back from bulgaria nice and cheap, They told me to print boarding pass and show paper, No mobile boarding

Just a heads up to all those on Sportsworld flights.

Don't be like my mate who booked flight n thought that was it - you have to follow the link in the email they sent you and enter passport details!

Cut off is today midday!!!

I've not received a reminder.

PASSPORT INFORMATION
We kindly ask for you to complete your passport information as soon as possible. All passport details must be submitted no later than midday on Friday 26th May 2023. If you have booked post this date, we will require your data on the same day of booking. Failure to do so could impact you travelling
Might be putting my flights back in the pot. My daughter didn’t get into the 18-25 early sales category so I’ll probably only get high price tickets now, and might not even get one for her.

How are people planning to get from Sabiha Gokcen airport to the centre? Taxi or metro? Metro seems considerably the cheaper option but seems to take about 45 mins longer according to Google Maps.
I'm travelling solo and will land on Sat am at Sabiha Gocken - i didn't know that you can get a Metro from there, thought IST only but great if Metro's available. What day / time are you getting in?

If I get a ticket I'll be flying to Sabiha Gokcem on the Friday returning Sunday.
Haven't booked a flight yet but paid a small fee to reserve and freeze prices.
Would definitely share a taxi with fellow blues on my flight.
Have booked a hotel near Taksim Square with free cancellation.
I land it Sabiha about 7.00 am on Sat! and fly back Sunday pm - happy to share Taxi to and from Taksim Square fellow blues - if the times suit

I land it Sabiha about 7.00 am on Sat! and fly back Sunday pm - happy to share Taxi to and from Taksim Square fellow blues - if the times suit
hi, too much traffic that time of day. there is metro station at sabiha also. you may use it, but it will be very crowded also. your choice.
cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.