Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

If people are still looking for a cost effective and particularly time effective (great for those who can't get much or any time off work) way to get to Istanbul....

Sun Express have a 00.30 - 06.20 flight to Izmir direct from Luton on Saturday 10th, for around £100 one way.
Turkish have frequent direct services from Izmir to Istanbul; depends how risk averse you are but the 08.55 out of Izmir arriving Istanbul at 10.10 is £42.
They have many later flights if people would rather give themselves a bit more leeway in-between flights.

So about £140 give or take to arrive 10am into Istanbul on the morning of the game, and the opportunity to get some kip on the flight to Izmir from Luton which is essentially overnight.
Perfect if you need to be in the office until close of business Friday afternoon.

Following on from above, for those who are time poor and need to be out/back asap and at a reasonable cost....

The Sun Express return in the picture below is £230
The Turkish internal return in the other picture is £85

£315 for your flights, and then just a one night stay in Istanbul required for the day of the final.
Probably about as cost effective as it's gonna get for anyone still looking to get involved, but without going round the houses in Europe too much.

1684610878815.png

1684610919432.png

For those of you willing to drive back towards London after the FA Cup Final, Direct Flights from Stansted ranging between £190-250. We packaged this up on expedia with a Hotel (Taksim Area) for the ATOL protection, just over £400 all in. Coach shuttles to and from the airport are around £4 for a 90 minute transfer. See you there blues!1684612008592.png

Perhaps a daft question; will City allow you to book one of their charter flights early next week if you haven't had confirmation of a match ticket ?

Is anyone on the 10:05 flight Sunday morning?

I'm going on my own and shitting myself about missing the flight home.
Keep thinking of scenarios where I could miss the flight and get stuck there - alarm doesn't go off, sleep through alarm, can't find a taxi, get stuck in traffic etc.

Know I won't get back to the hotel until about 2am if we win and will have to be up at about 5:45. Genuinely thinking of if I'm best off just staying awake all night and getting to the airport really early.

Keep thinking of scenarios where I could miss the flight and get stuck there - alarm doesn't go off, sleep through alarm, can't find a taxi, get stuck in traffic etc.

Know I won't get back to the hotel until about 2am if we win and will have to be up at about 5:45. Genuinely thinking of if I'm best off just staying awake all night and getting to the airport really early.
I was just thinking about this. Does anyone know what options there are for leaving the ground. Won't most of the public transport be shut??

my mate lives there,one thing he as stressed to me,the traffic is unbelievable,he's told me
to give much more time for any of the journeys you have to make,just incase you get stuck in bad traffic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.