Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

We have 2 hotels reserved in Istanbul on the day of the game. My mate has the cheaper one which does have decent reviews but it is in Fatih . I have another booked about 10 mins from Taksim Square but a little more expensive and also decent reviews
A couple of people on here have warned about Fatih I’m trying to get the lads to the other hotel instead but they’re not having it . Even though Taksim Square it’s further away from the Stadium I reckon it will be more lively with City fans congregating there and more regular shuttle buses to stadium.
What’s the consensus on here in where best to go ?

Taksim Square 100% from what I've heard.

We have 2 hotels reserved in Istanbul on the day of the game. My mate has the cheaper one which does have decent reviews but it is in Fatih . I have another booked about 10 mins from Taksim Square but a little more expensive and also decent reviews
A couple of people on here have warned about Fatih I’m trying to get the lads to the other hotel instead but they’re not having it . Even though Taksim Square it’s further away from the Stadium I reckon it will be more lively with City fans congregating there and more regular shuttle buses to stadium.
There’s a Turkish guy on here, Kerem I think, posted loads of information about where best to stay, where to avoid etc.

Because the other half won't let me back in if I don't come back the Sunday
If you get the flight back we are on but it’s early doors Sunday, to stanstead I’ll give you a lift back up north if you want.
We are going back to Barnsley but can get you to Doncaster train station then a direct back to Manchester? Pm me if you need the lift.

I'm sure Fatih will be fine, but from what I read it is quite a congested, run down, and quite a ropey area. Not sure it's dangerous but it's enough for me to just pay that little extra and go over to Taksim side. Anywhere on that side should be fine.

And why not pay the little bit extra to be with all the other fans? I'm sure there will be fans on budgets staying in Fatih. I'm a solo traveller though (meeting people out there) so it wasn't a choice for me personally.

Just stick to Fatih mate. Taxi’s are meant to be dirt cheap anyway and between a few it will come to fuck all.

In case this helps anyone, this is a pre-booked transfer service that has excellent online reviews, can be easily booked online, with the option of paying in person when you're picked up; https://istanbul.safeairporttransfer.com/

Looks like their rates are approx. twice what the cheapest taxi would/could be, but in the scheme of things, +/-100 Euro for airport/hotel round trip, when journey can easily be in excess of an hour, is a pretty good deal, especially if you can split 2 or 3 ways, as the cost is per car, not per person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.