Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

I'm landing Friday at 10.45pm on Pegasus flight PC1182
Depart Sunday 12.35pm Pegasus flight PC7349 both from Sabiha.
Booked 2 nights hotel about 800 metres from Taksim Square
Not booked any transport to and from Sabiha to Taksim yet but happy to book and share with anyone either or both ways if anyone is on these flights staying near Taksim Square?
There's a shuttle bus runs every half hour from Sabiha to Taksim. 67 Turkish Lira or £3

istanbul municipal announced that metro and busses are free (fans with tickets) on matchday.
Our municipal also keeps metros/bus stations open after 00.00 on special days like important games etc. dont worry. i ll keep you informed.
cheers
Thanks for all your valuable contributions to this thread my friend, much appreciated

It may have been asked before mate but are we best fetching Euro's to Istanbul or lira and roughly what should we expect to be paying for a beer.
credit card everywhere... 90% contactless. use credit card. but matchday no alcohol in the stadium normally (they will not make an exception for the final i think, i will keep you informed). And there are no pubs near stadium. But there will be mobile turkish guys selling beer. thats how we drink near the stadium in Gala stadium. So hold some cash for matchday near stadium. so how much cash?
ok,
1 beer is 40 Turkish Lira at stores at the moment = 2 USD. They may double the price near stadium, those guys.
at pubs, at Besiktas and Kadıkoy, it is depending. Last month i paid 50TRY in a pub at kadıkoy. But in nevizade street (taksim) i paid 100 TRY (it was a BJK-GS game so they increased the price).
So, normally 50-60 TRY in pubs. But since english fans are coming they will increase it. 100 TRY = 5 USD probably, we will see.
Turkey in a deep financial crisis at the moment. terrible things are happening financially, i dont wanna talk about that and depress you. Sunday 2nd round elections. Next week there will be fluctuations ( i can not comment on which way, it is not legal, but you get it :)) ) on Turkish Lira. We will see. It will not affect you on a negative way, probably you will have a cheaper stay :))
So, depending on your beer consumption make your calculations, near stadium. Hold cash only for matchday near stadium.
cheers.

credit card everywhere... 90% contactless. use credit card. but matchday no alcohol in the stadium normally (they will not make an exception for the final i think, i will keep you informed). And there are no pubs near stadium. But there will be mobile turkish guys selling beer. thats how we drink near the stadium in Gala stadium. So hold some cash for matchday near stadium. so how much cash?
ok,
1 beer is 40 Turkish Lira at stores at the moment = 2 USD. They may double the price near stadium, those guys.
at pubs, at Besiktas and Kadıkoy, it is depending. Last month i paid 50TRY in a pub at kadıkoy. But in nevizade street (taksim) i paid 100 TRY (it was a BJK-GS game so they increased the price).
So, normally 50-60 TRY in pubs. But since english fans are coming they will increase it. 100 TRY = 5 USD probably, we will see.
Turkey in a deep financial crisis at the moment. terrible things are happening financially, i dont wanna talk about that and depress you. Sunday 2nd round elections. Next week there will be fluctuations ( i can not comment on which way, it is not legal, but you get it :)) ) on Turkish Lira. We will see. It will not affect you on a negative way, probably you will have a cheaper stay :))
So, depending on your beer consumption make your calculations, near stadium. Hold cash only for matchday near stadium.
cheers.
Thanks very much for all the info would you say we're better bring Euro's for our cash part or Turkish Lira.

Tui have put a couple of flights on from Manchester to antalya on the Frida for £100. Not sure i trust them though. Every story I hear is about them cancelling flights last minute

Thanks very much for all the info would you say we're better bring Euro's for our cash part or Turkish Lira.
i dont think you need to bring Euro's or USD. Use ATM's to get cash Turkish Liras, ATM's everwhere....Get turkish lira from ATM's using your credit card. Isn't it better?

This could be a long,hot day so I say wear a cap,take sunscreen but above all

TAKE A FULLY CHARGED POWER BANK with an appropriate lead

This is good advice ;-))

There's a shuttle bus runs every half hour from Sabiha to Taksim. 67 Turkish Lira or £3
Cheers mate,
Do you know if it runs late enough for my flight?
I had a look and I got the impression it's stopped running by the time I land.
Will have another look as obviously a taxi would cost more but would be worth prebooking a taxi if others want to share

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.